ADVERTISEMENT

Noteworthy Results and Goldfish Games - Week of Jan 3

Did anyone notice that when the ref was raising Grandpa"s left hand in the air, he appeard to put the brakes on so the ref did not raise his hand much higher than half way. It is likely nothing, but that is his bad shoulder. It could be that his comfortable range of motion is not much higher.
NOTE: This is pure speculation on my part and my part alone.
Nope it's definitely messed up he made sure to not raise it.

In all honesty I do like most of the Iowa posters that frequent here. It balances us a bit, keeps us in check and makes me appreciate our team.
cue the inspirational song..
Most (but not all) that post here seem to have good intentions. At least the regulars anyway.

Didn't the Iowa-apologist tell us that Brennan Swafford would be making the start a
@174 today???
Good call! #266. Said he’d be back to admit he was wrong if swafford didn’t wrestle today.

In all honesty I do like most of the Iowa posters that frequent here. It balances us a bit, keeps us in check and makes me appreciate our team.
cue the inspirational song..
Plus, @WildTurk does perform a noble public service here in BWI country by acquiescently taking flak from those more salty posters who might otherwise cannibalize our own if not distracted by the presence of anyone who owns a Hawkeye shirt. Thank you for your service, Turk!

Plus, @WildTurk does perform a noble public service here in BWI country by acquiescently taking flak from those more salty posters who might otherwise cannibalize our own if not distracted by the presence of anyone who owns a Hawkeye shirt. Thank you for your service, Turk!
I'm glad he is finally getting the recognition he so deserves.

Guy is a fire fighters, fire fighter. He runs to the flames when others would not dare.

He does it for the people not for selfish means.

@wildlurk we salute you!

Michigan vs. Pitt:

174 -- #6 Logan Massa (U-M) pinned Hunter Kernan, 2:18 -- U-M, 6-0
184 -- #2 Myles Amine (U-M) pinned Nicholas Meglino, 0:46 -- U-M, 12-0
197 -- #9 Patrick Brucki (U-M) dec. #8 Nino Bonaccorsi, 6-3 -- U-M 15-0
Hwt -- #2 Mason Parris (U-M) major dec. Jake Slinger, 14-4 -- U-M, 19-0
125 -- Nick Suriano (U-M) major dec. #31 Gage Curry, 18-7 -- U-M, 23-0
133 -- #7 Micky Phillippi (Pitt) dec. Jack Medley, 5-2 -- U-M, 23-3
141 -- #23 Cole Matthews (Pitt) dec. #3 Stevan Micic, 11-5 -- U-M, 23-6
149 -- Cole Mattin (U-M) dec. Dan Mancini, 9-4 -- U-M, 26-6
157 -- #15 Will Lewan (U-M) dec. #21 Elijah Cleary, 3-1 -- U-M, 29-6
165 -- #13 Jake Wentzel (Pitt) won by forfeit -- U-M, 29-9

Extra Matches
125 -- Nick Suriano (U-M) tech. fall Jake Staud, 19-2 (4:40)
174 -- Matt McKenna (U-M) tech. fall Dominic Falcone, 16-0 (4:51)
197 -- Bobby Striggow (U-M) tech. fall Thomas Godbee, 18-1 (5:35)
149 -- Luke Kemerer (Pitt) dec. Nick Freeman, 6-2

I'm glad he is finally getting the recognition he so deserves.

Guy is a fire fighters, fire fighter. He runs to the flames when others would not dare.

He does it for the people not for selfish means.

@wildlurk we salute you!
I have it on good authority that this is an actual photo of him in action back in 1991.
Backdraft-2-Director-Gonzalo-Lopez-Gallego-Production-Date.jpg

Last edited:
Warner will NOT finish ahead of Dean.

It is cosmicilly impossible.

But I do like his beard and I'm totally cool if he wants to live the van life after the season in search of his former OV.
don’t underestimate the power of bracket placement. does anybody think nino was the second best 197 last year?

Warner's style is so boring and you think he can lose every match but he basically always gets his hand raised.
wrestles to the level of his competition. i’m picking dean but i think some people on here are going to be surprised how close that match is. warner was ferrari’s toughest match last year at ncaa’s.

wrestles to the level of his competition. i’m picking dean but i think some people on here are going to be surprised how close that match is. warner was ferrari’s toughest match last year at ncaa’s.
That match probably won't be decided until late 3rd in reality.

Both sides (Iowa/PSU fans) are convinced their guy can dominate the other from the top (Dean is obviously mean on top of anyone and Warner is big and can ride very well and Dean is a smaller 197) It shall be interesting.

No. 197 was trash last year. But whether they meet in the semi or final....dean wins.

It has been said. It must be so.
@js8793 got the biggest dunk of the world last year when this board kept insisting Kerk could catch and release Cass to a major decision basically. I'm trying not to jinx it here. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: PSUbluTX
That match probably won't be decided until late 3rd in reality.

Both sides (Iowa/PSU fans) are convinced their guy can dominate the other from the top (Dean is obviously mean on top of anyone and Warner is big and can ride very well and Dean is a smaller 197) It shall be interesting.
Dean won't go under unless he's trying to gas him from bottom

@js8793 got the biggest dunk of the world last year when this board kept insisting Kerk could catch and release Cass to a major decision basically. I'm trying not to jinx it here. 🙃
They had 10 years of dunks saved up.....I'm cool with a little come up'ns once a decade.

Michigan vs. Pitt:

174 -- #6 Logan Massa (U-M) pinned Hunter Kernan, 2:18 -- U-M, 6-0
184 -- #2 Myles Amine (U-M) pinned Nicholas Meglino, 0:46 -- U-M, 12-0
197 -- #9 Patrick Brucki (U-M) dec. #8 Nino Bonaccorsi, 6-3 -- U-M 15-0
Hwt -- #2 Mason Parris (U-M) major dec. Jake Slinger, 14-4 -- U-M, 19-0
125 -- Nick Suriano (U-M) major dec. #31 Gage Curry, 18-7 -- U-M, 23-0
133 -- #7 Micky Phillippi (Pitt) dec. Jack Medley, 5-2 -- U-M, 23-3
141 -- #23 Cole Matthews (Pitt) dec. #3 Stevan Micic, 11-5 -- U-M, 23-6
149 -- Cole Mattin (U-M) dec. Dan Mancini, 9-4 -- U-M, 26-6
157 -- #15 Will Lewan (U-M) dec. #21 Elijah Cleary, 3-1 -- U-M, 29-6
165 -- #13 Jake Wentzel (Pitt) won by forfeit -- U-M, 29-9

Extra Matches
125 -- Nick Suriano (U-M) tech. fall Jake Staud, 19-2 (4:40)
174 -- Matt McKenna (U-M) tech. fall Dominic Falcone, 16-0 (4:51)
197 -- Bobby Striggow (U-M) tech. fall Thomas Godbee, 18-1 (5:35)
149 -- Luke Kemerer (Pitt) dec. Nick Freeman, 6-2
With Micic getting beat that should put an end to Eierman's path to the finals avoiding Rivera.

Reactions: Dogwelder
With Micic getting beat that should put an end to Eierman's path to the finals avoiding Rivera.
We give bull and Kemerer a lot of digital abuse but riddler has had the least impressive half season of them.

He looks so beatable that it's almost like he's trying to go into the deep end of the pool in every match

• Wow
Reactions: Dogwelder
I noticed the samething during Friday's match. Kem does not like having his left arm raised.
Yeah - I think he has something similar to Clark in 2017, Clark mentioned he wasn't able to lift his bad arm up past a point without it hurting a ton. They were able to adjust for the postseason so Kem will be game.

No. 197 was trash last year. But whether they meet in the semi or final....dean wins.

It has been said. It must be so.
i agree but im pointing out there’s a scenario the two best guys end up on the same side like 197 last year. if dean hits ferrari in the semis and warner is on the other side, i think warner could out place him. i think warner can beat most of the guys at the weight on any given day, but there’s probably at least 10 who could beat him too.

i agree but im pointing out there’s a scenario the two best guys end up on the same side like 197 last year. if dean hits ferrari in the semis and warner is on the other side, i think warner could out place him. i think warner can beat most of the guys at the weight on any given day, but there’s probably at least 10 who could beat him too.
True. But when Dean beats him again at bigs it makes my point at nationals

Was always curious how Hawk fans felt about Warner. Has had a pretty good career so far but wondering if you are happy with him thus far in relation to his ranking coming out of H.S. and the Hawk fans expectations of him.

Reactions: danoftw
True. But when Dean beats him again at bigs it makes my point at nationals
Bulsak could play spoiler here. Rutger does not face Iowa this year. Significant implications for B10 seeding, and then downstream impact on NCAA seeding.

Same thing I immediately thought. Rivera up to 3 and stall man now has a problem in the semis, both Bigs and Natty.

Was always curious how Hawk fans felt about Warner. Has had a pretty good career so far but wondering if you are happy with him thus far in relation to his ranking coming out of H.S. and the Hawk fans expectations of him.
During the Warner match Sparks is on a roll about some programming and kind of says he was rambling. Gibbons tells him that he picked a good time to do it because there’s nothing going on in this match

Warner doesn't win big and sometimes doesn't win at all, but he has the skills to beat anybody on any given night. I have no idea of his placement. He could win the whole thing or DNP. I would guess 5th if forced. I can name 10 guys who can beat him but none I don't think he could beat.

Warner doesn't win big and sometimes doesn't win at all, but he has the skills to beat anybody on any given night. I have no idea of his placement. He could win the whole thing or DNP. I would guess 5th if forced. I can name 10 guys who can beat him but none I don't think he could beat.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but shouldn't Ferrari be considered the favorite to win 197. I'm not sure who could beat him if he's healthy. He's tough to score on.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but shouldn't Ferrari be considered the favorite to win 197. I'm not sure who could beat him if he's healthy. He's tough to score on.
The favorite by a wide margin over any other single wrestler, but he does wrestle all close matches against the upper level guys. Can Dean get him tired?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT