Nobody wants to join the military anymore

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
What a giant sized load of crap this ^^^^ is, Jerry. You have made your views on abortion, contraception, gay marriage, gays in the military, gay teachers, gays in general, transsexuals, and other social issues quite clear. (The funny things about your focus on and distaste for gays is that one of the biggest havens for gays is the Catholic priesthood. Yet your son makes a living demonizing gay and transsexual people.)

Your repeated refrain is that the "Wokeists" (i.e., people who support any of the things I enumerated in the preceding paragraph) are "destroying America," "destroying Western civilization," etc. For Chrissake, even so much as taking a knee at a sporting event gets you all worked up and fuming about how Wokeists (i.e., people kneeling) are traitors bent on undoing the American way of life.

Here's a hint: I could not care less if the rainbow flag never flies on ANY government building. BUT if OTHER flags (and in particular the flag or banner of the Knights of Columbus, Opus Dei, the Franciscans, the Jesuits, the Sisters of the Poor, or ANY Catholic order) flies on a government building, THEN I very much DO WANT the rainbow flag to get equal time. Right next to that Catholic flag. That's not "Wokeism." That's something called the Establishment Clause.
Amen brother.

Jerry

May 29, 2001
What a giant sized load of crap this ^^^^ is, Jerry. You have made your views on abortion, contraception, gay marriage, gays in the military, gay teachers, gays in general, transsexuals, and other social issues quite clear. (The funny things about your focus on and distaste for gays is that one of the biggest havens for gays is the Catholic priesthood. Yet your son makes a living demonizing gay and transsexual people.)

Your repeated refrain is that the "Wokeists" (i.e., people who support any of the things I enumerated in the preceding paragraph) are "destroying America," "destroying Western civilization," etc. For Chrissake, even so much as taking a knee at a sporting event gets you all worked up and fuming about how Wokeists (i.e., people kneeling) are traitors bent on undoing the American way of life.

Here's a hint: I could not care less if the rainbow flag never flies on ANY government building. BUT if OTHER flags (and in particular the flag or banner of the Knights of Columbus, Opus Dei, the Franciscans, the Jesuits, the Sisters of the Poor, or ANY Catholic order) flies on a government building, THEN I very much DO WANT the rainbow flag to get equal time. Right next to that Catholic flag. That's not "Wokeism." That's something called the Establishment Clause.

Laf, Laf...my misguided Dem-Mediacrat friend...as in your previous post, the one to which I earlier replied, you work yourself into a lather here, but yet again your indignant response is mostly beside the point of the debate...another strawman of your imagination.

The issue is not about "my views" but rather about your claim that I wish to "impose" them on society. Not for the first time in our exchanges, you make statements that can't be supported by the record in order to invent an argument you can answer...since you have no answer to the argument I'm actually making

Again, as in my previous post, I invite you look at any statement of mine in this thread (or anywhere else on the board) and find just one that would provide evidence for your accusation that I wish my views "imposed" on the nation. I have news for you, pal: it's too late for "imposing." Goodness can not be imposed on the soul of either a nation or a person. Rather, it must be voluntarily embraced.

I think your hysterical claim on the subject of contraception is instructive and can be used as a guide regarding the worth of your other accusations. You said I "want contraceptives to be outlawed." Where do you come up with shit like that? Again, cite the record to show where I ever said such a thing. Good luck.

My son is a public figure and fair game for criticism, but I reject your caricature that he makes a living demonizing gays and transgenders. Rather, he makes a living objecting to the quasi-religious celebration of the ruling LGBTQ ideology and our decadent culture's embrace of the Transgender Cult. Glad I could clear that up for you.

I plead guilty to the charge of believing the pseudo-religion of Wokeism is playing a large part in the destruction of America and Western civilization. But even here, Wokeism is itself more a symptom than a cause. As for kneeling at the national anthem, again you indict me for a position I don't hold. If any of these overpaid dimwits wants to make a spectacle of themselves, and if fans want to pay money to watch that, hey, cool. Have fun.

Then your closing flourish is priceless and so typical of the rest of your argument: yeah, like I want to put the "Catholic flag" on government buildings. Please. Get a grip, man. I'm talking about the banner of a different religion, the flag of rainbow colors, that is in fact being displayed on government buildings and has become an object of veneration which we're all supposed to bow down before. In other words, I'm focusing on actual reality, and you're making stuff up.

District four

Feb 16, 2018
That's the title of a piece recently written by former Marine Jeff Groom for The Spectator...linked in the Rod Dreher post below.

I'm proud of my military service and cherish the title Marine, but I wouldn't want my grandsons to serve a country or Corps that are no longer recognizable to me...where fake Marines desecrated their own sacred emblem with rainbow colors during Pride Month and pissed all over the blood sacrifices of real Marines on a thousand battlefields...where service members are forced to choose between the orders of an anti-Christian Woke command and their own consciences.

This is not to dishonor the service of those currently in the military. The vast majority are patriotic Americans who didn't sign up for what they're facing now -- Wokeist indoctrination, showers with trannies, lowered standards to accommodate the requirements of political correctness, mandated vaccines, etc -- and have little choice but to at least pretend to go along with the program or incur potentially life-altering penalties. However, if you're currently on the outside looking in, why would you volunteer for this? The only reason would be if you hadn't gotten the word that Everything Has Changed.

In fact, Dreher nails it here:

>>Why join up when your senior commanders think you are a bad seed for being white, male, Christian, and/or conservative, and they might send you overseas to fight in the forever wars to extend the American empire, and to make the Donbas safe for Raytheon and RuPaul’s Drag Race, chicks with dicks and CRT? At some point, you’ve got to realize that it’s a scam, that you are being asked to risk your life to fight for an imperial order that thinks your law-abiding, church-going, palefaced right-wing self is the problem with America...The ruling class in America today, including in the woke military, is going all-out to make a very large section of America, including those most likely to serve, feel like they are outcasts and scapegoats. Again: what is the point of risking your life for a system that hates you and wants to grind you down, and later in life teach your kids that they are bad because of their race, but cheer up, because they might be queer?<<

I guess we put our lives on the line so people can believe what they want. That's patriotic and that's American. Just because everyone doesn't believe what you believe doesn't make them unamerican it actually makes them the opposite. Isn't that what freedom is?

Ski

May 29, 2001
I guess we put our lives on the line so people can believe what they want. That's patriotic and that's American. Just because everyone doesn't believe what you believe doesn't make them unamerican it actually makes them the opposite. Isn't that what freedom is?

Everyone not believing what I believe makes America America, but it doesn't make the other person either American or un-American or patriotic or un-patriotic. It is their perverted beliefs that makes them un-American and un-patriotic.

"You are inherently racist because you were born a certain colored male" -- the fact that you are free to think it and say it speaks to the greatness of America, but it is still an idea that is as unAmerican as you can get if you actually believe it.

Latest posts