ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

Stanford looks awful. Jet lag or just bad?

It was a 9AM start Stanford time PLUS Stanford's playing poorly PLUS Northwestern has played well, much better than I expected.

Not over yet.....Stanford just hit a FG after dropping a 50 yard pass. NW by 7 with 7 to go in the 4th.

Wow - with Northwestern up 13-6 with about 3 minutes left, I thought for sure Northwestern was going to punt on 4th down. Instead, they went for the 49-yard field goal... and NAILED IT! Northwestern's blown so many late-game leads against quality opponents the last few years that it's nice to see them closing the door at home against No. 21 STANFORD. Awesome!

EDIT: Woops -- no idea why I thought Stanford was No. 5. Still a huge win. Wayta go, Cats!

Last edited:
Looks like another tough battle this year..

But, Stanford isn't much.

Stanford was unimpressive. NW looked solid but not spectacular. Their QB was lucky not to get picked off a few times. Their (Walker) looks like a player.

Wow - with Northwestern up 13-6 with about 3 minutes left, I thought for sure Northwestern was going to punt on 4th down. Instead, they went for the 49-yard field goal... and NAILED IT! Northwestern's blown so many late-game leads against quality opponents the last few years that it's nice to see them closing the door at home against No. 5 STANFORD. Awesome!

Stanford is #5?? Wow! Hope NW hangs on! Only B1G team that I pull for.

Stanford is not ranked # 5 in any poll that I'm aware of. They are 21 in the AP poll that I just looked at.

Stanford was unimpressive. NW looked solid but not spectacular. Their QB was lucky not to get picked off a few times. Their (Walker) looks like a player.

Disagree, NW looks very very good, Their D is fast. Walker is going to be a handful.

It was a 9AM start Stanford time PLUS Stanford's playing poorly PLUS Northwestern has played well, much better than I expected.

Not over yet.....Stanford just hit a FG after dropping a 50 yard pass. NW by 7 with 7 to go in the 4th.

16 - 6 baby! Go Wildcats!

Reactions: PSU-Knocker
I like NW too, and always root for them except against PSU. I was referring to my post Thursday night about being conflicted with the outcome of the Michigan/Utah game. Some people were saying that they wanted all big ten teams to lose OOC games, and I was trying to explain how an OOC win strengthens the conference.

I like NW too, and always root for them except against PSU. I was referring to my post Thursday night about being conflicted with the outcome of the Michigan/Utah game. Some people were saying that they wanted all big ten teams to lose OOC games, and I was trying to explain how an OOC win strengthens the conference.
I didn't participate in that one. Ever since I was a kid, I've found myself rooting for and against the same team depending on circumstances. The one that is most difficult for me is Pitt vs. ND. Believe it or not, I usually root for Pitt. Confession.

Stanford is not ranked # 5 in any poll that I'm aware of. They are 21 in the AP poll that I just looked at.

Stanford was considered #5 in the PAC-12, which isn't a knock on their team as they were ranked 21 Nationally.

This is the healthiest NU has been in 3 seasons (the past 2 were riddled by injuries; by the time the Illinois game came around last year, the 'Cats had something like 37 active schollie players, including a # of players playing hurt).

This year's team will be about the D and the run game as RS frosh QB Thorson settles into the starting role (D should be even better when starting DT Kuhar gets back).

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT