ADVERTISEMENT

Official Blue-White Game Thread

I watched the first part. Parsons just didn’t look like a linebacker to me, which is understandable because he hasn’t been one before. Looked stiff and like he was thinking an awful lot. Looking forward to him progressing.

Ha! Parsons had 8 tackles in his debut which according to the CDT was twice as many as anyone else on Blue.

Ha! Parsons had 8 tackles in his debut which according to the CDT was twice as many as anyone else on Blue.

The comments about "winded" makes me wonder....we always hear about kids who are killing it in the weight room. But we never hear about the kids who have improved their cardio/endurance. In the 4th quarter, isn't that more important than an extra rep on bench press?

The comments about "winded" makes me wonder....we always hear about kids who are killing it in the weight room. But we never hear about the kids who have improved their cardio/endurance. In the 4th quarter, isn't that more important than an extra rep on bench press?
Maybe not "more," but "just as."

And they are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I agree with the comment about #69, C.J. Thorpe. He looks very overweight.

It's not his voice, it's the words he says.

What's up with his deuchbaggery? He rags on the special needs girl for spiking the ball before she got to the end zone, apparently thinking he was being very witty, then he makes a snarky remark about Sean Clifford breaking his hand. Something along the lines of wondering if he has weak bones in his hand. I really wish he'd go to the MWC for the rest of his broadcasting career.
I agree. I cannot stomach the guy any longer. He threw JoePa under the bus, years ago; and does not talk about the school in a positive light, as much as I think he should. I couldn't care less about the man, and think that he doesn't promote the school much at all.

This former Maryland defensive back sat in front of us today with his family. Does anybody know the connection?

@Art

Last edited:
Did anyone notice that in the last couple drives of the game they had Menet at C, with McGovern at RG, and Zach Simpson at LG?

A few observations:

Yetur Gross Matos - Was surprised to see him listed on the White team but didn't notice him in the game or on the sidelines at all.

D.J. Brown - was impressed with him. seemed to have tight coverage and good closing speed.

Zech McPherson - Very impressive. this team is very deep at corner.

Jake Zembiec - Im sure the Kid bleeds blue & white but I think it's a toss-up between Him & Shuster for 4th string QB

Mac Hippenhammer - Looks like a young Bobby Engram.

Cam Sullivan-Brown - all the buzz has been about Hamler but out of nowhere comes Sullivan-Brown to make some tough catches and look impressive. This is why I don't like when people downplay the importance of this game. I like to to see how guys play in game-type situations with an audience. Not everyone can carry over looking great in practice to the main stage

LB Position - loaded with young talent, but will probably take some lumps this year. Luketa looks like he'll be a great one with time and experience.

Defensive line - I think we'll see P.J. Mustipher get the green light

Offensive line - Good, not great yet. would've liked to see a bit more push there.

It's not his voice, it's the words he says.

What's up with his deuchbaggery? He rags on the special needs girl for spiking the ball before she got to the end zone, apparently thinking he was being very witty, then he makes a snarky remark about Sean Clifford breaking his hand. Something along the lines of wondering if he has weak bones in his hand. I really wish he'd go to the MWC for the rest of his broadcasting career.

Watching now and agree - I tried to take a step back because others here love him but that comment about the girl spikinkg the ball early was just dickish.

That aside, really impressed with Luketa, #14 McPherson, and Parsons is all over the place. Wade always around the ball too. I think Parsons will shine with more conditioning and experience and when he gets a chance to blitz. Not a fan of Trace running every other play when he can’t be hit.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Expectations are a little too high for Parsons--especially early on this year. He'll be great--just be patient
Thorpe's weight is fine...it just isn't all good weight--that should improve over time. I thought Thorpe showed great potential. Again, just need patience.
Millen has always been and always will be awful as a color commentator. He's always been a dick. Not sure people act surprised when we get what should be expected.

A few observations:

Yetur Gross Matos - Was surprised to see him listed on the White team but didn't notice him in the game or on the sidelines at all.

D.J. Brown - was impressed with him. seemed to have tight coverage and good closing speed.

Zech McPherson - Very impressive. this team is very deep at corner.

Jake Zembiec - Im sure the Kid bleeds blue & white but I think it's a toss-up between Him & Shuster for 4th string QB

Mac Hippenhammer - Looks like a young Bobby Engram.

Cam Sullivan-Brown - all the buzz has been about Hamler but out of nowhere comes Sullivan-Brown to make some tough catches and look impressive. This is why I don't like when people downplay the importance of this game. I like to to see how guys play in game-type situations with an audience. Not everyone can carry over looking great in practice to the main stage

LB Position - loaded with young talent, but will probably take some lumps this year. Luketa looks like he'll be a great one with time and experience.

Defensive line - I think we'll see P.J. Mustipher get the green light

Offensive line - Good, not great yet. would've liked to see a bit more push there.

Love the young WR’s on this team - will be really deep when JJ returns.

Watching now and agree - I tried to take a step back because others here love him but that comment about the girl spikinkg the ball early was just dickish.

That aside, really impressed with Luketa, #14 McPherson, and Parsons is all over the place. Wade always around the ball too. I think Parsons will shine with more conditioning and experience and when he gets a chance to blitz. Not a fan of Trace running every other play when he can’t be hit.
Wade stood out on D for white today.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Good points made above. Some non-expert views:

1. Faison-Walden looked fast blitzing from OLB

2. Secondary looked solid, even the Whites; DJ Brown and Zechariah M. seemed to cover the Blue WRs well

3, Brooks, Luketa, and Parsons showed great potential at LB. I don’t recall seeing #6 at all, but #9 started the game. Cooper was on crutches I think. Farmer didn’t play.

4. Backup DL looked ok. Hansard, Bolds, Tarburton could become forces with more experience. #49 and 42 didn’t show much. Simmons and Gross-Matos didn’t play (Shane in a boot).

5. Offensively, I was hoping to see more from #32. Sanders should be excellent, but the talent behind him appears weak. #8 has spurts, but I doubt he could be the main man at RB.

6. I was pleasantly surprised to see #81 do so well at WR, since I had not read much about how this spring. #1 and 12 have some speed and should fill in well in the rotation.

7. I couldn’t tell much about the TE slots, but none of them will make us forget Mike G. Of course, injuries to Bowers and Holland are factors here.

8. JF explained why Trace played so long and why Clifford looked a bit slow (hamstring). #7 showed why he is 4th team.

9. Smarter football guys than I will tell us about the OL, for I don’t know what I’m looking for other than no sacks and power on short runs. I thought everyone played though, so no new injuries to the OL.

10. Folks here tell us one won’t learn much from this game, but I was excited just to see the generic Blues and Whites on the field again after 3+ months.

Would be nice if the QBs simply wore red jerseys instead of wearing the Ds colors. Not sure the logic here.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

Good for him. I only watched the first half. Stats aside, I just didn’t see comfort there. I hope it emerges as his comfort In the position grows.

ADVERTISEMENT