ADVERTISEMENT

NLWC on Rofkin

EiH8eFaU0AAefpl

Crap, he's flipping to Sac State.
Also, Figueroa doesn’t seem disciplined about age management. He‘s letting himself become a middle-aged man already. #worsethanverk :)

Please help me understand how this business model works. (I'm also a subscriber of Flo). I signed up for Rokfin under the NLWC. I was thinking of keeping the subscription to see what else came over the horizon. Then Cael posted October????. So I'm definitely staying in.

My question is, does the NLWC get a cut of each month's payment in perpetuity as that who I signed up through or is it only for the one month they get a cut. I want my $$ going to the NLWC. Or do the get a cut only when they put on programming?

If two separate RTCs step up, I assume they have to shake the tree on their own to get viewers and funds.

Can anyone clarify it?

Thanks
It’s an algorithm (like the one that tells you what to watch next on netflix), so I don’t think it’s entirely transparent. But I understand that, as an original subscriber to NLWC, you will continue to support them (in large part) with your monthly payment. I think that what content you access with your subscription also plays a smaller part—so reading Willie’s articles gives him some revenue too. That’s the best I can offer, maybe Willie can explain further.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
It’s an algorithm (like the one that tells you what to watch next on netflix), so I don’t think it’s entirely transparent. But I understand that, as an original subscriber to NLWC, you will continue to support them (in large part) with your monthly payment. I think that what content you access with your subscription also plays a smaller part—so reading Willie’s articles gives him some revenue too. That’s the best I can offer, maybe Willie can explain further.
Thanks Nerf, I just did not know if I should unsubscribe then resubscribe when the NLWC has their next event or to stand pat and hold the subscription.

I want to maximize the help to the NLWC and get a good entertainment value.

It's like walking out of the Walmart with the wife and by chance you exit the door that the Girl Scout cookie table is set up even though your car is parked in the next county at the other door.
(You remind the wife of the time of she was a Leader for our daughter's troop and how those cookie sales helped her.) Then you walk away with Seven boxes. It's a win win unless you finish them in two days.

Far from an expert on this, but from my experience, I know as a creator, I get the sign-up benefit and the residual renewal benefit from people who have "endorsed" my @mattalkonline channel. I also get a benefit from readers on the platform viewing my premium content.

So if you were already a subscriber from Willie or me or PA Power and you watched the NLWC stream, it's my understanding that the NLWC also gets a benefit from viewers watching their premium stream on the platform.

ALSO, there are affiliate codes baked into the shares. So if you noticed my tweets on the event, I shared a link directly from inside Rokfin's "share" button, which generated a link TO the NLWC page/article, but it had a tracking affiliate ID on the backend of the URL. This, as I understand it, also benefits the referral to mitigate content creator in-fighting by not promoting other content on the network for fear of people signing up under someone else. I think that's one avenue that needs to be better promoted among those on the platform. The relevant content I share from inside the platform is directly from the social links within Rokfin and with my affiliate ID. In a perfect world, that's how it all should be done.

From my experience, there's going to be a burst of benefit on month 1, then residual and continual benefit to the creator each additional month you stay on the platform. I didn't market anything leading up to this event promoting a signup to my channel to watch the NLWC. What I will do moving forward with my direct marketing campaigns is champion all the content you get on Rokfin, which includes stuff from Willie, PA Power, IAwrestle, NEwrestle, Scott Green, Wrestle Like a Girl, etc. Now that the NLWC has done an event, that's another added benefit to my own marketing campaign. I'm not trying to siphon off NLWC subscriptions, but I showcase the value of the network to people who directly interact with me. I got a few subs prior to the event, but every single one of them was either a current or former patron (Patreon) or had previously signed up with a free account under @mattalkonline.

I believe that the eyes on NLWC events moving forward will benefit the NLWC. I'm NOT going to say "sign up with me and watch this" in a manner of speaking, but for $10, there's really a dynamic array of stuff on the site. I'll be honest, there's also some unimpressive stuff tossed up there too, but guess what, you can unfollow accounts you feel don't provide the quality you expect. I've been dipping my toe into the Rokfin waters for about a year - I don't NEED it, but I'm not unhappy about my experience so far.

The way I understand it is there was a benefit to the creator if eyes were on a premium content item, no matter who you'd initially signed up with. Considering there were nearly 3,800 existing subscribers before the NLWC came on board, well, the NLWC got their views as well, which helps their benefit vs. only the new subs that came in as a direct result of the NLWC, so I believe the event would have brought in revenue from just existing views if NLWC had zero new subs (Which isn't realistic to expect), but just explaining that existing subs also helped the event's revenue generation as well. The spike in value also helped every creator on the site, which also makes me want to promote those events to draw in more subs so we all benefit.

I'm not 100 percent understanding of HOW it all works, but I've had a year to mess around with it and it's better than a sharp stick in the eye, that's for sure.

Far from an expert on this, but from my experience, I know as a creator, I get the sign-up benefit and the residual renewal benefit from people who have "endorsed" my @mattalkonline channel. I also get a benefit from readers on the platform viewing my premium content.

So if you were already a subscriber from Willie or me or PA Power and you watched the NLWC stream, it's my understanding that the NLWC also gets a benefit from viewers watching their premium stream on the platform.

ALSO, there are affiliate codes baked into the shares. So if you noticed my tweets on the event, I shared a link directly from inside Rokfin's "share" button, which generated a link TO the NLWC page/article, but it had a tracking affiliate ID on the backend of the URL. This, as I understand it, also benefits the referral to mitigate content creator in-fighting by not promoting other content on the network for fear of people signing up under someone else. I think that's one avenue that needs to be better promoted among those on the platform. The relevant content I share from inside the platform is directly from the social links within Rokfin and with my affiliate ID. In a perfect world, that's how it all should be done.

From my experience, there's going to be a burst of benefit on month 1, then residual and continual benefit to the creator each additional month you stay on the platform. I didn't market anything leading up to this event promoting a signup to my channel to watch the NLWC. What I will do moving forward with my direct marketing campaigns is champion all the content you get on Rokfin, which includes stuff from Willie, PA Power, IAwrestle, NEwrestle, Scott Green, Wrestle Like a Girl, etc. Now that the NLWC has done an event, that's another added benefit to my own marketing campaign. I'm not trying to siphon off NLWC subscriptions, but I showcase the value of the network to people who directly interact with me. I got a few subs prior to the event, but every single one of them was either a current or former patron (Patreon) or had previously signed up with a free account under @mattalkonline.

I believe that the eyes on NLWC events moving forward will benefit the NLWC. I'm NOT going to say "sign up with me and watch this" in a manner of speaking, but for $10, there's really a dynamic array of stuff on the site. I'll be honest, there's also some unimpressive stuff tossed up there too, but guess what, you can unfollow accounts you feel don't provide the quality you expect. I've been dipping my toe into the Rokfin waters for about a year - I don't NEED it, but I'm not unhappy about my experience so far.

The way I understand it is there was a benefit to the creator if eyes were on a premium content item, no matter who you'd initially signed up with. Considering there were nearly 3,800 existing subscribers before the NLWC came on board, well, the NLWC got their views as well, which helps their benefit vs. only the new subs that came in as a direct result of the NLWC, so I believe the event would have brought in revenue from just existing views if NLWC had zero new subs (Which isn't realistic to expect), but just explaining that existing subs also helped the event's revenue generation as well. The spike in value also helped every creator on the site, which also makes me want to promote those events to draw in more subs so we all benefit.

I'm not 100 percent understanding of HOW it all works, but I've had a year to mess around with it and it's better than a sharp stick in the eye, that's for sure.
Can't wait to see Rokfin's new promo to get more content creators.:
"Better than a sharp stick in the eye!" ~ Jason Bryant.​

Thanks for your sharing your experiences, JB.

Thanks Nerf, I just did not know if I should unsubscribe then resubscribe when the NLWC has their next event or to stand pat and hold the subscription.

I want to maximize the help to the NLWC and get a good entertainment value.

It's like walking out of the Walmart with the wife and by chance you exit the door that the Girl Scout cookie table is set up even though your car is parked in the next county at the other door.
(You remind the wife of the time of she was a Leader for our daughter's troop and how those cookie sales helped her.) Then you walk away with Seven boxes. It's a win win unless you finish them in two days.

Dont bring up Girl Scouts around LionLover.

Does Abounader still compete for Lebanon? I thought he claimed he wasn’t going to represent them anymore?

I never saw that claim anywhere, myself. And I leaned in heavily on Taylor Miller Gregorio's USA Wrestling preview, which also asserted he's been "wrestling for Lebanon" since 2018.

If you can find & source that claim, we'd all love it, thanks!

IronHead and David Taylor on the mic per IronHead on his radio show this afternoon.

As is typical with such things, I saw mixed reports of their performance during the event:

A couple were very positive:

But Katherine Shai seems to have some experience with broadcasting in similar, non-crowd, circumstances, and she & hubs Mike had some different takery:

As is typical with such things, I saw mixed reports of their performance during the event:

A couple were very positive:

But Katherine Shai seems to have some experience with broadcasting in similar, non-crowd, circumstances, and she & hubs Mike had some different takery:

I agree w/ the criticism. It's out of character for JB to not show excitement on the mic for the action. I think the reasons I highlighted somewhere above are the main factors. I bet they improve if they do it again.

I never saw that claim anywhere, myself. And I leaned in heavily on Taylor Miller Gregorio's USA Wrestling preview, which also asserted he's been "wrestling for Lebanon" since 2018.

It did happen last year. Abounader had the misfortune of drawing an Israeli athlete at 2019 Worlds -- which meant his sponsoring country forced him to forfeit.

Instead he withdrew from Worlds and quit the Lebanese team. This caused considerable issues for his relatives living in Lebanon.

He has apparently since backed off that stance and re-joined the Lebanese team, probably to make life easier for his relatives.

Confirmation of the incident: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/September/22/US-collegians-for-other-countries

You can find some more on Abounader's tweeter, but I strongly recommend not going there. IIRC he deleted the tweet about quitting the team, and added one about being with the team.

If it were only his comments, I'd say to go ahead and read it. The problem is everyone else -- it's a vile avalanche of antisemitism that would embarrass the KKK for its stridency and lack of subtlety. There's no mistaking it -- no code words, nothing that could be misinterpreted. It's out there, naked, raw, and unfortunately very real.

So I won't go back there to dig up a link.

And anyone who does, don't say you weren't warned.

It did happen last year. Abounader had the misfortune of drawing an Israeli athlete at 2019 Worlds -- which meant his sponsoring country forced him to forfeit.

Instead he withdrew from Worlds and quit the Lebanese team. This caused considerable issues for his relatives living in Lebanon.

He has apparently since backed off that stance and re-joined the Lebanese team, probably to make life easier for his relatives.

Confirmation of the incident: https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2019/September/22/US-collegians-for-other-countries

You can find some more on Abounader's tweeter, but I strongly recommend not going there. IIRC he deleted the tweet about quitting the team, and added one about being with the team.

If it were only his comments, I'd say to go ahead and read it. The problem is everyone else -- it's a vile avalanche of antisemitism that would embarrass the KKK for its stridency and lack of subtlety. There's no mistaking it -- no code words, nothing that could be misinterpreted. It's out there, naked, raw, and unfortunately very real.

So I won't go back there to dig up a link.

And anyone who does, don't say you weren't warned.
Pyles solution re: this issue always cracked me up for its tone-deaf inanity - his stance is to just have UWW re-draw the bracket and prevent countries with this policy from having to invoke it.

Yeah, so award these countries for anti-semitism. Good thinking

Pyles solution re: this issue always cracked me up for its tone-deaf inanity - his stance is to just have UWW re-draw the bracket and prevent countries with this policy from having to invoke it.

Yeah, so award these countries for anti-semitism. Good thinking
Classic corporate "make the problem go away" mindset.

I seriously doubt Pyles is an antisemite. That stance is one of an unwitting enabler. Or if you prefer: useful idiot.

Am less charitable toward UWW leadership and other countries' sports agencies. This garbage has been going on for so long, that it's fair to assume that it's condoned -- and ask if they're delegating their own antisemitism to Lebanon and other Middle East countries.

I think it was after last Worlds or some major Intl Comp where he wasn't allowed to compete in the first round due to drawing an Israeli... But I'm guessing he then found out transferring citizenship and UWW licensing is difficult and cooler heads prevailed.

Jesus! Look out. If he keeps his speed, lord help the rest of them

He's on a completely different level compared to Hemida. Not just speed, but his timing and set ups were spectacular. Cut through him like a hot knife through butter. I really expected it to be more competitive than it was.

Gable might be able to wear him out for a period on top, but I genuinely wonder if he might have Gable's number from neutral.

He's on a completely different level compared to Hemida. Not just speed, but his timing and set ups were spectacular. Cut through him like a hot knife through butter. I really expected it to be more competitive than it was.

Gable might be able to wear him out for a period on top, but I genuinely wonder if he might have Gable's number from neutral.
It a gonna be a war between those two.

Some of the matches are uploaded now. Nevills, Durso and Page so far.

Watching the matches, I was interested in seeing how the coaches all changed out from wrestler to wrestler. I have to imagine that the NLWC/PSU coaches work some pretty long hours between PSU and the NLWC. If they are reading this thread, I'd like to thank them for what they are doing for wrestling in the United States. Hell, the world, because they have a pretty impressive roster of international wrestlers, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sullivan and Ski

It a gonna be a war between those two.
Unfortunately, it appears we might only see one year of these two at the college level.

Reactions: nerfstate
Unfortunately, it appears we might only see one year of these two at the college level.
I wouldn't usually think like this, but in this case--I was picturing World Team Trials for years to come. For the 2 of them, it is to my eyes clearly their better style.

I wouldn't usually think like this, but in this case--I was picturing World Team Trials for years to come. For the 2 of them, it is to my eyes clearly their better style.

I selfishly just want Gable to forego folk and just focus 100% on free, his ceiling is so high there and his skillset is perfect for it.

I see one other possibility for Steveson. The guy is so athletic, he might decide to go the same route as Carlton Haselrig or Stephen Neal. Someone posted that he put on about 20 solid pounds since last year. Maybe there's more to it than just wrestling.

I see one other possibility for Steveson. The guy is so athletic, he might decide to go the same route as Carlton Haselrig or Stephen Neal. Someone posted that he put on about 20 solid pounds since last year. Maybe there's more to it than just wrestling.
Maybe he'll try it, but he has the disadvantage of not playing HS or college football. Plus today's NFL is obsessed with measurable size, and he's not the tallest HWT, probably 4 inches shorter than Neal.

IMO he's more likely to follow Angle and Lesnar. Vince McMahon would care a lot more about Steveson's brand than his height.

Maybe he'll try it, but he has the disadvantage of not playing HS or college football. Plus today's NFL is obsessed with measurable size, and he's not the tallest HWT, probably 4 inches shorter than Neal.

IMO he's more likely to follow Angle and Lesnar. Vince McMahon would care a lot more about Steveson's brand than his height.
Eh, Vince does prefer his monster heels tall...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT