ADVERTISEMENT

Nico Megaludis

Bummer. I kinda wondered if something was up. I saw him Saturday before the match walking into the restroom. He had a massive knee brace on and walked with a pretty straight leg.

As disappointed as this setback is, Nico's post indicates he knows wrestling is simply something he does & is not who he is. Great perspective. I personally am bummed not to get to see him compete but whatever is next for him, I am sure he will succeed.

Ugh. Awful timing. I didn't even know he'd had knee surgery months back. Nice responses to the Instagram post from other wrestlers.

Reactions: diggerpup
I forgot how hard Johnson was advocating for stall calls against Nico. He was really squawking about it early. Gilman with the good handshake after the match.

Reactions: seminnylion
Nico IMO was the definition of Mr March vs expectations. He always showed up at NCAAs, he placed higher at B1Gs just ONE time (his junior year) He placed 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd at B1Gs and 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st at NCAAs. Definition of clutch.

Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery Nico!

Nico IMO was the definition of Mr March vs expectations. He always showed up at NCAAs, he placed higher at B1Gs just ONE time (his junior year) He placed 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd at B1Gs and 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st at NCAAs. Definition of clutch.

Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery Nico!
Stud. I’m dying for us to land the next guy who could set the tone of a dual like he could.

Apart from the final, my favorite Nico moment was that clutch win against Sanders.

Stud. I’m dying for us to land the next guy who could set the tone of a dual like he could.

Apart from the final, my favorite Nico moment was that clutch win against Sanders.
Remember watching Nico quickly tech a young Darian Cruz at Lehigh, and was astonished at his motor. He was a joy to watch.

My second favorite was the match right after Sanders when in OT Nico broke Perrilli.

I forgot how hard Johnson was advocating for stall calls against Nico. He was really squawking about it early. Gilman with the good handshake after the match.
When in the 3rd period Johnson was claiming Gilman had initiated 5 or 6 straight attacks, Gilman had in reality not initiated any real attacks. Not a single shot through Nico's hands to his legs. 5 or 6 pull on the head, drop to a knee and wave at a leg wrestling for a stall call.

Sheesh..... it’s a sad day when even Nico’s knee is beating Nico in the room.

Last edited:

For me, the BIG OT semifinal win over perpetual villain Thomas Gilman in Iowa City is tough to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT