ADVERTISEMENT

NLWC on Rofkin

BTW, not that it was really in doubt, but I guess Kirkvliet ORS is confirmed. I received a PSU Wrestling club email about this event and it said no current PSU team members are eligible for this event.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
I purchased my month subscription this afternoon! Bonus practice coverage!

This is seriously cool. Seeing our guys and the rest of NLWC go at it in practice is some awesome access.

Reactions: nitlion6
If only we had an AA-capable backup on the roster... ;)

Being dead serious here: Do we actually think that Nevills is AA-capable, right now? He certainly didn't show AA quality last year. Maybe he was injured in his match vs Gas Tank Gary, but if he wasn't, that was a really bad loss against a guy he should have crushed.

Likewise, his match against Butterbean Cassioppi was pretty disheartening. Maybe I'm just used to watching Cassar, Nick or Jimmy Lawson rep the weight for PSU, but I was basically planning on adding 3 or 4 to the other team's total every time HWT came around by the end of the year.

Reactions: Zukovski
Being dead serious here: Do we actually think that Nevills is AA-capable, right now? He certainly didn't show AA quality last year. Maybe he was injured in his match vs Gas Tank Gary, but if he wasn't, that was a really bad loss against a guy he should have crushed.

Likewise, his match against Butterbean Cassioppi was pretty disheartening. Maybe I'm just used to watching Cassar, Nick or Jimmy Lawson rep the weight for PSU, but I was basically planning on adding 3 or 4 to the other team's total every time HWT came around by the end of the year.
It’s a loaded weight, and he has work to do, no doubt. But I think he can get there. He’s tough on top. Definitely seemed banged up toward the end of the season—or maybe the Kerkvliet fever played a part. 🤷‍♂️

Watching the practice is awesome. Totally pumped for tomorrow night.

BTW, not that it was really in doubt, but I guess Kirkvliet ORS is confirmed. I received a PSU Wrestling club email about this event and it said no current PSU team members are eligible for this event.

I’m sure covid was a factor, but so much for the “he wants to get out of school ASAP” theory...

Gwiz is in the house.

Really f*n to watch the practice. The camera angle is very tight though. Hope they have multi cameras for tomorrow but they might not ($$$).

How do we check the status of our subscription?
I think I just signed up for one month, but not sure if I need to cancel after the event.
I dont see any way to contact them.

How do we check the status of our subscription?
I think I just signed up for one month, but not sure if I need to cancel after the event.
I dont see any way to contact them.
It auto renews, but canceling is right in your account settings—look for the little person icon at top-right.

Ok guys. Been a while since I’ve been on here but I need some help. I’d love to watch the NLWC wrestle tomorrow but I have no idea how to get rokfin on my television. Please help

Cassioppi is a LOT better than you appear to be giving him credit for. 3rd best HWT in the country (at least with Kerk shirting). In the tier after Steveson and Parris, he's beaten Stencel and Hillger. Wood is likely shirting (as he's competing tomorrow). And I doubt anybody would put Cass below Orndorff.

As far as Snacks goes, he's probabaly a borderline AA candidate this year. But those other PSU comparisons are interesting. Of them, Nick was the first to start a full season -- in his 3rd year.

Nevills red-shirt was pulled because of Cassar's injury. As a true freshman......I thought he did pretty well. He certainly looked less than 100% at the end of the year. Now.....hopefully healthy with an extra 8-9 months to get stronger and wrestle with Cael, Cassar, Snyder, Kerkvilet and brother Nick......I would expect some noticeable improvement this year. Yes......I think he is AA capable. Am I picking him top 3 or 4? No.......but certainly 5-8 is possible. I am certainly expecting measurable improvement.

Reactions: danoftw
Gwiz is in the house.

Really f*n to watch the practice. The camera angle is very tight though. Hope they have multi cameras for tomorrow but they might not ($$$).
OK. I signed up. Tried to watch the practice about 3 hours later. I click on the Link for the Practice, and it takes me to the page that says the matches start in 21 hours, etc. Are things like the practice only live telecast, and not saved, or will it be posted later?

First time using Rokfin, so trying to figure it out. Following the NLWC and found Willies account.

Reactions: jbkeller72
Cassioppi is a LOT better than you appear to be giving him credit for. 3rd best HWT in the country (at least with Kerk shirting). In the tier after Steveson and Parris, he's beaten Stencel and Hillger. Wood is likely shirting (as he's competing tomorrow). And I doubt anybody would put Cass below Orndorff.

As far as Snacks goes, he's probabaly a borderline AA candidate this year. But those other PSU comparisons are interesting. Of them, Nick was the first to start a full season -- in his 3rd year.

I guess I just watch the Cass vs Nevills match and have to think, "Cassar would have planted this dude multiple times."

I know, very few people possess the kind of speed and athleticism that Anthony Cassar has, but it's almost like watching a different sport when you swap out a Cassar for a Nevills.

Reactions: Ron101
Finally excited for a sporting event again! Working on a wildfire out here and crossing fingers we won't be busy and I have time to figure out how to get this on my phone tomorrow.

I guess I just watch the Cass vs Nevills match and have to think, "Cassar would have planted this dude multiple times."

I know, very few people possess the kind of speed and athleticism that Anthony Cassar has, but it's almost like watching a different sport when you swap out a Cassar for a Nevills.

Cassar still has a year ( or Two ) of eligibility so lets not toss out the possibility :)

So Bo is still a lot closer to 86kg than 97kg. Interesting for OTT.
Yeah this is surprising to me. I thought he would be easily of 210lbs, at least, by now. This tells me he's going 86kg and FINALLY he and Taylor can let the chips fall where they may or if he's going 97 he isn't taking it very seriously with Cox and Snyder. Strange. He still has plenty of time but what's he waiting on? Lol.

Ok guys. Been a while since I’ve been on here but I need some help. I’d love to watch the NLWC wrestle tomorrow but I have no idea how to get rokfin on my television. Please help
I haven't investigated the possible ways to watch on TV, but I'm simply going to log in on my computer and connect my computer to my TV by HDMI cable.

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
OK. I signed up. Tried to watch the practice about 3 hours later. I click on the Link for the Practice, and it takes me to the page that says the matches start in 21 hours, etc. Are things like the practice only live telecast, and not saved, or will it be posted later?

First time using Rokfin, so trying to figure it out. Following the NLWC and found Willies account.
Same boat. I paid the $10 bucks in hopes ill be able to watch after the fact. Not feeling as confident now

Reactions: CentexLion

Rokfin has other 'premium content' accessible that was originally broadcast live, such as https://www.rokfin.com/stream/1807/MWC-Wrestle-Offs-LIVE ... so I would assume the event itself will be accessible after the fact. I imagine the practice was just a test-run so they can work any livestreaming kinks in advance (a lesson a certain unnamed competitor might have benefited from more than once), so I wouldn't read much into the fact that the practice isn't there anymore.

Reactions: CentexLion

I suppose people might be disappointed in current or future Lions because they aren't Taylor like, or Nolf like, or Bo like or Anthony like. Actually, Taylor, Nolf, Bo or Anthony are all somewhat disappointing if Cael Sanderson is the bar for appropriate success.
We could probably let the kid wrestle, see how he does as he matures and hope he becomes the best Nevills yet.
Just saying.

The one option would be to use your TV internet browser. I tried this on my Samsung tv and it would not open Rokfin for me. The other option for me was to take my computer which is a tower, but a laptop should also work, and connect it to the tv via hdmi. Use you tv as the monitor and your good to go.

The one option would be to use your TV internet browser. I tried this on my Samsung tv and it would not open Rokfin for me. The other option for me was to take my computer which is a tower, but a laptop should also work, and connect it to the tv via hdmi. Use you tv as the monitor and your good to go.

Guys the best option if you can spring for $30 is chrome cast. Just cast the video from your phone to the biggest TV you own. I do it all the time. Pictures, videos you have taken, streaming services like Netflix, Rokfin, Flo, youtube, .....

There is still time to run out and get one before this event at your local bestbuy, walmart, target... Just make sure you are connected to wifi to avoid burning through a lot of data.

Don't know if this will help but just discovered I could mirror my samsung phone to my samsung tv by using smart view on my phone. My son also mirrors his iphone to our tv all the time. Hope this helps.

Guys the best option if you can spring for $30 is chrome cast. Just cast the video from your phone to the biggest TV you own. I do it all the time. Pictures, videos you have taken, streaming services like Netflix, Rokfin, Flo, youtube, .....

There is still time to run out and get one before this event at your local bestbuy, walmart, target... Just make sure you are connected to wifi to avoid burning through a lot of data.

I have Chromecast, use it for YouTube TV. There was no way (that I saw) to cast the practice last night via Chromecast.

Wait..."the call": will Roar be on the mic?
Ha -- no, you're getting the best!! I did do ok on my debut with JB last year though ;).
...and sorry I didn't see your post until this morning jto. Not here much, with limited wrestling content it's easy to catch up ... though still involved in the usual ways.

Enjoyed the Flo event, looking forward to tonight even more.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT