ADVERTISEMENT

obligatory: compaining about a rule when our guy loses

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
I'm not usually a guy that tries to make folkstyle more like free--but I gotta say, I like freestyle's rear-standing TD rules better. To me, a quad-pod should not be 2--it just doesn't seem like control. Much less this no-reaction, fingertips on the mat for a half a second stuff. I know our guys have benefited from this probably even more than they've fallen to it.

Can anyone explain the history of this rule to me? I feel like it's fairly new--what was the impetus?

In my blue tinted glasses, non-proven opinion, our guys have not benefitted more, it is the opposite. But we havent lost many bouts because of it. I agree, it is not control, but, my opinion means nothing of course.

I would also be interested in the reasoning of why the rule was made.

In my blue tinted glasses, non-proven opinion, our guys have not benefitted more, it is the opposite. But we havent lost many bouts because of it. I agree, it is not control, but, my opinion means nothing of course.

I would also be interested in the reasoning of why the rule was made.
I was thinking of at least 2 TDs Cenzo got on iMar when I said that, but I have no scientific count. I just know that our coaches are happy to score in any available ruleset, and adapt accordingly.

On the other side of the debate, Frank lost a Bronze Medal in the olympics because he couldn't get Chamizo's knee down.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT