ADVERTISEMENT

Nittany Nation or The Wrestling Room? Where did you settle?

Psalm 1 guy

Nov 3, 2019
It looks like most of us have decided to primarily post here at Nittany Nation rather than the new version of The Wrestling Room. To illustrate, while the Southern Scuffle was occurring there were only 40 posts on The Wrestling Room and over 600 posts here. I continue to follow and post on both forums but I consider this forum my go-to. Time will tell, but I am guessing that this forum will continue to be the go-to for most of us. I do wish the best for Tom McAndrew and the new site. Tom always did a great job here.

Some combination of laziness and ego eventually brought me to here and here alone. I prefer HR for my second site. I get an entirely different perspective there.

I grew weary of checking two forums only to see many identical posts. Although I posted in both, I didn't post the same thing. Then there was my experience of the new site repeatedly logging me out. And maybe subconsciously I felt duped into first creating an account there.

For many years I read what you all posted on this site before getting an account and posting myself. On3 still has the posts non-public; you have to have an account and be logged in to read them. I’ve thought about that on several occasions as I use this site more than On3.

It looks like most of us have decided to primarily post here at Nittany Nation rather than the new version of The Wrestling Room. To illustrate, while the Southern Scuffle was occurring there were only 40 posts on The Wrestling Room and over 600 posts here. I continue to follow and post on both forums but I consider this forum my go-to. Time will tell, but I am guessing that this forum will continue to be the go-to for most of us. I do wish the best for Tom McAndrew and the new site. Tom always did a great job here.
Agree! I read both sites and BWI is far more active. I suspect this will change over time the owners of the “new” Wrestling Room will put in sustained effort to secure eyeballs.

Kind of a weird topic to put here now that there’s a split. All I have to say is I’ve always liked Tom and wish the vast majority of wrestling followers were on the same site that he’s affiliated with.

What I would like to know is why is this site still using the BWI url when BWI was purchased by On3?

Nittany Nation provides all of the chatter and information I need and enjoy. However, I would like to see more from Cowbell Man and NovaLion and fewer juvenile, petty posts re Iowa. What became of Essayons?

This board never really changed, so I didn't have the impetus to try out the other one. Would be nice to have quality posters like Tom back but to me there was no compelling reason to switch.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I only use the Nittany Nation site. I am not going to ON3. I have 21 years of history on this site and another 6 years on the previous Plotit iteration of it.
That’s how I feel. There’s a scene/gif from the Simpsons I’d love to insert, but I can’t find it as hard as I try. It’s got the Springfield Squares game show and the set is on the beach. The “celebrities” - like the Simpsons version of Rip Taylor - are warned that a tsunami is coming. The old codger in the bottom corner square says - “I’ve been in this square for nigh on 30 years and I ain’t leavin”. Anyway, a massive wave comes and wipes them all out. Scene cuts back to Homer on his couch who laughs and says “well, he’s dead now”

So, essentially, I’ve been on this board for a long time and you’ll have to figuratively pry it from my cold, dead hands when the time comes ‘cause I ain’t leavin’!

I'm Lazzzy, stayed here.

I do miss Tom and his even positions he took but really miss his initiating the Match threads. As some mentioned on another thread Sandy saying gentlemen clear the mats, when I saw Tom's thread my brain got excited for the match.

I'm glad to see HotShoes here from time to time. I like his positions and my daughter leases a horse.

Reactions: danoftw
I'm Lazzzy, stayed here.

I do miss Tom and his even positions he took but really miss his initiating the Match threads. As some mentioned on another thread Sandy saying gentlemen clear the mats, when I saw Tom's thread my brain got excited for the match.

I'm glad to see HotShoes here from time to time. I like his positions and my daughter leases a horse.
I was going to mention how well Tom set you guys up ahead of time for events. That certainly has to be missed. Maybe the new administration here will note that.

Reactions: LHavenlion
In some ways, it feels redundant to post on both forums. Once it was established this forum wouldn't go anywhere (and Clay would take over), I figured On3 wouldn't gain a ton of traction. I feel if this one went away then the other one would be booming. I really try my best to contribute to On3 but literally just forget it exists sometimes since this is my go to. I feel bad because Tom really worked hard to build this one up.

I try to do both out of loyalty to Tom -- he earned it.

But it's not a 50-50 split. The crowd here is better. The crowd over there is like the 247 board -- I learn less and the entertainment is largely unintentional.

247 has some insiders though: alb409, psuyankee23 and this board's favorite, Brantt

It's a way larger board so you're bound to get a few more PSU fans who might know a thing or two

Agree! I read both sites and BWI is far more active. I suspect this will change over time the owners of the “new” Wrestling Room will put in sustained effort to secure eyeballs.
I think that to attract non-registered users, they’ll need to make the posts public. You’re not going to attract new users to a forum they can’t read.

I think that to attract non-registered users, they’ll need to make the posts public. You’re not going to attract new users to a forum they can’t read.
Exactly. The moment they require payment to read, they're dead in the water.

Exactly. The moment they require payment to read, they're dead in the water.
You don't need to pay to read, you just need to create an account.

Right now I'm still on both, will probably just stick with the BWI On3 sometime soon as I'm tiring of following both. This one tends to be more granular, but I really only need the highlights.

Last edited:
That’s how I feel. There’s a scene/gif from the Simpsons I’d love to insert, but I can’t find it as hard as I try. It’s got the Springfield Squares game show and the set is on the beach. The “celebrities” - like the Simpsons version of Rip Taylor - are warned that a tsunami is coming. The old codger in the bottom corner square says - “I’ve been in this square for nigh on 30 years and I ain’t leavin”. Anyway, a massive wave comes and wipes them all out. Scene cuts back to Homer on his couch who laughs and says “well, he’s dead now”

So, essentially, I’ve been on this board for a long time and you’ll have to figuratively pry it from my cold, dead hands when the time comes ‘cause I ain’t leavin’!
www.frinkiac.com

Reactions: Dogwelder
The URL is still BWI
Yeah, redirecting a subdomain without breaking old links (e.g., bwi.forums.rivals.com/thread/link to nn.forums.rivals.com/thread/link), of which there are surely hundreds of thousands, is tricky and not something a moderator can do. It's something on some Rivals sys-admin's to-do list though, I would imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnstownsteel
I signed up for On3 when everyone was being told this forum would go away. There didn't seem to be an option. But once that didn't happen, there was really no reason to go anywhere else. This is home. Let's take good care of it.

tumblr_inline_ozdirldFAb1tg5wat_540.jpg

I left McAndrew/BWI just before the split after 25 years because of the politically driven sensorship. Became intolerable even in sports related topics. Will never give them another dime which (as best I can tell) eliminates even reading their board.

Was happy to see this board maintain same style and format under new leadership, tho experience hasn’t been great so far. No fault of the management, but for now will lurk. Don’t
need any inside access to the wrestling program anymore, and posting news has been more trouble than it’s worth.

I enjoy the head to head and tourney analysis, match previews, recruiting assessments, and non-PSU news.

… Will never give them another dime which (as best I can tell) eliminates even reading their board …
No money is needed to read and post, as has been mentioned many times, including in this thread by manatree.

Like others, I've tried to maintain both out of loyalty to Tom, but the On3 board is severely hindered by the login required wall (and the rampant messaging that a paid sub may be required). In the last week or two--I've mostly stopped posting over there, and I have a guilt complex about it.

…, but the On3 board is severely hindered by the login required wall …
But don’t most of us login to read this board, too? This board has so much activity that if we read without being logged in, then the board software would not help us keep our place in each thread. I can’t even imagine reading this board without being logged in.

But don’t most of us login to read this board, too? This board has so much activity that if we read without being logged in, then the board software would not help us keep our place in each thread. I can’t even imagine reading this board without being logged in.
Yeah, for me and you--I should have said, hinders its chances at growth. We're all maniacal insiders, but recruiting new ones is also important.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT