ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL in support of Chambers Thread

LT2016

Feb 7, 2020
He used a poor metaphor (or whatever you call it) given the circumstances, but does not need to be destroyed over it. I’m critical of chambers and wouldn’t mind if he were let go, but I would not want him let go for this. No way. Pat’s record of good relationships with all communities speaks volumes. If he had racism issues we would have heard more of it than just this one misinterpreted instance.

He absolutely should not be fired for this. Many other players, including African Americans, are defending Chambers. bolton has a right to be offended and run away, but that doesn’t mean Chambers had bad intent. The fact that we are concerned about Chambers’ future shows how f*cked up the world is.

He absolutely should not be fired for this. Many other players, including African Americans, are defending Chambers. bolton has a right to be offended and run away, but that doesn’t mean Chambers had bad intent. The fact that we are concerned about Chambers’ future shows how f*cked up the world is.
No Bolton should not have run away. Coaches and players should have a relationship where they can discuss problems that come up. And Chambers appears to be that type of person that does so and is willing to listen.

Bolton should have went to his coach to discuss it. If he had, he would have learned a lot about coach, a lot about himself, and a lot about society. Things like don't just assume the worst about people, or that talking things out is the best way, and gain confidence in himself for doing so.

Instead he ran away all butt hurt, ran from the situation, ran from his teammates, ran from his school. He would have been a much better, much stronger person had he stayed and worked through the issue.

And this would have been a nothing burger. Instead it damages him, Chambers, the school, and racial relationships.

What a shame.

Sadly, zero commonsense did not prevail here and was not Pat's that was missing! If you want an example of just the opposite, read the quote from the bird watcher in the park that asked the the women to "leash her dog!" and then she calls the police! I paraphrase his view of the incident, "Do not define the woman by X number of seconds of poor judgement!" If I were a millionaire entrepreneur I'd offer that man a six figure $ position!

Over half this board thought Gundy should have been canned for wearing a shirt. Good God, How easy to excuse behavior when it is one of your own.

Do I think he should be fired? No, but do I think he will. Yeah. This story is picking up steam and ESPN just aired it. All it will take is a PA Chapter of NAACP to put pressure on the school and president and he is done for. It was a ridiculous thing to say and it is now worst with everything going on.

No Bolton should not have run away. Coaches and players should have a relationship where they can discuss problems that come up. And Chambers appears to be that type of person that does so and is willing to listen.

Bolton should have went to his coach to discuss it. If he had, he would have learned a lot about coach, a lot about himself, and a lot about society. Things like don't just assume the worst about people, or that talking things out is the best way, and gain confidence in himself for doing so.

Instead he ran away all butt hurt, ran from the situation, ran from his teammates, ran from his school. He would have been a much better, much stronger person had he stayed and worked through the issue.

And this would have been a nothing burger. Instead it damages him, Chambers, the school, and racial relationships.

What a shame.
According to his post, he did go to Chambers and many others to discuss it. I don't think we know the whole story, whatever it is.

Most of the people who want him fired are the fans who wanted him fired long ago - just to say I told you so, and trolls online that LOVE when Penn State is in the news for the wrong reasons. It's a sad world we live in, especially when his players jump to his defense

More? He used a freaking metaphor, which as it turns out is no longer any good. Get a grip Richard!

1) Did you read his Twitter post? It's in the first post in this thread
2) I'm not defending or supporting anyone based on what little I know
3) Calling people names makes you look small and hurts your credibility

1) Yep
2) By not supporting Chambers you are supporting him being fired.
3) Based on many observations, I called it the way it is. Although, you already knew this.

Reactions: fkkkjm

What a shame.
Thanks White Guy. :rolleyes:

He used a poor metaphor (or whatever you call it) given the circumstances, but does not need to be destroyed over it. I’m critical of chambers and wouldn’t mind if he were let go, but I would not want him let go for this. No way. Pat’s record of good relationships with all communities speaks volumes. If he had racism issues we would have heard more of it than just this one misinterpreted instance.
I'm a bit confused. In this current social environment, aren't we supposed to judge people on their mistakes or worst sin? Why would we want to retain a man who has contributed so much to the university. Hasn't he committed a sin? Aren't we removing statues of men for the same reason? Help me out here.

Did we really need another thread for this? Can't we just pin a thread at the top titled; Angry old white guys and the things that make them angry.

Listen up buttercups. You best find a way to deal with the root of your problems, a waning influence on society. 2019 was the year that milennials officially became the most populous generation. Boomers have officially begun their great die off and, their political power will weaken more every year. Your wilfull ignorance will no longer be tolerated. No one is obligated to answer your wide eyed feigned innocent questions on racism. The information is widely available. Do your own research.

What a shame.
He did go his coach as well as his academic advisor and the AD. He chose to leave after that. Pat made a mistake but I don't believe he had bad intentions in his treatment of the young man. Hopefully he has learned and is better for this incident. Seems many if his players support him. I expect the AD will speak with all the players to determine if there is an ongoing issue. Hopefully it won't be a "knee jerk" reaction to the media blitz.

Point 3 isn't necessarily true. Abject stupidity does deserve to be called out. I find name-calling completely acceptable if the counterparty acts like a 5 year old. Not speaking of your discussion specifically though.....

Reactions: ouirpsu
He did go his coach as well as his academic advisor and the AD. He chose to leave after that. Pat made a mistake but I don't believe he had bad intentions in his treatment of the young man. Hopefully he has learned and is better for this incident. Seems many if his players support him. I expect the AD will speak with all the players to determine if there is an ongoing issue. Hopefully it won't be a "knee jerk" reaction to the media blitz.

The only way Pat survives is if all of his other players back him up. I think Gundy survived because his players actually like him deep down and Chubba's attack didn't result in a team meltdown.

I support Chambers. Twitter has opened Pandora's box, all of a sudden 18 years olds have more power than their coaches. I'm sure there are some legitimate situations, but this could really get dicey for college sports. One disgruntled player can blast out on Twitter something nefarious and in this climate, an ember turns into an inferno. A rush to judgement which could cost people their jobs or tarnish programs. Or even worse it could be used as weapon if someone doesn't agree with something.

I'm a bit confused. In this current social environment, aren't we supposed to judge people on their mistakes or worst sin? Why would we want to retain a man who has contributed so much to the university. Hasn't he committed a sin? Aren't we removing statues of men for the same reason? Help me out here.

Penn State basketball ain't a church and Chambers is an employee. The determination of whether he continues to be employed should be based on whether he is viable as a Head Coach. This is why Barbour gets paid the big bucks.

If he has no history of bad behavior in this area can’t he be given the benefit of the doubt or is it the death penalty immediately. Look at Iowa - I don’t see them running Ferentz out of town and it seems it’s way worse goings on out there - maybe nobody cares because hey it’s Iowa.

Did we really need another thread for this? Can't we just pin a thread at the top titled; Angry old white guys and the things that make them angry.

Listen up buttercups. You best find a way to deal with the root of your problems, a waning influence on society. 2019 was the year that milennials officially became the most populous generation. Boomers have officially begun their great die off and, their political power will weaken more every year. Your wilfull ignorance will no longer be tolerated. No one is obligated to answer your wide eyed feigned innocent questions on racism. The information is widely available. Do your own research.
Haha. What a complete asshole. Congratulations, you’ve reached the rarified air (for me) of ignores poster. Typical “open minded” person who discounts views of an entire generation and race because they disagree with his own.

1) Yep
2) By not supporting Chambers you are supporting him being fired.
3) Based on many observations, I called it the way it is. Although, you already knew this.
1) You said "Bolton should have went (sic) to his coach to discuss it." I simply pointed out that this is exactly what he did.
2) I'm not going to support someone I don't know just because he/she is a PSU coach. I will, however, defend those who I believe have been unfairly castigated such as Joe, CSS and PSU alums. There's clearly more to this story than has become public.
3) Huh? You basically called me a dick for absolutely no reason.

Penn State basketball ain't a church and Chambers is an employee. The determination of whether he continues to be employed should be based on whether he is viable as a Head Coach. This is why Barbour gets paid the big bucks.
Oh ok...so no judgement will be conducted here. Got it.

1) You said "Bolton should have went (sic) to his coach to discuss it." I simply pointed out that this is exactly what he did.
2) I'm not going to support someone I don't know just because he/she is a PSU coach. I will, however, defend those who I believe have been unfairly castigated such as Joe, CSS and PSU alums. There's clearly more to this story than has become public.
3) Huh? You basically called me a dick for absolutely no reason.
1) Now you are just making stuff up and lying!
2) Of course you suspect more to story in order to support your racist views.
3) Again, I call them as I see them based on many observations (see my bolded reply to 1 as one example of many).

If he has no history of bad behavior in this area can’t he be given the benefit of the doubt or is it the death penalty immediately. Look at Iowa - I don’t see them running Ferentz out of town and it seems it’s way worse goings on out there - maybe nobody cares because hey it’s Iowa.
Benefit of the doubt regarding anything at Penn State disappeared in 2011.

If Chambers is fired over this it will be a very dark day for PSU sports.

LdN

3) Again, I call them as I see them based on many observations (see my bolded reply to 1 as one example of many).

You should avoid trying to make logical arguments with this poster.

Waste of time.

LdN

This is the way it is in today’s world whether you like it or not, probably should be fired

Thanks for the entertainment. I guess I’m mature enough not to lower myself to name calling like you have done. The fact that you have been sucked into these generational marketing terms makes me laugh. If you really think when you were born makes you more wise or powerful you are in for a big surprise in your life. The dependency exhibited by your generation has proven you are far less ready to wipe your own ass let alone run the world. Frankly, I’m far more impressed with the generation that follows yours, whatever the marketers call them than yours. They will be running you out soon. Now go back to your mommy’s basement and maybe she will make you a snacky and some kool aid.

Ah, I figured out what happened here. I originally replied to the Spinmeister, you commented, and I replied to you thinking I was replying to him. Things went downhill from there since I have a feeling we're talking about different things.

Even so, what did I possibly say that moved you to call me a racist?

Have we not learned anything from 2011?

What are you talking about? What is discussed on this board will have no bearing on Chambers's fate, just as it did not on Joe's. If you're asking whether PSU's learned anything from 2011, the answer is a resounding no.

ADVERTISEMENT