ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL IGT: ILL @ PSU MBB

So who do we want on Thursday? Think I’d rather Wisconsin beat OSU today so that we can get Minnesota.

So who do we want on Thursday? Think I’d rather Wisconsin beat OSU today so that we can get Minnesota.
OSU without Wesson is much easier to beat.

Probably will be Minny since Wesson isn't playing today.

OSU without Wesson is much easier to beat.

Probably will be Minny since Wesson isn't playing today.
They are playing the Wesson situation close to the vest. I'd prefer Minnesota if Wesson is playing (plus it means OSU would have some momentum coming off a win over Wisconsin). But, without him, I probably agree with you.

Plenty of scenarios. There's no rule saying that you have to be .500.
I didn’t say there was. I’m saying I don’t see it happening at 16-18 whatsoever. I guess I could see a small chance of it happening at 17-18.

I didn’t say there was. I’m saying I don’t see it happening at 16-18 whatsoever. I guess I could see a small chance of it happening at 17-18.
Our analytics are staggering... Top 40 kenpom, 6th in the B10 in most of them. This is the stuff that matters for selections now. Beat Minne and I would be surprised if the NIT doesn't take us.. beat PU and we would pretty much be a lock , IMO

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Our analytics are staggering... Top 40 kenpom, 6th in the B10 in most of them. This is the stuff that matters for selections now. Beat Minne and I would be surprised if the NIT doesn't take us.. beat PU and we would pretty much be a lock , IMO
The NIT has never taken a team with a losing record. Far from a “lock” at 16-18, especially with #1 seeds falling left and right the past two days.

Reactions: Nitty_Lion
Yeah that’s nice and all that. Bob’s rankings and steve’s Ranking and ken’s rankings. Whatever. 16-18 is still 16-18 no matter how you slice it. We have a few rough losses on our resumé and way too many overall losses.

Yeah that’s nice and all that. Bob’s rankings and steve’s Ranking and ken’s rankings. Whatever. 16-18 is still 16-18 no matter how you slice it. We have a few rough losses on our resumé and way too many overall losses.
The advanced metrics are the criteria for selections... Go ahead and disregard them, but they are how teams are chosen Our worst loss was to a now NCAAT team (Bradley). We do not have any quad 4 losses, so no bad bad losses

The NIT has never taken a team with a losing record. Far from a “lock” at 16-18, especially with #1 seeds falling left and right the past two days.
And the NIT has not had a case like us. All of the metrics put us 6 or 7 in the B10, last tears champs... HUGE NYC draw (look at past attendance figures... The championship game with us both times are about double of other years... Money talks).

#3 SOS. You are supposed to be rewarded for playing ppl. We could have easily padded our record with a few more cupcakes and finished over .500. beat PU and we will have 6(?) Quad 1 victories.

Beat PU and we are practically a lock

But the thing is, if the NIT broke their tradition and took a sub-.500 team, nobody would notice or care. So they may as well do it.

But the thing is, if the NIT broke their tradition and took a sub-.500 team, nobody would notice or care. So they may as well do it.
I agree that they “might” do it and take us. But thinking that it’s a “lock” at 16-18 is crazy.

The advanced metrics are the criteria for selections... Go ahead and disregard them, but they are how teams are chosen Our worst loss was to a now NCAAT team (Bradley). We do not have any quad 4 losses, so no bad bad losses
We have 17 losses. Period. Nobody cares about 17 “good losses”

And the NIT has not had a case like us. All of the metrics put us 6 or 7 in the B10, last tears champs... HUGE NYC draw (look at past attendance figures... The championship game with us both times are about double of other years... Money talks).

#3 SOS. You are supposed to be rewarded for playing ppl. We could have easily padded our record with a few more cupcakes and finished over .500. beat PU and we will have 6(?) Quad 1 victories.

Beat PU and we are practically a lock
....we lost to DePaul and Bradley. We lost what like 13 games in the B1G. Not gonna happen. You’re delusional.

No team with a losing record has ever had the analytics that we do.

....we lost to DePaul and Bradley. We lost what like 13 games in the B1G. Not gonna happen. You’re delusional.

You mean the Bradley team that just won the Missouri Valley Championship to lock up a bid to the NCAAs. That loss doesn't quite so bad after all.

No team with a losing record has ever had the analytics that we do.
Sure, which is why we’d have a chance. But I certainly wouldn’t classify us as a “lock” with a win on Friday (or even Saturday, for that matter).

You mean the Bradley team that just won the Missouri Valley Championship to lock up a bid to the NCAAs. That loss doesn't quite so bad after all.
We have 3 good wins total, according to RPI. Three top 25 wins. Our 4th best RPI win is #95 Colgate. Too many missed opportunities in the first half of the schedule.

There’s a million different things to look at. First and foremost, I look at 13-17.
Do you also look at “record when we wear pink and black”? It’s just as meaningful as RPI today. (And FYI, at least look at our record today if that’s foremost).

Do you also look at “record when we wear pink and black”? It’s just as meaningful as RPI today. (And FYI, at least look at our record today if that’s foremost).
We did not beat good teams outside those 3. Period. I don’t care how much your ken guy loves Nebraska or whatever.

We have 3 good wins total, according to RPI. Three top 25 wins. Our 4th best RPI win is #95 Colgate. Too many missed opportunities in the first half of the schedule.
My opinion influences our selection the same amount as the RPI does. True story

We actually have 7 wins that are Quad 1 or Quad 2 which counts as good wins.
7 “quad 1” wins, okay. Maryland Michigan VT. You want to go pounding your chest over beating a 14-16 rutgers? 11-20 Illinois? 16-15 Nebraska? Give me a break

I'm shocked that "Mr. RPI" can't see the difference in beating teams at home vs. on the road (or the depth of the Big Ten this year).

7 “quad 1” wins, okay. Maryland Michigan VT. You want to go pounding your chest over beating a 14-16 rutgers? 11-20 Illinois? 16-15 Nebraska? Give me a break

A) I said Quad 1 or Quad 2. I know you can read.

B) Good wins are Quad 1 and Quad 2 by the NCAA's standard not mine. Sorry if you don't like it. I understand you don't like those teams by their records but we beat all 3 of those teams (including 2 on the road). In addition their rankings:

Nebraska - 45 (KenPom) / 52 (NET)
Rutgers - 77 (KenPom) / 101 (NET)
Illinois - 78 (KenPom) / 108 (NET)

So according to KenPom we've beat 3 Top 80 teams and according to the NET rankings we beat 3 teams in the top 1/3 of all of college basketball. Maybe the conference is a tad stronger than you'd like to think even with the records of certain teams.

P.S. You realize we're a Quad 1 win for other teams too right even though we're 14-17?

We're 39th in KenPom and 49th in NET. At 14-17.

Reactions: francofan

B) Good wins are Quad 1 and Quad 2 by the NCAA's standard not mine. Sorry if you don't like it. I understand you don't like those teams by their records but we beat all 3 of those teams (including 2 on the road). In addition their rankings:

So according to KenPom we've beat 3 Top 80 teams and according to the NET rankings we beat 3 teams in the top 1/3 of all of college basketball. Maybe the conference is a tad stronger than you'd like to think even with the records of certain teams.

P.S. You realize we're a Quad 1 win for other teams too right even though we're 14-17?

Please don't confuse the trools with facts. They can't/won't process the information.

I don’t care what some analytics say. We should not be puffing our chest out over beating the literal 11, 12, and 13 seed teams in the 14 team big ten. They are in no way (don’t give a f about analytics) “good” wins. They are wins.

I don’t care what some analytics say. We should not be puffing our chest out over beating the literal 11, 12, and 13 seed teams in the 14 team big ten. They are in no way (don’t give a f about analytics) “good” wins. They are wins.
Keep giving a F about the RPI then. We’ll spend time keeping an eye on metrics that the NCAA actually uses in 2019.

Keep giving a F about the RPI then. We’ll spend time keeping an eye on metrics that the NCAA actually uses in 2019.
I’m not talking about RPI genius. I’m talking about big ten standings. 11. 12. 13. Seems like critical thinking isn’t your thing.

You don't have to care about them .You have no vote. The committee will/does care about them and they have the votes.

Keep thumping your chest about what you think is a good win. We are just using the criteria of the selection committee on what they think is a good win.

ADVERTISEMENT