ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame & Covid reeking havoc among the football players Yoi!

TheGLOV

Gold Member
Notre Dame announces 18 positive COVID-19 tests, 25 players in isolation after latest outbreak

Notre Dame sent more players into isolation on Monday, just days after the program had suspended all football activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak.

The Irish announced on Monday that 18 players had tested positive in its latest round of coronavirus testing — which were conducted between Tuesday and Saturday.

[ Coronavirus: How the sports world is responding to the pandemic ]

Seven of those 18 players were already in quarantine after being “previously identified close contacts.” The program now has 25 total players in isolation and another 14 in quarantine related to contact tracing.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Notre Dame announces 18 positive COVID-19 tests, 25 players in isolation after latest outbreak

Notre Dame sent more players into isolation on Monday, just days after the program had suspended all football activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak.

The Irish announced on Monday that 18 players had tested positive in its latest round of coronavirus testing — which were conducted between Tuesday and Saturday.

Seven of those 18 players were already in quarantine after being “previously identified close contacts.” The program now has 25 total players in isolation and another 14 in quarantine related to contact tracing.

Yea I just saw that. Oh well at least the ACC was smart enough to start on time so the breaks and byes they worked into the system actually work. Looking at you B1G. :rolleyes:

Yea I just saw that. Oh well at least the ACC was smart enough to start on time so the breaks and byes they worked into the system actually work. Looking at you B1G. :rolleyes:

I thought the BIG could have started on time with 8 conference games that were separated by two weeks. If they had started Aug 28 and played every two weeks -all teams -then they would have 8 conf games with a two week break until the CCG.
6 division and two non division games.

Damn those sums a bitches from South Bend. Now the press is even hyping them as being the best at contracting COVID.

I hope none of them are in the hospital too long. Oh wait, none are in the hospital.
giphy.gif

I thought the BIG could have started on time with 8 conference games that were separated by two weeks. If they had started Aug 28 and played every two weeks -all teams -then they would have 8 conf games with a two week break until the CCG.
I predict nd will not play ... Clemson.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I hope none of them are in the hospital too long. Oh wait, none are in the hospital.

Is amusing how all of these "positive tests" in college and Pro sports are "asymptomatic" and worldwide statistics clearly demonstrate that they aren't at risk of anything (and history will show that precisely zero of these "positive tests" - and there are several hundred, if not into the thousands at this point - will ever even be sick, let alone go to the hospital or die as the alarmists want you to believe.). Just absurd how the age-based statistics, which are overwhelming at this point, are simply being ignored (these athletes are not at risk) and the press is now reporting positive cases as if we're all at risk of dying like the extremely elderly who make up the vast majority of the IFR (Infection Fatality Rate).

Research be damned - comical how little you have heard about "the slew of research" that confirms that the IFR is wholly made up of people 65+ years in age throughout the world from the left-leaning press here in the US.

Is amusing how all of these "positive tests" in college and Pro sports are "asymptomatic" and worldwide statistics clearly demonstrate that they aren't at risk of anything (and history will show that precisely zero of these "positive tests" - and there are several hundred, if not into the thousands at this point - will ever even be sick, let alone go to the hospital or die as the alarmists want you to believe.). Just absurd how the age-based statistics, which are overwhelming at this point, are simply being ignored (these athletes are not at risk) and the press is now reporting positive cases as if we're all at risk of dying like the extremely elderly who make up the vast majority of the IFR (Infection Fatality Rate).

Research be damned - comical how little you have heard about "the slew of research" that confirms that the IFR is wholly made up of people 65+ years in age throughout the world from the left-leaning press here in the US.
good to know that all coaches and staff are in the 18-24 year old age group where it's just the flu, because god knows their lives don't matter

good to know that all coaches and staff are in the 18-24 year old age group where it's just the flu, because god knows their lives don't matter
On Friday the CDC released the following survival rates if you get COVID. I'm thinking that this should inform policy and decisions.
Ages 0-19: 99.997%
Ages 20-49: 99.98%
Ages 50-69: 99.5%
Ages 70+: 94.6%

Yea it’s a death sentence for a very small percentage. Tough to policy in a way that makes sense to all. In PA the median age of victims was higher than life expectancy. But all lives matter right? No matter the collateral hard to measure damage that it is causing everyone else. Smh

son is in army and guy in his unit is +. He is sent home on quarantine for 14 days. He tests negative three days in but is still in quarantine. Per policy He will get a second test a few days before his 14 day is up. Right at the end, and after he spends 12 days cooped up. So much for the two consecutive negatives to return to work concept. I think this example speaks volumes of how unreliable the testing is - at least the army seems to think that way.

Good Lord, what a self-righteous a-hole... pretty clear you didn't even read the article as it clearly states that the IFR ("Infection Fatality Rate") is zero for the age groups north of 18-24 and that 99.999% of the overall IFR (i.e., death rate) is made up of the elderly age groups, age groups which only account for 15% of the population overall in the US. Not only that, but the overall IFR for the elderly age groups is 5% - 6% which accounts for effectively 100% of the overall IFR of 0.65% - 0.85% (if you understand math and statistics, you understand that these numbers check out as the elderly age groups contribution to overall IFR is equal to their average IFR times their weight (i.e., what percent of the population they make up)).

Reactions: bison13
Lives do matter. Did you believe that lives also didn't matter during the myriad of other illnesses and viruses that have killed many, many more people than this virus while we didn't shut down society and destroy people's lives?

Last night, Dr. Scott Atlas was on Laura Ingraham's show, and they discussed a current graph from the CDC that shows that hospitalizations now are at a rate that they were back in March before this insanity began. Also, and I've been thinking this for a while now, Dr. Atlas said that the number of cases are less important than the outcomes of those cases, and the stats show the outcome for almost anyone who contracts this who is not in a high risk group will be a good one.

Yea it’s a death sentence for a very small percentage. Tough to policy in a way that makes sense to all. In PA the median age of victims was higher than life expectancy. But all lives matter right? No matter the collateral hard to measure damage that it is causing everyone else. Smh

son is in army and guy in his unit is +. He is sent home on quarantine for 14 days. He tests negative three days in but is still in quarantine. Per policy He will get a second test a few days before his 14 day is up. Right at the end, and after he spends 12 days cooped up. So much for the two consecutive negatives to return to work concept. I think this example speaks volumes of how unreliable the testing is - at least the army seems to think that way.
I'm just looking at the math. There is one age group whose risk from the virus is significantly different than the others. Of course, that is the same age group that were forced to be in contact with the virus by public policy in PA and other places. Coincidentally, that same age group is the easiest to isolate without impacting the economy, businesses, school, sports, etc. In 2020, up is down.

The best thing about the virus is that it is not contagious. Only 18-24 year olds will get it. It will stay contained. Several states have shown this over the summer.

Seems to me that COVID is a death sentence for people who have already been given a death sentence from some other cause.

The best thing about the virus is that it is not contagious. Only 18-24 year olds will get it. It will stay contained. Several states have shown this over the summer.
Okay, if you feel that way, go to your 1950s-era bomb shelter and don't come out until no human being ever will be affected by an illness of any kind ever again. The human body was given an immune system for a reason, but some of you are afraid to put it to use.

Seems to me that COVID is a death sentence for people who have already been given a death sentence from some other cause.
That's pretty much what the stats say, but some people, for various reasons, just want to continue to destroy the lives of people who can function just fine under the current circumstances, albeit with precautions. It makes no sense at all.

This isn't February or March anymore. Unless this virus magically reinvents itself, we know what segments of the population must be protected, and what segments of the population can lead normal lives.

Just an observation that this board has a higher percentage of critical thinkers than other CFB message boards that I have seen, particularly the message boards of Pac 12 schools. Only in rare cases do we now see threads here from people who attempt to lionize a well-documented fraud like Michael Mann.

I'm also glad to see more and more people here are pushing back against the stupidity of shutting down society for COVID, instead of protecting our most vulnerable and allowing the remainder of society to function normally. Imagine what would have happened to society if COVID were actually something serious.

If you believe they're not dead, you are delusional. People who post here that profess to know more than medical professionals who formulate policy.... certainly aren't delusional, are they?
Based on all of my analysis of this matter and listening to a multitude of authorities on the subject, I do not believe that every single one of those deaths that have been attributed to the virus were directly caused by it. There have been way too many cases in which somebody died directly from another cause but the cause of death was listed as the virus just because that person may have it.

What you are forgetting is that your plan actually makes sense.

Just an observation that this board has a higher percentage of critical thinkers than other CFB message boards that I have seen, particularly the message boards of Pac 12 schools. Only in rare cases do we now see threads here from people who attempt to lionize a well-documented fraud like Michael Mann.

I'm also glad to see more and more people here are pushing back against the stupidity of shutting down society for COVID, instead of protecting our most vulnerable and allowing the remainder of society to function normally. Imagine what would have happened to society if COVID were actually something serious.
If by "critical thinkers" you mean wind bags, Wisenheimers, pseudo intellectuals etc. Bingo. Wait till the Nittany Lions kick off. Our critical thinkers also know how to coach.

Based on all of my analysis of this matter and listening to a multitude of authorities on the subject, I do not believe that every single one of those deaths that have been attributed to the virus were directly caused by it. There have been way too many cases in which somebody died directly from another cause but the cause of death was listed as the virus just because that person may have it.
This is a very interesting analysis of the nearly 180,000 rows of data from the CDC that details all of the COVID death comorbidities. Took a PMP certified guy to sift through and reorganize the bins to make any sense of the data. Apparently 6% of COVID deaths have been coded COVID only. What I find interesting is the nearly 5400 COVID deaths in the intentional or unintentional accident category (you know the automobile accident COVID deaths and the like). Anyway, take a look. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/john...fMnc78YVb11MnNu8P4SS_VMXyiLKqoYggK2zWA6ebjWr8

Although I'm impressed with your "analysis" and your propensity to listen to a "multitude of authorities," every single death is incurable.

This is a very interesting analysis of the nearly 180,000 rows of data from the CDC that details all of the COVID death comorbidities. Took a PMP certified guy to sift through and reorganize the bins to make any sense of the data. Apparently 6% of COVID deaths have been coded COVID only. What I find interesting is the nearly 5400 COVID deaths in the intentional or unintentional accident category (you know the automobile accident COVID deaths and the like). Anyway, take a look. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/john...fMnc78YVb11MnNu8P4SS_VMXyiLKqoYggK2zWA6ebjWr8
This is not surprising at all, and confirms what I've believed for several months. The numbers have been skewed all along to make this matter, which is serious, seem to be worse that it really is.

Why is it that seeming every near terminal person gets Covid? We are all terminal but those who are already very vulnerable seem to get it. Is it just a statistical anomaly, or are they in environments where they are more susceptible? Makes you think there are way more asymptomatic cases out there in the healthy population and those that are near terminal are just overwhelmed. Those people on the basis of their already weakened condition can’t fight off anything.

I'm also glad to see more and more people here are pushing back against the stupidity of shutting down society for COVID, instead of protecting our most vulnerable and allowing the remainder of society to function normally.
I've heard this discussed here a lot. Please lay out your entire plan on how to protect the most vulnerable until a reliable vaccine is available. It must be a very easy plan if it's discussed so much.

I've heard this discussed here a lot. Please lay out your entire plan on how to protect the most vulnerable until a reliable vaccine is available. It must be a very easy plan if it's discussed so much.
Well there are around 350 million people living in this country. Someone surly must have a plan that would be effective. Because from what I’m able to see none of the idiots running the country, or the idiots that want to run the country appear to have one. Bye the way don’t look at me for an answer, I just live here.

Well there are around 350 million people living in this country. Someone surly must have a plan that would be effective. Because from what I’m able to see none of the idiots running the country, or the idiots that want to run the country appear to have one.
The idiots running the country and those who wish to run the country are surrounded by other idiots who reside in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT