ADVERTISEMENT

Nolf vs Oliver? Something happening June 28th

Truth_Talk

Jul 2, 2019
Oliver posted this tweet yesterday afternoon...

Can we get a full card of match-ups, if in fact something was going down later this month.
Here's Hoping...:)

ummm... difference of two weight classes... JO not going 65 for 2021 Olympics? We all know how competent he is at weight loss (this is a compliment).

Reactions: ccdiver
JO has been on the FS-only train for a while now. He's damn good. But, Nolf is Nolf. I don't know that he's top 3 in the country (yet), as we've got JB, Dake and IMAR there, but he'll be close. 74kg is a much deeper weight for the US than 65kg is, for various reasons.

He's also 20+ pounds heavier than him. Hell, he wrestled 79kg at the PAQ in Canada. I don't see JO getting much more than a face full of hips and a quick introduction to the mat. And I say this as a fan of both.

Wild matchup. Love it.

Palacio back, too? Interesting.

Proud of IL, wonder where they'll host it? Edit: On a parking garage according to JO. That's amazing.

Wild matchup. Love it.

Palacio back, too? Interesting.

Proud of IL, wonder where they'll host it? Edit: On a parking garage according to JO. That's amazing.
Funny you mention Palacio, MickPSU and our crew met his parents at NCAAs, they were awesome and someone in the crew may have been slightly lit from the night before.

All of the Flo boys have been pumping up a "Big Announcement" on Friday...have to guess it's their event scheduled to take place in Austin

Reactions: Dogwelder
All of the Flo boys have been pumping up a "Big Announcement" on Friday...have to guess it's their event scheduled to take place in Austin

[Flo guy:]
> Monster announcements coming Friday at noon eastern. Stay tuned.
Since it is Flo, then “Monster announcements” may have to do with Alien Hour. :)

This is Jason Nolf's Link

https://www.jdoqocy.com/click-100160112-14074969

If you buy through this link, he receives a portion of the stream. Pretty unique way to support our wrestlers and at 19.99 its a no brainer. Its going to be sweet!

If they had added Downey vs Bo then I might have forked over the $.

Otherwise I have a personal rule against investing in single event PPV dating back to the last time I was ripped off Tyson vs Spinks. Did I just say that?

Reactions: PD4thespawn
flo going live in a couple of minutes with an announcement, but when you hover over the video it says "FloWrestling: Dake vs Chamizo"

Wasn't there something a few years ago with teams drafted or chosen by several wrestlers. I think David Taylor and Dake were captains. What ever happened to that or even what was it?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Wasn't there something a few years ago with teams drafted or chosen by several wrestlers. I think David Taylor and Dake were captains. What ever happened to that or even what was it?

Yes, it was the same night as our dual at Bucknell back in 2018. DT's team won.

Reactions: PSUer1989
On Justin Basch's podcast interviewing Oliver, JO said that Nolf is walking around at 177 and JO is walking around at 174, which is why they agreed to go at 175.
I am amazed Oliver can cut down to 65 kg (143.3 lb.). Hoosier Lion stated in another thread, "Nick [Lee] runs around all summer at about 145lbs." I wonder what Zain and Yianni walk around at? Only having six Olympic men's weights really compresses the talent per weight, leaving some wrestlers at a disadvantage who are "tweeners".

If they really wanted to sell subscriptions they should have put more PSU and Iowa wrestlers on the card. I'll pass on this event.

Does a Nolf vs JO result impact how you would see a Zain vs Nolf match going?we all wonder who was better? To some the answer to this is no real determination and just entertainment, including me.
#Allmatchupsmatter

I don't see exhibition matches telling us much of anything. Just a couple of guys that love to scrap, scrapping.

Secondly, there's been plenty of discussion on here about transitive property working for math, not so much for wrestling. I think we just enjoy the show and take very little away from it.

Which is what you said.

Funny you mention Palacio, MickPSU and our crew met his parents at NCAAs, they were awesome and someone in the crew may have been slightly lit from the night before.
Palacio backed out which surprised exactly no one. That kid is a piece of work if judging by his social media - a budding scam artist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT