ADVERTISEMENT

Now this is classic rock!!

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
Peter Frampton from Oakland Coliseum on 7-2-77, which happened to be my wife's 21st birthday. Unfortunately she wasn't there, and I was only 14....ha!

A couple highlights, the man at 11 minutes can also play the drums. Check out the chick at 15 minutes catching the tambourine. Lastly, Bobby Mayo was a hell of a keyboard player, RIP

Last edited:
Peter Frampton from Oakland Coliseum on 7-2-77, which happened to be my wife's 21st birthday. Unfortunately she wasn't there, and I was only 14....ha!

A couple highlights, the man at 11 minutes can also play the drums. Check out the chick at 15 minutes catching the tambourine. Lastly, Bobby Mayo was a hell of a keyboard player, RIP

Saw him with the Beach Boys and Gary Wright at Three Rivers in 1976 (ps...I saw Yes in the Civic Arena in 1974)

Reactions: Relayer
He still puts on an amazing show. I saw him in Lancaster a couple years ago and told my wife I'd go see him again and happily pay double.

Speaking of classic rock, I saw Robert Plant last night as he kicked off his U.S. tour in Raleigh. His voice is still great and his band kicked ass. He did five Zeppelin songs, but his newer stuff was just as good.

In the comment section someone mentioned that 3 weeks after the Frampton show, the 4 original members of Led Zeppelin played their last show ever in the US at the Oakland Coliseum. I remember Plant's son died of an illness and they cancelled the rest of the tour, including a date a JFK Stadium in August.

Glad you enjoyed the show, he's only playing a handful of dates on the east coast, no Philly shows. I saw the cheapest balcony tickets for the Beacon Theater on Wednesday are going for $265.

Saw him with the Beach Boys and Gary Wright at Three Rivers in 1976 (ps...I saw Yes in the Civic Arena in 1974)

Saw Frampton and Yes together back in '09. He still puts on a great show. Of course nothing will beat their 1976 show at JFK Stadium with 130,000 in attendance.

Yes-JFK.jpg

In the comment section someone mentioned that 3 weeks after the Frampton show, the 4 original members of Led Zeppelin played their last show ever in the US at the Oakland Coliseum. I remember Plant's son died of an illness and they cancelled the rest of the tour, including a date a JFK Stadium in August.

Glad you enjoyed the show, he's only playing a handful of dates on the east coast, no Philly shows. I saw the cheapest balcony tickets for the Beacon Theater on Wednesday are going for $265.

Saw Frampton and Yes together back in '09. He still puts on a great show. Of course nothing will beat their 1976 show at JFK Stadium with 130,000 in attendance.

Yes-JFK.jpg
We will be there Valentine’s Day. We have 4 tix none together. Got them when they went on sale. This will be my 5th time seeing Plant. This band he has now is phenomenal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT