ADVERTISEMENT

No. 2 in AP Poll Too...

I can't speak for the voters but if they met this week on a neutral field, I'd bet on Ohio State. The Sooners have looked crappy for at least 3 weeks.
We'll agree to disagree. The current version of buckeyes folds in the face of equal/superior talent. OU has already proven to be better than tosu...if not, why play the games at all.

Actually, the only thing that holds our strength of schedule back right now, is Pitt. Pitt is the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: JJTopp99
We'll agree to disagree. The current version of buckeyes folds in the face of equal/superior talent. OU has already proven to be better than tosu...if not, why play the games at all.

Ohio State has the same receivers, the same running backs, and the same quarterback right now, as they had vs Oklahoma. The difference has been their competition. It should also be noted they lost their starting right guard, and starting left tackle to injury since then. Yes, they've played much better, but the media simply giving them the game in two weeks, is a bit premature.

Ohio State has the same receivers, the same running backs, and the same quarterback right now, as they had vs Oklahoma. The difference has been their competition. It should also be noted they lost their starting right guard, and starting left tackle to injury since then. Yes, they've played much better, but the media simply giving them the game in two weeks, is a bit premature.
I'd rather see the kids being the underdog in the media. Motivator. Media is just rat poison.

We were ahead of Michigan in the polls late last year. They had similarly beaten us, but by a bigger score.

If you don't think taking the opponents on your schedule to woodshed matters, look no further than this poll. OU has lost to a weak team and played close to the other teams. Buckeyes have slaughtered the last 4 teams.

At least the AP poll got Michigan and Sparty ranked proper. Hell, the coaches have Michigan ranked over Sparty AND Notre Dame.

I'd have Miami at 6, with Clemson at 7. OU 8, Buckeyes 9. Behind there it's very muddled...

Michigan drops 2 spots to No. 19 in AP Poll, MSU leap frogs the Wolverines.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/8/year/2017/seasontype/2
MSU struggled with Minny but at the end of the day...

leaky-boat-continue-to-paddle.jpg

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
Uh, fellas, this thread is about PSUNLFT being #2 in the AP poll. Could you try to show a little more enthusiasm for this fact and save the OSU discussion for another thread? Harshing my mellow.

Reactions: 46DavePSU
No victory (except the NC game) is final and no defeat fatal. As I said in another thread IMO, there is Alabama and then about 10 other teams. We'll have things sort themselves out in 3 or 4 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT