ADVERTISEMENT

Official 120th US Open Thread

Great to see "Table For One" blow up on the back nine. So much for the rough when Wolff and Bryson make it look like the John Deere Classic. Tomorrow should be fun.

Yeah because Wolff only hit two fairways today and shot 65. Anything can happen.

I think the graphic said he’s only hit 12 fairways through 3 rounds.....the fewest ever through 3 rounds in US Open history was 20 by Furyk.

A M A Z I N G !

Reactions: zubrus1
I think the graphic said he’s only hit 12 fairways through 3 rounds.....the fewest ever through 3 rounds in US Open history was 20 by Furyk.

A M A Z I N G !
He was near last in driving accuracy . Sometimes even these guys can over power that thick stuff . Golf channel guys commented on Wolff’s swing being in the flat side. Until recently , it was the golden rule you had to be steep like Nicklaus to handle the rough .

Even with the Eagles playing tomorrow, my focus will be on the final round. Just think, the Ryder Cup was supposed to be next week. I have to like our team's chances the nest few years with all these young guns.

He was near last in driving accuracy . Sometimes even these guys can over power that thick stuff . Golf channel guys commented on Wolff’s swing being in the flat side. Until recently , it was the golden rule you had to be steep like Nicklaus to handle the rough .
Driving accuracy has gone the way of batting average. Guys use the strokes gained data and it clearly shows that the closer you are to the hole, regardless of what cut, the lower your expected score for the hole. So they all just smash it all the time

Reactions: katchthis
Bryson's playing a different game than everyone else. Anyone that doubted him sure isn't doubting him now.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Last guy on the range last night:

EiY5xriXsAAX5QJ

So I had no idea about this guy other than his body transformation (30 lbs?). I also knew his idea was to blast the ball and have a wedge, even if from the rough (which helps that nobody is bending over the heavy us open rough). He also had an awkward stiff arm stance, and a stiff wrist take away and had every one of his irons cut to be the same exact length. The guy is just different in every way. Quite a testament to him to chart his own path.

Reactions: katchthis
So I had no idea about this guy other than his body transformation (30 lbs?). I also knew his idea was to blast the ball and have a wedge, even if from the rough (which helps that nobody is bending over the heavy us open rough). He also had an awkward stiff arm stance, and a stiff wrist take away and had every one of his irons cut to be the same exact length. The guy is just different in every way. Quite a testament to him to chart his own path.
He hit driver/wedge into #9 (557 yards) and made the eagle putt. As someone with a really bad back, it hurt just a little more after watching that.

Reactions: Obliviax
Roids, just sating.
The braver we are the luckier we get. Bryson is certainly a brave man. He goes the bold uncharted course, instead of the safe route. One length clubs, one plane swing, muscle mass, and weight gain, graphite wedges, odd putter stroke. and he takes on all the doubters and sticks to his plan. Yeah it has to be roids, the PGA would never test him for that. (insert eye roll)

He hit driver/wedge into #9 (557 yards) and made the eagle putt. As someone with a really bad back, it hurt just a little more after watching that.
His strength on his drives is one thing but his ability to power through those wedge shots and rough is amazing and probably even more impressive

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Guess Bryson gave Nick Faldo and the other haters a little jab by keeping his wedges all the same length and with graphite shafts on his way to the win.

Would be much more interesting if DeChambeau (and several others.....including Reed) were made to play at an appropriate pace of play.

Reactions: Nitwit
Would be much more interesting if DeChambeau (and several others.....including Reed) were made to play at an appropriate pace of play.
What about Jack's POP ? JB Holmes is the worst. Bryson is certainly painful at times, especially on the greens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT