Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'BWI / McAndrew Board' started by Mr. Potter, Sep 14, 2018.
1. For the first time in a long long long long long time, there is no weak spot on the O line.
2. Collectively they have taken a small step forward from last season. Finally we have a top 5 Big Ten O line.
3. 71 is looking very good at right tackle. Most improved lineman out there.
4. Still need improvement at both guards and at center, but...small steps.
5. 52 is not a true left tackle, BUT is a tough guy, and an asset, playing the position for the good of the team, and has not been bested yet. He CAN play 97 from Ohio St head up, which is what he WAS doing last year at the Shoe before he went down with that injury that just killed us.
Pitt's "strength" would be Ohio State's weakness.
Appy had a lot of blitzers coming in unblocked. Pitt didn't. I don't know if there were adjustments or Pitt's scheme just wasn't as good as Appy's. Probably a combination of both.
The 3-4 is a very tough defense to go against the first time out. Kent State runs the 3-4 just like App St does, so we may see a bit better blocking tomorrow.
Look for 24 to have a big day running off tackle.
I didn't jump off the ledge after the App State game. I'm not booking tickets to Indianapolis after the Pitt game. I want to see how Pitt does against Georgia Tech tomorrow. I want to see how OSU does against TCU tomorrow. I want to see four crisp quarters of football against Kent.
I've learned never to predict any particular player to go off with this offense. It takes what is there regardless of player or position. I will agree with you on Miles: He is getting better all the time, and he is our bread and butter right now. If Kent State gives us that, then we'll take that. I think we get a break with the weather too, so there will be diversity available to us.