ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling NOTES: Penn State Wrestling Media Day

Poor Donnell.
giphy.gif
Don’t think Carter will get the chance. Looks like Donell is going 184 (he wrestled 2 duals at 184 last weekend)

Oh man. Is Nijenhuis up at 174 this season? That could be rough.

Perhaps Carter can take some solace in watching AB crush Washington, in his stead.

What it boiled down to was….
Does BoBar wrestling up with a partial years experience <> throwing SVN in as a TF but at his natural weight.

NOW (it at least SEEMS) SVN is nursing some type of knee issue I think this became an easy choice.

Reactions: Ja1339
Was hoping for SVN, with Bartlett redshirting.
’57 Joe Lee, ‘65 Facundo, and ‘25 Hillenbrandt.

I have been saying for several years BB is the man, and it would have taken SVN handling him pretty consistently for him to have had a chance at starting despite the natural weight class mapping for both kids.

1) Beau is going to Surprise everyone but me this year. Last year was the perfect storm that delivered the absolute worst result for him and masking the reveal of his potential. In Beau's mind he was committed for too long to making a serious go at taking 141 from Nick Lee. I wish Cael had shut that down and put him on a path to 149 much earlier but that is not Cael's way. If you go back and watch his matches again, Beau was a whisker away from doing damage at Bigs and then on to NCAAs. He was literally a month of prep at 149 away from big things.

2) SVN after a RS is going to be an absolute terror. End of story there.

Next year the duo of Beau followed by Shane will bring back fond memories of Zain - Nolf. Every match the biggest question will be how many team points will we get between them from 6 to 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT