ADVERTISEMENT

No ACL's MCLS?

manmythlegend1

Jan 5, 2014
This is an Honest question for anybody who knows the medical and physical ramifications. After Watching Nolf do what he did and now Lee look very similar to what he did before the injury, What exactly is the downside of this injury? I thought it was something like Tommy John, No chance till after the surgery. How can something so important mean so little to the overall importance of performance?

I am asking for the MEDICAL REALITY

I Love Lee (PA THROUGH AND THROUGH) I just wanted to know if my admiration should be the level of what I have for the Nolf Performance after his injury where I literally saw the Tendon Snap on TV. Or if this injury is overblown in wrestling? (which would lower my feeling of the once in a lifetime performance from Nolf)?

I reference the "Are you hurt or injured line" ?? If you are truly injured, determination only goes so far? Is this now only a HURT injury? Where The real Special Athletes like Nolf and Lee are just that tough and talented to handle the pain and can still roll over the competition? I ask because I dont understand how Nolf did what he did and how Lee can be this good and at the same time we all say he is doing it on No Knees? My Rational Mind can not handle that an injury that cripples you would allow any athlete to still be a National champion like Nolf and Lee?

I am impressed no matter what, they are both amazing.

I think Spencer might have a knee check when he is stopped and someone pushes backward. See his Big10 loss to Sebastian and last year in the finals it looked like a similar motion when he gave up a 2 - no strength to post from being pushed against... just my take on how he spins his majic!

Reactions: manmythlegend1
I just completely obliviated my ACL and Miniscus on June 5th while bear hugging a kid who was 6'4" 340lbs. Let me tell you that when it went it was gone and I couldn't even think about putting weight on it or I was eating the gravel on the track around the football field. No joke I tried to stand 4 or 5 times and instantly fell back down.

I had a full ACL reconstruction along with miniscus reshaping on July 26th and today I'm about 75% of where I was prior. Now I'm not competing in D1 wrestling but I'm full range of motion, some running and chasing my 3 year old. As well as stairs at the same speed I was prior to june 5th.

Part of my hamstring was harvested as well as a cadavers tendon was used to double the strength by Dr VanKluehnen of University Orthopedics. BTW I highly recommend him ever needed.

I just completely obliviated my ACL and Miniscus on June 5th while bear hugging a kid who was 6'4" 340lbs. Let me tell you that when it went it was gone and I couldn't even think about putting weight on it or I was eating the gravel on the track around the football field. No joke I tried to stand 4 or 5 times and instantly fell back down.

I had a full ACL reconstruction along with miniscus reshaping on July 26th and today I'm about 75% of where I was prior. Now I'm not competing in D1 wrestling but I'm full range of motion, some running and chasing my 3 year old. As well as stairs at the same speed I was prior to june 5th.

Part of my hamstring was harvested as well as a cadavers tendon was used to double the strength by Dr VanKluehnen of University Orthopedics. BTW I highly recommend him ever needed.
You must be on the younger side! Why would you bear hug someone 6' 4" 340lbs? Yeesh.

It's kinda creepy and cool at the same time that you have a dead person's body part inside you now. Donate them organs people! You never know who you might help out

Reactions: Str8DBLz
You must be on the younger side! Why would you bear hug someone 6' 4" 340lbs? Yeesh.

It's kinda creepy and cool at the same time that you have a dead person's body part inside you now. Donate them organs people! You never know who you might help out
I'm 41 and he was my graduating HwT wrestler that I've coached and wrestled with for years. It was a congratulations hug at graduation but when I got him to the peak we both went crashing down.

I'm 41 and he was my graduating HwT wrestler that I've coached and wrestled with for years. It was a congratulations hug at graduation but when I got him to the peak we both went crashing down.
Ouch. Happy graduation lol.

41 with a 3 year old.. Now i don't feel so bad trying for a 2nd kid at almost 37. Seems like a lot of us are having them later in life these days

I've come to terms that Spencer will never have "normal knees". Somehow the guy just powers through it. If a healthy Suriano goes 125 this year, it will be a tough challenge without Acls'.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu and PASLP2
Ouch. Happy graduation lol.

41 with a 3 year old.. Now i don't feel so bad trying for a 2nd kid at almost 37. Seems like a lot of us are having them later in life these days

I've come to terms that Spencer will never have "normal knees". Somehow the guy just powers through it. If a healthy Suriano goes 125 this year, it will be a tough challenge without Acls'.
I also have a senior in college and a 15 year old.

I spoke to Nico a few times about how the heck college athletes recover so quickly or just continue with tape. It's honestly crazy!

Reactions: WildTurk
Amateurs. My kids are nearly 36 & 8.
giphy.gif

Hahaha...mine are 28, 26, 25, 23, 21. Last semester of tuition gets paid in December!

It does seem that competitors are starting to circle. With a healthy Lee many wrestlers went to 133. Now both
Suriano and Rivera have both hinted at going at 125.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Rivera isn’t going 125. As for the initial discussion, I’m not sure of Spencer’s exact situation. Dejuan Blair played in the NBA without ACLs in either knee, as his other muscles and ligaments strengthened to supposed the knee. The issue is that you still have limited stability compared to someone with functioning cruciate ligaments and your knees are essentially a ticking time bomb. The issues will almost certainly lead to limited senior career compared to if he’d been healthy and he’ll more than likely need knee replacements down the line.

All I could picture was Joseph vs Martinez and you were probably Martinez. You should stay in your own weight class next time. LOL glad to hear recovery is going good.

Reminds me of a number of years ago. I was at the Louvre with my parents and my Dad (who can be funny, but is no comic) says after a while...You know I'm wondering, exactly what century did dicks start getting bigger?
I spit out my cappuccino.
Hahahaha

I thought you hated the French?

ADVERTISEMENT