ADVERTISEMENT

Now if you see something...say something - Louis Freeh

wensilver

Dec 9, 2012
So Riddle Me This Batman - whose to say that Schultz or Courtney never placed a call to ChildLine or CYS?

The irony in all this is just so thick. We've been shouting about the state of CPS for a number of years now - badgering PennLive John Micek to meet with us and discuss our concerns about the glaring problems with the "system" in our commonwealth.

Instead, he blew us off and went with the JoeBot Paternopologist football coverup narrative.
Discuss.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/0...=159d1a73fa87e6d723d87305bcf99c40#incart_2box

So Riddle Me This Batman - whose to say that Schultz or Courtney never placed a call to ChildLine or CYS?

The irony in all this is just so thick. We've been shouting about the state of CPS for a number of years now - badgering PennLive John Micek to meet with us and discuss our concerns about the glaring problems with the "system" in our commonwealth.

Instead, he blew us off and went with the JoeBot Paternopologist football coverup narrative.
Discuss.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/0...=159d1a73fa87e6d723d87305bcf99c40#incart_2box

I would like to discuss but your post has me confused. Could you please take the time to better explain your request?

Love your work, Wendy. Thanks.

Reactions: wensilver
I wager that Tom Harmon was expected to make the appropriate calls. His fable about how the conversation went with GS is beyond fiction for a career cop. I guess The Commonwealth has wrapped the guard all shield around him,
Empirical evidence clearly demonstrates that a call to any of the Commonwealth agencies entrusted with protecting children would have had zero results.

ChildLine was set up to fail. There is no way anyone can state that:

A. PSU administration did not place a call to ChildLine.
B. A call to ChildLine would have resulted in action.
C. All of the above.

So for all those out there that have been "I would have shouted from the mountaintops/rooftops" - they are full of shit.
For all we know, PSU did place a call to ChildLine as stated in testimony, and the professionals dropped the ball.

C. All of the above.

So for all those out there that have been "I would have shouted from the mountaintops/rooftops" - they are full of shit.
For all we know, PSU did place a call to ChildLine as stated in testimony, and the professionals dropped the ball.
Wendy, you're the best.

Lack of institutional controls, not being able to show did what should have been done or didn't do what shouldn't be done.

Lack of institutional controls, not being able to show did what should have been done or didn't do what shouldn't be done.

6.01 GENERAL PRINCIPLE
6.01.1 Institutional Control. The control and responsibility for the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be exercised by the institution itself and by the conference(s), if any, of which it is a member. Administrative control or faculty control, or a combination of the two, shall constitute institutional control.

Last edited:
Beware Wendy.

"artsandletters" is an Old Main employee trying to get you to engage.

None of us regulars should feed on or even respond to this chump's "chum".
Jeez, you are nuts. Where did you come up with this? I have been on the PSU main campus once, in 1971. I am on Wendy's team 100 percent. Either get off or on your meds. Too much chlorine in your blood, buddy.

Institutional abuse of power (going beyond their authority - NCAA) and Institutional misuse (lack of use of power when responsible to do so - BOT letting them) is what this is about.

The media has been worthless in all this. Calling people Joebots when all we ask is accountability and responsibility. This pathetic episode in journalistic history exposes the pathetic rush to hysteria and headlines common in our media in the overexposed media culture of our times. Never has their been a time nor set of circumstances when the 'less is more' principle applies. Due process and the poise necessary for it to exist don't stand a chance with the litter of a million media mongrels desperately clawing to expose that one sensational tit all before the others do.

C. All of the above.

You mean like what happened in 1998?

C. All of the above.

Two thoughts. First, the only problem with the above post is, someone from PSU is going to have to come forward and state that they placed a call to ChildLine. To date nobody has done that. I agree with you that if they do, there is no way to disprove it.
Second, a story to pass on. Several years ago, post-Sandusky, there was a radio talk show in Harrisburg hosted by a guy named Bob Durgin. An older woman called the show one day and said she used to work for DPW in the division that fielded calls about child abuse (presumably ChildLine). She said that it was common for the employees, at direction of their supervisor, to bury these reports against high profile people including priests. She strongly suggested that DPW would have received reports on Sandusky and done nothing. Now I must say the lady sounded like a crazy person who was easy to dismiss. But as more and more revelations come out about how things really worked at DPW, maybe the lady was right.

Two thoughts. First, the only problem with the above post is, someone from PSU is going to have to come forward and state that they placed a call to ChildLine. To date nobody has done that. I agree with you that if they do, there is no way to disprove it.
Second, a story to pass on. Several years ago, post-Sandusky, there was a radio talk show in Harrisburg hosted by a guy named Bob Durgin. An older woman called the show one day and said she used to work for DPW in the division that fielded calls about child abuse (presumably ChildLine). She said that it was common for the employees, at direction of their supervisor, to bury these reports against high profile people including priests. She strongly suggested that DPW would have received reports on Sandusky and done nothing. Now I must say the lady sounded like a crazy person who was easy to dismiss. But as more and more revelations come out about how things really worked at DPW, maybe the lady was right.

Well it sounds a lot like how the Mandatory Reporters at Central Mountain High School responded to the CSA reports of AF (and ultimately his mother) regarding Sandusky and The Second Mile, no???

Its not childline but both schultz and courtney stated under oath they thought CC CYS was contacted about the MM incident.

Its not childline but both schultz and courtney stated under oath they thought CC CYS was contacted about the MM incident.
I know, but saying they thought someone contacted the state is not the same as being able to produce someone to say "I called and made a report."

I know, but saying they thought someone contacted the state is not the same as being able to produce someone to say "I called and made a report."

True but that's the problem with having people testify about something from 10 yrs in the past.

All Sassano did was talk to two people (Lauro from DPW and a person from CCCYS who would have been a low level employee at the time in 2001) and since neither of them could personally remember a report re: JS being made he unequivocally determined that PSU never filed a report with CCCYS in 2001/2002.

This is total B.S....some solid investigation there Sassano!!

True but that's the problem with having people testify about something from 10 yrs in the past.

All Sassano did was talk to two people (Lauro from DPW and a person from CCCYS who would have been a low level employee at the time in 2001) and since neither of them could personally remember a report re: JS being made he unequivocally determined that PSU never filed a report with CCCYS in 2001/2002.

This is total B.S....some solid investigation there Sassano!!
Yep, completely agree with you and this is why, IMHO, it is dangerous to go down the road of eliminating a statute of limitations.

Reactions: WeR0206
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT