ADVERTISEMENT

Not much on GA's Rivals board; a little more on 24/7 re Nolan Smith.

Nice retweet here.

8866177.jpeg

One of the comments in that thread:

What is interesting though is Nolan Smith said in a tweet what it was like to be around a "real players coach" like James Franklin and it was the best weekend of his life, and it was favorited by none other than former PSU commit Justin Fields. Wonder if he takes another look there if he decides to transfer.

Reactions: pkg5002

What is interesting though is Nolan Smith said in a tweet what it was like to be around a "real players coach" like James Franklin and it was the best weekend of his life, and it was favorited by none other than former PSU commit Justin Fields. Wonder if he takes another look there if he decides to transfer.

Is there any rumor of Fields transferring?

I don't follow Twitter, much less Tweet or twit or whatever it is. Trying to divine the intentions of a teenager I don't know is far beyond my limited talents. If by some unlikely scenario he actually chooses PSU, I'll be as happy as the next poster. Until the, kudoes to the coaching staff for getting him on campus, and to Keith Gouganis (sp?) too!

Reactions: Cosmos and bison13
I think Justin Fields would he here if not for some 'straight cash, homie".... Rumor was that the reason he got in to the SEC champ game and each of the Nov games was because of the fear of him leaving. Even if he would come, would he beat out Clifford, Robinson or ....?

I think Justin Fields would he here if not for some 'straight cash, homie".... Rumor was that the reason he got in to the SEC champ game and each of the Nov games was because of the fear of him leaving. Even if he would come, would he beat out Clifford, Robinson or ....?
If Fields wants to transfer, you also have to consider Levis and the two incoming freshmen. At least the incoming freshmen decided to come to PSU based upon the depth chart without Fields. To bring Fields in now, if he decided to transfer, may actually hurt recruiting. That would be a Harbaugh move when he brought in Patterson.

If Fields wants to transfer, you also have to consider Levis and the two incoming freshmen. At least the incoming freshmen decided to come to PSU based upon the depth chart without Fields. To bring Fields in now, if he decided to transfer, may actually hurt recruiting. That would be a Harbaugh move when he brought in Patterson.
Sorry but I disagree. You bring in talent like that if he wants to come and don't think twice about it. I highly doubt he leaves UGa in the end. I imagine he was probably a little upset with the lack of PT, but cooler heads may prevail as the season winds down.

Reactions: bmw199

The fake punt may go down as one of the worst calls ever, rivaling the Rahne OSU 4th down call..... Wish him the best. Always wondered why he selected UGA??? Cash, PT??

He needs to put the ego in check and play it out.

Is there any rumor of Fields transferring?

If Jake Fromm goes pro after next year, Fields sees the field in two years at Georgia. Would he beat out Stevens at PSU next year? If not, he doesn't get on the field here any quicker. If he transferred, it would be to a school he starts next year for sure IMO.

If Jake Fromm goes pro after next year, Fields sees the field in two years at Georgia. Would he beat out Stevens at PSU next year? If not, he doesn't get on the field here any quicker. If he transferred, it would be to a school he starts next year for sure IMO.
Unless the transfer rules changed, he isn't starting next year unless it's at UGa.

You would certainly think Fromm goes pro. If he was my son, I would tell Justin to sit tight. I would have also discussed the possibility of redshirting this year.

I wouldn’t look too much into this. Micah liked the tweet when Fields decommitted from Penn State.

Agree.

The fake punt may go down as one of the worst calls ever, rivaling the Rahne OSU 4th down call..... Wish him the best. Always wondered why he selected UGA??? Cash, PT??

He needs to put the ego in check and play it out.
That .....fake punt was the worst call of the year and is in the discussion for ALL TIME STUPID as it cost GA a chance at the championship, putting JF's OSU disaster (and the Indiana fake punt) way down on the list. However, JoePa's 1979 dive to Gu,man.....is in the discussion for worst ever and still................hurts.

This is pretty easy to read between the lines. Many schools guaranteed Fields playing time and PSU would not. Justin is now seeing the actual fruits of that. He was a raw prospect who should have red shirted. His HS offense was not sophisticated at all and was far different from the scheme UGa runs. Think Justin probably sees what kind of guy Franklin is now and maybe wishes he had kept his original commitment. It would surprise me tremendously if we even entertained the idea of his transfer, because of the effect it would have on the other QBs. Franklin is really loyal to “his guys.”

Reactions: Cosmos
Sorry but I disagree. You bring in talent like that if he wants to come and don't think twice about it. I highly doubt he leaves UGa in the end. I imagine he was probably a little upset with the lack of PT, but cooler heads may prevail as the season winds down.

Do you think if he stayed committed that CJF would have 'encouraged' Stevens to transfer? If so, Fields would probably be in the mix for the job next year, right?

Like Michigan. The only reason they competed this year was because of their QB transfer. I have no idea who was 2nd string for scUM this year, but my guess is nothing special.

Do you think if he stayed committed that CJF would have 'encouraged' Stevens to transfer? If so, Fields would probably be in the mix for the job next year, right?
I don’t think Franklin would have encouraged Stevens to transfer if Fields had stayed. I think Stevens may have thought about it a little more, though - that said, it’s all a hypothetical; we don’t even know what options were available to Stevens last off-season.

And yes, Fields would have absolutely been in the mix to replace Trace, and he’d be in the mix if by some miracle he decided to transfer in now.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Hypothetical issues concerning Fields vs a highly regarded recruit who made his visit publically known to be very enjoyable, prompting what might be a discussion on his possible flip to the Good Guys. I guess we'd rather relitigate Fields' recruitment, flip, and possible transfer, none of which impacts PSU going forward (unless he goes to MI)....

It’s not sour grapes because Fields turned us down, but I’d rather give a scholarship to new recruit that believes that Penn State is where he wants to be from the beginning
Odds of him coming to PSU are very slim so that is very easy to say. I know for myself I'd be happier than a pig in Sh!t if he did come. Game changer at QB who happened to go to the one school that started a stud frosh ahead of him last year. I still think he calms down and stays at home.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

To be fair....it could be argued that Tommy was given opportunities at the created "Lion" position in fear of him leaving too.

Reactions: DandyDonII
To be fair....it could be argued that Tommy was given opportunities at the created "Lion" position in fear of him leaving too.
Could be argued? That’s exactly what happened with Tommy. Lion was also a direct reason (of a handful) that cost us the OSU game. We were better off with him on the sideline or in another uniform if that’s what it meant. Harsh, but reality.

Maybe Georgia beats Bama without fields although they still could have attempted a fake punt with someone else. We aren’t running Lion without Tommy.

For reference the other reasons include a fumble, defending screen passes/tackling, and inability to get one first down. All contributed to enough points or time off clock to win but the easiest avoidance of all of them was not playing Lion to appease someone who got beat out repeatedly.

I think From is relatively short for a QB, listed at 6 foot 2, probably closer to 6 foot. Not so sure he leaves after junior year....

Nothing that Stevens showed this year should strike fear into a recruit the caliber of Fields. I am not saying that Fields would beat out Stevens, but I suspect that there aren’t many big time programs who lose a starting an next year that do not have a quality prospect in the waiting that Fields would have to beat out.

ADVERTISEMENT