ADVERTISEMENT

"No good quarterbacks were available in the portal"

Here is another question along the same lines.

How is Purdue able to keep 3 decent QBs when a top 10 PSU can't keep 2? Why can many teams stockpile talent at QB? Everyone with a pulse left PSU.
We’ll see how many they keep after this year. Franklin kept both Stevens and Levis for a while.

Reactions: fastlax16
Let's revisit that apologist stance now that we have seen proof of exactly how good Roberson is. Can someone pull up a list of the quarterbacks that went this year in the portal? Because I'm willing to bet there are quite a few who are a step up from Roberson. So many posters on here were lambasted by the Franklin apologist squad for merely suggesting that it was a catastrophic failure on Franklin's part not to at least take a serviceable quarterback, and if he couldn't get one to come here, then that's also a failure on his part to not be a good enough recruiter to bring one in.
A "catastrophic failure" is grievously mishandling a pandemic thereby leading to hundreds of thousands of dead Americans who might still be alive today were it not the case. Not a situation with a backup QB.

But I guess they can move this to the test board if they wish.

A "catastrophic failure" is grievously mishandling a pandemic thereby leading to hundreds of thousands of dead Americans who might still be alive today were it not the case. Not a situation with a backup QB.

Yes please…

I assume you are talking about China?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellerdog
Everything we all considered during the off season has come true. We weren't very high on Cliff for a good reason. The kid overthrows many balls and cant see the field. Cliff turns all defensive backs into All-Americans. He is afraid to make the tough throw so he doesn't. Illinois had no fear of the deep ball. With all that said, we have a QB room that is so poor that we got to go with an injured Clifford to have a chance. Jimmy boy should have put on the Ritz to secure a quality backup that could compete with Cliff and I would think there had to be many. Why didn't he fix this GLARING problem?

Wasn't Veillieux offered by Clemson? If we have such a great QB coming next year why are we saving him?
He didn’t have a high school senior season due to Covid. He entered this season without playing an actual game since 2019.
And he’s a true freshman.

Alan Bowman
Joe Milton
Tyler Shough
Charlie Brewer
Nkosi Perry
Dylan McCaffrey
Luke McCaffrey
Ryan Hilinski
TJ Finley
McKenzie Milton
Hendon Hooker
Jarrett Guarantano
Austin Kendall
Jace Ruder
Tanner Mordecai
Rocky Lombardi

There are 16 for you. All are better than Roberson, and all would have beaten Iowa and Illinoi.

which of those want to transfer to a team to become a backup?

Everything we all considered during the off season has come true. We weren't very high on Cliff for a good reason…
Things were going pretty good with Clifford until he was injured. The lack of a backup is another story and a valid complaint, but don’t see what is negative with Clifford this year other than maybe saying he has had the injury prone condition go to an extreme.

which of those want to transfer to a team to become a backup?
It's a bullshit list. 10 of them were week 1 starters this season, another 4 went to schools that didn't have the starter from 2020 back. 2 transferred to schools with starters returning. Milton and Finley. A kid from Hawaii who spent all of college in Florida and a kid from Louisiana. Shocking they didn't want to come to central pa. Milton also hadn't played in 2 years due to a catastrophic knee injury.

Levi’s wanted guarantees

A guarantee of playing time? A guarantee of a chance to compete for the starting spot? I know coaches don't like to guarantee playing time, but if a player is crucial to your season's success, maybe granting playing time is the better of two bad options.

It's a bullshit list. 10 of them were week 1 starters this season, another 4 went to schools that didn't have the starter from 2020 back. 2 transferred to schools with starters returning. Milton and Finley. A kid from Hawaii who spent all of college in Florida and a kid from Louisiana. Shocking they didn't want to come to central pa. Milton also hadn't played in 2 years due to a catastrophic knee injury.
Didn’t Finley actually replace Nix during the GA State game? That takes him off the list as well.

Is this the same central Pennsylvania that will have a top 5 overall recruiting class for 2022?

This comment has nothing to do with the post you responded to and is also rather incoherent
It's very clear: You claim on one hand that no portal qbs wanted to go to psu because of its rural setting, which is complete bs considering the same place has attracted a top 5 recruiting class and the number 1 qb in the nation. Now go pound sand. The head coach failed. Period.

Everything we all considered during the off season has come true. We weren't very high on Cliff for a good reason. The kid overthrows many balls and cant see the field. Cliff turns all defensive backs into All-Americans. He is afraid to make the tough throw so he doesn't. Illinois had no fear of the deep ball. With all that said, we have a QB room that is so poor that we got to go with an injured Clifford to have a chance. Jimmy boy should have put on the Ritz to secure a quality backup that could compete with Cliff and I would think there had to be many. Why didn't he fix this GLARING problem?
You’re still an idiot on this board too

It's very clear: You claim on one hand that no portal qbs wanted to go to psu because of its rural setting, which is complete bs considering the same place has attracted a top 5 recruiting class and the number 1 qb in the nation. Now go pound sand. The head coach failed. Period.

Had nothing to do with rural and everything to do with weather. How many players from Hawaii has penn state ever had.

Still smarting over that original list of 16 or whatever where almost all of them won starting jobs this year I see. Go take a seat.

Had nothing to do with rural and everything to do with weather. How many players from Hawaii has penn state ever had.

Still smarting over that original list of 16 or whatever where almost all of them won starting jobs this year I see. Go take a seat.
He did not secure a quarterback in the portal and he failed. Your hero is a failure. 63-30.

Is this the same central Pennsylvania that will have a top 5 overall recruiting class for 2022?
This has to be the most incoherent argument ever. Using Franklin's success as a recruiter to blame him for his inability to recruit.

Alan Bowman
Joe Milton
Tyler Shough
Charlie Brewer
Nkosi Perry
Dylan McCaffrey
Luke McCaffrey
Ryan Hilinski
TJ Finley
McKenzie Milton
Hendon Hooker
Jarrett Guarantano
Austin Kendall
Jace Ruder
Tanner Mordecai
Rocky Lombardi

There are 16 for you. All are better than Roberson, and all would have beaten Iowa and Illinoi.
LOL

Be interesting to see what Spencer Rattler does next year. He may need another year of college football. If Clifford doesn’t return we will be shopping for a 1 year starter.

Be interesting to see what Spencer Rattler does next year. He may need another year of college football. If Clifford doesn’t return we will be shopping for a 1 year starter.
Remember that no good quarterbacks will be available. Franklin will roll with Roberson.

Remember that no good quarterbacks will be available. Franklin will roll with Roberson.

No way Franklin goes with Roberson next year. He wouldn’t start Roberson against Illinois with Clifford unable to throw or run. Roberson isn’t an MY style QB. Roberson will be in the portal.

Let's revisit that apologist stance now that we have seen proof of exactly how good Roberson is. Can someone pull up a list of the quarterbacks that went this year in the portal? Because I'm willing to bet there are quite a few who are a step up from Roberson. So many posters on here were lambasted by the Franklin apologist squad for merely suggesting that it was a catastrophic failure on Franklin's part not to at least take a serviceable quarterback, and if he couldn't get one to come here, then that's also a failure on his part to not be a good enough recruiter to bring one in.
Will levis

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT