ADVERTISEMENT

NIL - 9.5M

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
QB to Miami (College) for 9.5 M, probably more than he would get as a Pro, why bother with classes, who is watching the tax man? What happened to the QB from OSU, who said something like we aren't here for class, not exact quote. Hoping not the young man who was hit on the road in Ft. Lauderdale. Certainly not amateur sports.

• Wow
Reactions: JimNazium
QB to Miami (College) for 9.5 M, probably more than he would get as a Pro, why bother with classes, who is watching the tax man? What happened to the QB from OSU, who said something like we aren't here for class, not exact quote. Hoping not the young man who was hit on the road in Ft. Lauderdale. Certainly not amateur sports.
He turned down $11 million from Florida. I guess it's not all about the money.

Good for him. Make that money young man.

Reactions: psugo
We were on him 8-10 months ago. He visited twice. Then he suddenly dropped off our radar and we went with Stokes. Wonder if NIL caused this?

I read somewhere he's a marvel at 7-on-7, but his legit game stats, with 2-3 D1 WRs are middling at about 52% completion.

Reactions: jbenedict
Yeh...good question. I'll bet their sponsors will apply all kinds of pressure to the coaches to get their "investments" playing time.

It was Cardale Jones who said he didn’t go to to “play school”. He was a freshman who says things (still does) to be funny. He admitted later that it was a stupid thing to say and didn’t realize how many people would see that.

What happened to him? He led the Buckeyes to a Nationdd as l Championship and graduated in 2017, taking classes in the NFL off-season .
The young man hit by the truck was Dwayne Haskins. He had issues in the NFL but he was a first round draft pick and academic All Big 10.
im sure more than you wanted to know, but you asked.

I don't believe it, no way somebody is paying $9.5M in for a high school QB to play at Miami that isn't name Arch Manning. that story makes no sense especially when Florida said they never talked to him.

Reactions: bison13 and hlstone
It will take a few years but once the donors and corps realize there is zero ROI these deals will dry up. Until then I’ll just laugh as they burn money. A local sports talk host in Cincy said it best. He thought the intent of NIL was to give proven athletes who are selling tix merch etc to get additional money to compensate for their contributions. HS kids with zero impact on those things coming in shouldn’t be included. We shall see.

Reactions: bison13
It was Cardale Jones who said he didn’t go to to “play school”. He was a freshman who says things (still does) to be funny. He admitted later that it was a stupid thing to say and didn’t realize how many people would see that.

What happened to him? He led the Buckeyes to a Nationdd as l Championship and graduated in 2017, taking classes in the NFL off-season .
The young man hit by the truck was Dwayne Haskins. He had issues in the NFL but he was a first round draft pick and academic All Big 10.
im sure more than you wanted to know, but you asked.
He said it to be funny like AJ Hawk just happened to have $10k laying around in his apartment and Mo Clarett just happened into expensive SUVs and an upscale apartment months after leaving the hood where he grew up. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bison13
He said it to be funny like AJ Hawk just happened to have $10k laying around in his apartment and Mo Clarett just happened into expensive SUVs and an upscale apartment months after leaving the hood where he grew up. :rolleyes:
And exactly why I think nil will hurt osu. Kids that want money can go anywhere now. And seriously who wants to live in Ohio?

Reactions: Online Persona
It will take a few years but once the donors and corps realize there is zero ROI these deals will dry up. Until then I’ll just laugh as they burn money. A local sports talk host in Cincy said it best. He thought the intent of NIL was to give proven athletes who are selling tix merch etc to get additional money to compensate for their contributions. HS kids with zero impact on those things coming in shouldn’t be included. We shall see.

NCAA and the schools could have gotten ahead of this by giving players a cut of the revenue and been able to dictate a lot of the terms. Instead they sat on their hands and now have zero input.

NCAA and the schools could have gotten ahead of this by giving players a cut of the revenue and been able to dictate a lot of the terms. Instead they sat on their hands and now have zero input.
that was never going to happen at these dollars we are talking about. they attempted that in the stipend money's that players were given which I think was in the $5K range. But no way were colleges going to start openly paying players hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Miami (FL) football hasn't existed since they got blown in the wind in The Last of the Rock by LSU in 2006- stiff armed into the stands by a Bubba Gump named Hester no less. Paying huge bucks for a dude here and there isn't gonna change that. Shifters, Simps, n Tourists- not a red meat cfb area.

Last edited:
that was never going to happen at these dollars we are talking about. they attempted that in the stipend money's that players were given which I think was in the $5K range. But no way were colleges going to start openly paying players hundreds of thousands of dollars.
There’s room between the stipend and 100s of thousands that probably would have stemmed the tide.

regardless we are where we are. No going back.

There’s room between the stipend and 100s of thousands that probably would have stemmed the tide.

regardless we are where we are. No going back.
i don't think there was. the lawsuits were out there not asking for a little bit of money. they were lawsuits to have full ability to have your own NIL. so there was no partially pregnant on this one. maybe could have somehow delayed it for a few years but once the lawsuit occurred it was just a matter of time to get here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT