ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame getting special treatment again

RTLH

Nov 7, 2001
The New Years day games are the special ones.

Those bastards DO NOT deserve to be in the New Years 6.

The TV people and sponsors only care about $$$.

I hate those bastards.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Well, then this will really piss you off. The only reason ND is in the Citrus is that Wisconsin is in the Orange. And the Citrus pays $250K more than the Orange. So with their share of the CFP revenue distribution, ND will bank a cool $6.9mm, which is about $1.5mm more than PSU will get as its share of Big Ten bowl revenue. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah,:cool:

Well, then this will really piss you off. The only reason ND is in the Citrus is that Wisconsin is in the Orange. And the Citrus pays $250K more than the Orange. So with their share of the CFP revenue distribution, ND will bank a cool $6.9mm, which is about $1.5mm more than PSU will get as its share of Big Ten bowl revenue. Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah,:cool:
Not going to dispute that end with you.
But the exposure one gets on a New Years day game can't be measured in the immediate dollars and cents.

I hate those bastards.
Thoroughly shocking that people believe the bowls are about anything but money. We are attractive because our fans travel well and we get eyeballs for the TV people. Same as other schools but only better than most. What gets me about the uNDies is they keep all of their deutsche marks while everyone else shares.

Reactions: m48tank
Thoroughly shocking that people believe the bowls are about anything but money. We are attractive because our fans travel well and we get eyeballs for the TV people. Same as other schools but only better than most. What gets me about the uNDies is they keep all of their deutsche marks while everyone else shares.
See Arts post about how much more ND gets then my exposure reply

But the exposure one gets on a New Years day game can't be measured in the immediate dollars and cents.

Like ND, or PSU for that matter, needs exposure.

Reactions: Tri-Power65
Actually, ND can thank OSU. Wisky going to the Orange meant no B1G team would go to the Citrus.

Here is something to ponder: ND's athletic department actually funds educational endeavors, like scholarships for (non-athlete) undergraduates. How many other schools do that? Does PSU?

Reactions: wplion

I hate those bastards.
It's not about who deserves what, it's about who can bring in the $$$$.

I hope they never join a conference...that guarantees the fact that they will never make the playoff....screw ND

Between the low ratings this game is gonna get and the trouncing they will receive from LSU, I doubt the committee will make the same mistake next year, and probably won't have to. Football Jesus is on the way down again after a brief, albeit, appearance. I see another five year slide in the making. Kelly will not make it past next year. IMHO

Between the low ratings this game is gonna get and the trouncing they will receive from LSU, I doubt the committee will make the same mistake next year, and probably won't have to. Football Jesus is on the way down again after a brief, albeit, appearance. I see another five year slide in the making. Kelly will not make it past next year. IMHO

What committee? The CFP Selection Committee had nothing to do with ND being chosen by the Citrus (over the next best alternative, VaDreck). As for the Citrus Bowl organizing committee, doubt they'll have the opportunity to repeat the "mistake" since ND is occupying what is ordinarily a Big Ten slot.

We are in a New Years 6 Bowl (Rose, sugar, orange, fiesta, cotton and peach are the big dog bowls). The citrus bowl is not in the same tear as the NY 6 bowls. (Which rotate the playoffs). So no need to get upset about ND making the citrus bowl.

The Citrus Bowl is not on the same level as the New Years 6 games. It’s a step down, on the same level as the Outback. No issues with ND being there.

I'm sure you - and Glov and a few others - don't give a crap but the 2018 ND schedule might be the toughest in the country. For example, they play UM, USC, VT, Stanford, NW, and Fl St; the breathers are Ball St and Vandy.

Kelly is another in a long line of bad coaching hires and I don't think he has what it takes to survive next year.

I'm sure you - and Glov and a few others - don't give a crap but the 2018 ND schedule might be the toughest in the country. For example, they play UM, USC, VT, Stanford, NW, and Fl St; the breathers are Ball St and Vandy.

Kelly is another in a long line of bad coaching hires and I don't think he has what it takes to survive next year.
Yeah tons of home games but a strong schedule. Kudos to FSU for traveling north in November

There are, like 5 games that day. ND is one of three bowls that shares the same timeslot.

As part of Notre Dame's deal with the ACC, they play 5 ACC games per year. Florida State is one of those games, so no kudos need to be given to Florida State for agreeing to travel to South Bend in November (they had no input into this, it was part of the ACC scheduling) and ND has lno input as to when they play these games. I do think that there is an offsetting game at FSU as part of the agreement.
All that said, ND has a very good schedule each year, hard to argue that.

As part of Notre Dame's deal with the ACC, they play 5 ACC games per year. Florida State is one of those games, so no kudos need to be given to Florida State for agreeing to travel to South Bend in November (they had no input into this, it was part of the ACC scheduling) and ND has lno input as to when they play these games. I do think that there is an offsetting game at FSU as part of the agreement.
All that said, ND has a very good schedule each year, hard to argue that.

Surely you jest sir!

Reactions: Big Blue12

Oh I give a crap, knew that and ecstatic that it should produce a 6-6 or worse season for them. Take a look at our schedule next year and tell me its any easier.

What committee? The CFP Selection Committee had nothing to do with ND being chosen by the Citrus (over the next best alternative, VaDreck). As for the Citrus Bowl organizing committee, doubt they'll have the opportunity to repeat the "mistake" since ND is occupying what is ordinarily a Big Ten slot.

Never said the CFP did. Thanks for answering your own question so I don't have to. Department of Redundancy Department.

Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.

Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.

Screw ND.

And they made love to their horses!

:eek::D:eek:

Never said the CFP did. Thanks for answering your own question so I don't have to. Department of Redundancy Department.

You're welcome, Lack of Specificity Department.
Au contraire mon fraire. Nice try though.

So we are from the south of France, are we? Explains your problem communicating in English.
Not remotely but you just don't seem to get it. Can't say I didn't try. Please don't tell me you received your higher education from PSU, speaking rhetorically of course.

Time to move on.

Lame.

Not remotely but you just don't seem to get it. Can't say I didn't try. Please don't tell me you received your higher education from PSU, speaking rhetorically of course.

Time to move on.

No, but apparently you did, which doesn't say much for your alma mater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT