ADVERTISEMENT

Nostalgic question Tom/others

ewb75

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Alabama
As this board is changing hands in the next handful of hours, I have been (like many) waxing nostalgic. Lots of great memories provided here, and by so many. One thing that I have enjoyed visiting upon occasion is the pinned thread "Stories posted on these boards about JoePa..."

I do not know if there is a way to "move" the contents to the new place. I feel like the stories from actual posters here can be copied and pasted in a new thread there. Not sure if the links to the stories can be transferred, or if it is so much trouble to make it not worthwhile. Also, I do not know if the board as a whole would appreciate the moving of these stories. I just know I would like to see that happen.

I appreciate every coach that leads our Nittany Lions. In my lifetime (as for most here, I assume), that is a short list. I try to avoid comparisons because the game has changed, as have the times. I abhor the term "Joebot" as much as I abhor those that attack BOB and CJF just because they did/do things maybe just a little differently than Joe did. But, being in my late 40's, Joe will always be a large part of my Penn State experience- much like he will always be for the entire University. I enjoy reading others' stories and personal experiences from time to time, and hope that there is a way to make them accessible in our new home. If not, so be it. And, if the vast majority of our family here dies not desire the same, so be it. Time does march on...

Thanks for the many years of refuge from "real life," the helpful posts and advice, the laughs, and even the support when there were tears. I'll see you guys on the other side of the jump!

I do not know if there is a way to "move" the contents to the new place. I feel like the stories from actual posters here can be copied and pasted in a new thread there. Not sure if the links to the stories can be transferred, or if it is so much trouble to make it not worthwhile. Also, I do not know if the board as a whole would appreciate the moving of these stories. I just know I would like to see that happen.

I'm not sure. I was hoping to look into that in recent weeks, but I've been crazy busy.

I hope that I'm able to save the stories. Over the years, I've considered un-pinning that thread, but never thought the time was right. Perhaps now is the time; I really don't know.

In short, to be determined.

Another question for @Tom McAndrew

Who was the poster M&B2?

I'm fairly certain he's dead now, but he somehow didn't like my second or third post made 20+ years ago (from a work computer) and proceeded to respond with something snarky that included a veiled, but certain, reference regarding the identity of my employer at the time.

My guess is that M&B stood for Maize & Blue, but he somehow knew poster's identities based on their IP addresses.

That was a learning lesson for me. I determined from his posting history that he was a lumber harvester, but then I got busy.

Hence was born my curiosity as to identities behind names.

Who was the poster M&B2?

Well, even if I knew, I'm not permitted by Rivals to disclose confidential info about a poster. If they post info about themselves in public, that can be repeated, but that's the limit.

I remember the poster about whom you asked, but don't recall anything they publicly posted about themselves.

Reactions: BW Lion
Well, even if I knew, I'm not permitted by Rivals to disclose confidential info about a poster. If they post info about themselves in public, that can be repeated, but that's the limit.

I remember the poster about whom you asked, but don't recall anything they publicly posted about themselves.
I suspect that he was a visiting moderator from another board that could view posts and IP addresses.

Another question for @Tom McAndrew

Who was the poster M&B2?

I'm fairly certain he's dead now, but he somehow didn't like my second or third post made 20+ years ago (from a work computer) and proceeded to respond with something snarky that included a veiled, but certain, reference regarding the identity of my employer at the time.

My guess is that M&B stood for Maize & Blue, but he somehow knew poster's identities based on their IP addresses.

That was a learning lesson for me. I determined from his posting history that he was a lumber harvester, but then I got busy.

Hence was born my curiosity as to identities behind names.
I remember M&B2, who also called himself Emmen in his posts. He also posted under M&B2 on the old Victors Valiant board. As I recall, he was always polite and friendly, at least in the posts I read. He disappeared for a while from Plotit, saying farewell, then returned for a bit, possibly here, then just vanished. He was a strange guy. I am surpried to hear that he went to the dark side with you.

x

Asinus ediverso occurrit leoni, cui sic dicere coepit, “Ascendamus in cacumen montis et ostendam tibi quia et multa animalia me timent.” Leo, ridens aselli verba, “Eamus,” inquit. Cumque venissent ad locum, stans cum fera asellus in edito loco voce summissa clamare coepit. Quem audientes, vulpes et lepores fugere coeperunt. At asellus, “Vide quem timeant.” Cui leo contra sic dixisse fertur, “Poterat et me terrere vox tua, si non scirem asinum te esse.”

@ewb75

I went back and forth on what to do. Part of my concern was that it might take too much work to save all the stories and post them on the new site.

However, as the witching hour neared, I decided to give it a shot.

It took some work, but I was able to move all of the links, and all of the stories, to the new site.

I'm not sure if I'm going to pin them; time will tell.

Anyway, just giving you an update.

@ewb75

I went back and forth on what to do. Part of my concern was that it might take too much work to save all the stories and post them on the new site.

It took some work, but I was able to move all of the links, and all of the stories, to the new site.

Yes, but what about the dangers of bears and sharks in their natural environments. I found that information very informative and beneficial. It's loss would be a veritable tragedy.

Reactions: psu00
@ewb75

Awesome.

@ewb75

Curious, are you waiting to the witching hour to see what happens like us? Or do you know?

And BTW, apologize for all the grief I may have caused you over the years!🤷🏽

@ewb75

Thanks!

@ewb75

See you get that kind of time when the Iggles ate in the middle of a blow out!!!

x

Asinus ediverso occurrit leoni, cui sic dicere coepit, “Ascendamus in cacumen montis et ostendam tibi quia et multa animalia me timent.” Leo, ridens aselli verba, “Eamus,” inquit. Cumque venissent ad locum, stans cum fera asellus in edito loco voce summissa clamare coepit. Quem audientes, vulpes et lepores fugere coeperunt. At asellus, “Vide quem timeant.” Cui leo contra sic dixisse fertur, “Poterat et me terrere vox tua, si non scirem asinum te esse.”
Well played, Ski. You are certainly not an ass, but some on the board often act like they are.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT