ADVERTISEMENT

NIL and PSU's pushback is gonna kill our records!

I was going to wait until someone else brought it up because I know he's not popular on this board. Brantt on 247 mentioned a few PSU wrestlers landed 6 figure NIL deals and the school is not approving them for whatever reason. Can we get some big guns involved? This can be very bad if it isn't fixed.

I was going to wait until someone else brought it up because I know he's not popular on this board. Brantt on 247 mentioned a few PSU wrestlers landed 6 figure NIL deals and the school is not approving them for whatever reason. Can we get some big guns involved? This can be very bad if it isn't fixed.
They will 100% leave

Reactions: Dogwelder
How can they disapprove if the deals meet the NCAA’s criteria? Something’s fishy there.

How can they disapprove if the deals meet the NCAA’s criteria? Something’s fishy there.
PA has a law that lets PSU reject any deals for certain reasons. This might potentially relate to Nike, I don't know. Program feels at crossroads right now. Like I said, need the biggest of guns involved now to get these pushed through or else this can get very ugly.

Oof talk about shooting yourself in the foot. The stubbornness and stupidity of some of these old guard people in charge is so frustrating at times. Although it could be Nike too. Big corporations tend to take exclusivity pretty seriously. If that's the case, a lot of schools might run into this issue.

I really hope Iowa doesn't run into the same issues.

Oof talk about shooting yourself in the foot. The stubbornness and stupidity of some of these old guard people in charge is so frustrating at times. Although it could be Nike too. Big corporations tend to take exclusivity pretty seriously. If that's the case, a lot of schools might run into this issue.

I really hope Iowa doesn't run into the same issues.
There's more than PSU that's not allowing offers of NIL but I'm sticking to PSU on this one bc we cant lose these kids!

Reactions: Dogwelder
I am skeptical that there is any fire with this smoke. Can someone link a reputable report of a deal being officially rejected? I doubt this would stand a legal challenge at this point, this horse is out of the barn.
So then you will sit back and watch until a "reputable" source comes out.. It will be to late!

Reactions: michnit
I am not sure what outraged folks on a message board will do. I think the process will work out. There are bound to be wrinkles and bumps in something this new.

Reactions: ccdiver
These companies like NIKE wield tremendous power...Sanderson's Asics deal seemed to evaporate after PSU signed with Nike...coincidence?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
And Nike has contracts with Iowa, Michigan, tOSU… if kids are jumping ship bc of Nike, they could all end up at Maryland! Let everything play out…

Reactions: ccdiver
Penn State had a deal with Nike long before Sanderson was even a glimmer in Penn State’s eye.
since the early 90's...point being, Sanderson had a pretty cushy shoe deal with Asics and didn't renew the contract...I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nike money filled that void. Conflicts are conflicts whether it's with staff or the NIL with student athletes

since the early 90's...point being, Sanderson had a pretty cushy shoe deal with Asics and didn't renew the contract...I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nike money filled that void. Conflicts are conflicts whether it's with staff or the NIL with student athletes

Point being is that whatever happened to Sanderson’s Asics deal, it did not happen after Penn State signed a deal with Nike. The deal with Nike was in place before Sanderson came here, and I’m sure he was aware of his conflict when he came here.

Sit back and watch or speak up and tell ppl get their heads out of their @**
Competitive balance: It is unclear exactly what the other schools are doing to police NIL’s. The athletes are “go get it” types and the correct strategy is for them to push the envelope hard. As this shakes out over the next few months we will find out just what the University holds dear. NIL is in start-up phase and uncertainty rules. I’m sure this subject will be high on the agenda when the alliance (ACC, PAC, BIG) meet.

So then you will sit back and watch until a "reputable" source comes out.. It will be to late!
Too late for what? For that opportunity for anonymous message board users to influence the PSU administration's decision?

Special kind of delusion to think that we're going to have some kind of impact that Cael, athletes, and boosters don't...

So, gotta think RBY is top of the list in terms of current NIL, no? And he seems to align with a guy that is drawing a ton up in the Twin Cities. Hmmm, is his value the same there?

What’s the value of a guy (not necessarily RBY) who finishes third rather than first? Those types of dynamics are what make this new territory hard to predict.

Why isnt brannt popular?

Why arent these athletes bringing it out on social media?

Why arent leaking it to flo or willie to get out there?

My opinion is that some of the students/athletes had the PSU logo in the background of videos and pics they were using on social media. This is a minor issue and will be easily solved.

Reactions: The Shelter
Too late for what? For that opportunity for anonymous message board users to influence the PSU administration's decision?

Special kind of delusion to think that we're going to have some kind of impact that Cael, athletes, and boosters don't...
Perhaps there's a booster who doesn't know it's going on. Perhaps they are silently watching this board.. U never know.

Reactions: Ski and Dogwelder
Outside of the starting QB at Alabama, the majority of SEC quarterbacks are getting deals between $5,000 and $50,000.

You honestly think Penn St. wrestlers are getting 6-figure deals when the starting QB at Georgia is making half that? What kind of crazy pills are you people on?

Outside of the starting QB at Alabama, the majority of SEC quarterbacks are getting deals between $5,000 and $50,000.

You honestly think Penn St. wrestlers are getting 6-figure deals when the starting QB at Georgia is making half that? What kind of crazy pills are you people on?

In the SEC pecking order, Missouri football players might end up owing money in the new NIL climate.

What kind of crazy pills are you people on?

Tropic-Thunder-You-People-meme-gif.gif

ADVERTISEMENT