ADVERTISEMENT

Official Graham Spanier trial thread.

I'm inclined to believe that Joe was right when he told MM that Old Main screwed up. I don't believe for one minute that there was any conspiracy or cover-up, or that there was any criminal intent.

But they did screw up, by not making sure that MM reported directly to the proper authorities by doing so themselves.
And not sticking to their original decision or plan. Sounds like Spanier and Schultz left it up to Curley.

So if Curley & Schultz didn't plea to a misdemeanor would the jury not done so? Anyone involved with the TSM and child services must be taking a big sigh of relief. Lubert is smiling that he did the right thing in settling with the "victims." Corbett is raising a glass of Champaign and having a good laugh. Freeh, while not a conspiracy, is feeling good that the three are guilty of something. MM waiting to cash his cheque and no need to feel guilty if they don't do jail time. Old guard BOT gets to crow that they did the right thing. Joyner made out like a bandit and probably doesn't realize how much he screwed up or doesn't care cause he's got his pension. The losers, CS&S, Paterno, and PSU alumni. In other words, not much has changed.
Freeh isn't off the hook. IMO, the not guilty verdict in regards to conspiracy strengthen Spaniers civil case.

BOT can't say that they did the right thing due to fact that they paid millions of dollars on a report that was proven wrong in a court of law.

Reactions: PSU_1991
So if Curley & Schultz didn't plea to a misdemeanor would the jury not done so? Anyone involved with the TSM and child services must be taking a big sigh of relief. Lubert is smiling that he did the right thing in settling with the "victims." Corbett is raising a glass of Champaign and having a good laugh. Freeh, while not a conspiracy, is feeling good that the three are guilty of something. MM waiting to cash his cheque and no need to feel guilty if they don't do jail time. Old guard BOT gets to crow that they did the right thing. Joyner made out like a bandit and probably doesn't realize how much he screwed up or doesn't care cause he's got his pension. The losers, CS&S, Paterno, and PSU alumni. In other words, not much has changed.
that is an accurate summary, I believe

The scarlet letter has been made permanent. This conviction guarantees that this university will be forever tied to the abuse of children.
Silver is appealing it. And the statute of limitations is 2 years for that offense.

They had to be unanimous to find guilty

Yeah, they also had to be unanimous to find Spanier not guilty on the conspiracy count. So now you can declare a righteous, hard-fought victory over evil and corruption. I hope the three misdemeanor charges have made you happy. Perhaps you can do us all a huge favor now by returning to The Daily Kos, writing about your big win, condemning all the misguided souls in Happy Valley for not caring enough about the poor children like Aaron and Matt. BTW, go screw yourself, you miserable, ignorant c*#t.

6 years. 3 misdemeanors. No felonies. No cover-up/conspiracy. And the only reasons for the misdemeanor charges are 2 plea deals and a jury pool that was tainted by the media attention and/or driven by emotion such that they felt they had to find some level of guilt.

It's amazing that anyone would be happy that three people were found guilty of crimes they didn't commit by a corrupt legal system that fails to protect children.

It's amusing to see the idiot Shuttlesworth conversing with "heslef" as DiMorphio, Oruszlans, and "Mitch Kumstain".

What a jackoff from Pitt.

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
I have no idea. Maybe somewhere from 2004-2008. I'm reasonably sure it was before McQueary was married, if that pins it down at all. It happened at the Adam's Apple at the Tavern around when, I believe, Mike was dating his future wife who was a waitress there. So, whatever year he got married it would have been maybe a year before that.

Thanks.

This is what is fascinating. Courtney's explanation of the shower incident and Allan Meyer's explanation of the shower incident are almost identical with respect to the horseplay and "sliding around in the showers" and "sliding around on the floor".

Unless Courtney knew Allen Meyers in 2001, he could have only gotten that account of the shower incident from Schultz's understanding of McQueary's Report. The chances of Courtney and Allan Meyers coming up with the same story 10 years apart is beyond mind boggling.

Maybe you were right in 2004/2008. Maybe Mike DID have a grudge against Jerry going back to his playing days, and used this grudge as an an excuse to get on Joe's good side when Kenny Jackson left for the Steelers.

Who knows? Sorry. But something just doesn't add up here.

In baseball terms, the OAG has a batting average of .125. Back to the minor leagues for them. The most amazing thing is how not making just one more friggin phone call has wreaked carnage in this entire situation. If that was done, even if the report was not accepted, then the monkey was on someone else's back. I always go back to the issue of an old adult male showering with a kid at 10 o'clock pm. Where is that typical behavior? That coupled with the 98 info should have set off bells and whistles. It was an exercise in not having enough experience or solid policy to have a specific response in place. Ultimately, the guys who were responsible for handling it were the ones who paid a cost in the end.

Reactions: dshumbero
In baseball terms, the OAG has a batting average of .125. Back to the minor leagues for them. The most amazing thing is how not making just one more friggin phone call has wreaked carnage in this entire situation. If that was done, even if the report was not accepted, then the monkey was on someone else's back. I always go back to the issue of an old adult male showering with a kid at 10 o'clock pm. Where is that typical behavior? That coupled with the 98 info should have set off bells and whistles. It was an exercise in not having enough experience or solid policy to have a specific response in place. Ultimately, the guys who were responsible for handling it were the ones who paid a cost in the end.

When is sentencing for jack raykovitz?

Does anybody have the time, patience, or knowledge to list all charges made against each of Curley, Schultz, and Spanier, and the disposition of those charges (dismissed by judge, dropped, guilty plea, not guilty verdict, guilty verdict)? If so, much appreciated.

If you take one minute and look at it from the point of view of the brave young men who stood in open court and testified against their abuser - this is what they see:

Sandusky - Guilty
Spanier - Guilty
Curley - Guilty
Schultz - Guilty

And while there is no TRUE justice for a crime that lasts forever - this is at least validation for these young men and their families...and that is all that matters to me.

This will be my last post on this board. Thank you for allowing me to post here.
Roxine

Reactions: pnnnnnnnnylion

If you take one minute and look at it from the point of view of the brave young men who stood in open court and testified against their abuser - this is what they see:

Sandusky - Guilty
Spanier - Guilty
Curley - Guilty
Schultz - Guilty

And while there is no TRUE justice for a crime that lasts forever - this is at least validation for these young men and their families...and that is all that matters to me.

This will be my last post on this board. Thank you for allowing me to post here.
Roxine
Please file your tax returns, you obsessed fraud.

Sandusky - Guilty
Spanier - Guilty
Curley - Guilty
Schultz - Guilty

Roxine
What they see is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ due to fiscal malefeasance on Penn State's part.
I'll look forward to not seeing you back here.

l-have-been-trying-to-get-on-jury-duty-every-2874996.png

Sandusky - Guilty
Spanier - Guilty
Curley - Guilty
Schultz - Guilty

Roxine

And none of this "justice" has done one damned thing to actually fix or call attention to the failures of JR, TSM, CYS, OAG and the broken child welfare system in PA.

You got your scalps and now you can move on. Good riddance. Well still be here fighting for real justice and reform.

And none of this "justice" has done one damned thing to actually fix or call attention to the failures of JR, TSM, CYS, OAG and the broken child welfare system in PA.

You got your scalps and now you can move on. Good riddance. Well still be here fighting for real justice and reform.

she's going back to "Clarskburg" with her head held high!!

Of course, she doesn't even care that she has the wrong scalps--scalps of innocent people.

Spanier - Innocent, Innocent, Innocent, Innocent, Guilty (Soon to overturned via appeal)
Curley - Innocent, Innocent, Innocent, Innocent, Guilty
Schultz - Innocent, Innocent, Innocent, Innocent, Guilty

Roxine

Fixed it for you, you forgot all the felonies that they were innocent of. You only mentioned the 3 parking tickets that millions of dollars were wasted on. Money that could have been spent going after those who truly failed the victims, not on this witch hunt. Of course if you truly cared about the victims, you would realize this.

The problem is that GSpan did supervise children. Many Freshmen are 17 and some are even as young as 14. Of course there are many other events & things, as well as just guests & visitors to the campus where younger children are there. There is a day care onsite. He obviously, was ultimately in a supervisory role over all of that.

There's a huge grey area of interpretation that the jury must wade through. But the word "supervisory" and the definition offered by the judge makes at least that point quite clear.
The problem is, he did not supervise SECOND MILE's children.

I wonder how many posts she has on the MSU rivals board now that she's gone from here?

Gonna go out on a limb here an guess some where between zero and.............................................................................................................................................................0

Unless of course she finds a way to make it about Joe then...

So you believe McQueary when he says that Joe Paterno asked him later if he was ok, and he said yes, but you don't believe McQueary when he says he told Joe Paterno, Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz that what he saw was "over the line." "wrong," with Paterno (out of respect didn't use sexual terminology like sodomy or intercourse) but that Joe understood what he was saying, and "extremely sexual" with Curley and Schultz. That they understood it to be sexual?
Mike McQueary NEVER included Joe Paterno in that group description. Not this trial, and not in any other testimony. You have an unhealthy Joe Paterno obsession Roxine.

BTW, has your investigation of Arrow of Maryland been completed yet? Do they use Friend Fitness or any other questionable practices transferred from Second Mile? Nellie is anxious to know if kids are safe in your state.

Last edited:
The problem is, he did not supervise SECOND MILE's children.

I agree with you, actually here (Shocking). His lawyers failed him because at the very least they could have had someone speak to this exact point on the stand. But they didn't and I think that's ultimately why Gspan lost the case.

Agree, the double standard here with some off is off the charts. Look at the reaction a few have when you say Joe did know of the 98 investigation. Not that he knew of all the details, but saying he was aware...and people freaked out over it. Hell some here were/are trying to deny it. No anger there with a few though as one can do no wrong and the other is the devil. It makes for a real objective discussion if you simply block out what you don't like to hear.
Nobody here who has bothered to train on how suspected CSA investigations follow a protocol is overreacting. There are levels of detail in 98 that only Schultz (and HARMON <- I know he was Chief in '01 but was he in '98 or was it someone else? ) knew about because that's what is required. Joe was in the category of least "need to know" as was Spanier, and Tim as direct supervisor was in the middle of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Nobody here who has bothered to train on how suspected CSA investigations follow a protocol is overreacting. There are levels of detail in 98 that only Schultz (and HARMON) knew about because that's what is required. Joe was in the category of least "need to know" as was Spanier, and Tim as direct supervisor was in the middle of the spectrum.

Another situation where Gspan's defense team could have put someone on the stand to make that legal point.

Update - on recess

The AP, Patriot-News & the Inquirer asked the Judge to release the names of the jurors.

He said he'd have an answer for them later on today

Did they ever receive an answer?

Jack Stripling of the fake Chronicle fairy tale version of this trial said something about the judge checking out of his hotel before the jury came in ready, as in to leave town right away and that's why he (Jack) knew the verdict or some other such nonsense.

I will never again trust an article from the Chronicle of "Higher Education" because I found out this week they hire people to write nonsense who obviously have only a "Lower Education".

BTW I don't believe one word that Jack Stripling tweeted OR wrote. It was more like he spent all his time trying to cozy up to anonymous "Harrisburg sources" and little to ZERO time in the courtroom. I seriously think he mailed his reports in.

Last edited:
For a high profile public case, a judge releasing the names of the jurors is in essence tainting the jury.
They requested it for AFTER the verdict, silly! ;)

If I were Boccabella I'd say NO. From the questions the jury were asking at the time, he already knew there would be an appeal. Why ruin these peoples' lives if there's a distinct possibility a guilty decision would be overturned?

Another situation where Gspan's defense team could have put someone on the stand to make that legal point.
We rarely agree, but I thought it was a poor idea to not put on a defense that included mentioning the 2001 reporting law and whose responsibility it was, particularly referencing Raykovitz' testimony. He could not argue the Judge's earlie Ex Post Facto allowance or he would have been admonished and then made to look not believable.

Some that were in the courtroom thought it was VERY effective after the over-the-top theatrics, gyrations, cartwheels, and handsprings Iron Woman Ditka and Patrick Schulte performed in their irrelevant 3-ring circus display.

Silver stood there and read the statements from each PROSECUTION witness that made his case for him.

ADVERTISEMENT