Takedowns 66
4 NF 12
2 NF 4
Reversals 7
Escapes 7
Stall Points 9
RT Points 7
Pins 4

His 7 Tech Falls have ended in 5 different ways: 4 NF, Riding Time, Stall point, TD, Reversal.

Some stats that stick out to me, he has as many reversals as escapes and even more stall points. Any match that hasn't ended in a TF or Fall, he has earned the riding time point. Also, he's given up just 1 takedown. All other points by his opponents have been escapes.

He is very simply becoming the Hoosier Zain.

If he keeps working hard, he may, incidentally, go down as one of, if not the best wrestler in Indiana history.

That would be a helluva compliment as there are some others he'd have to climb over....

Angel Escobedo
Andrew Howe
Reece Humphrey
Jason and Alex Tsirtsis

Not to mention the current group of Hoosiers making waves:
Stevan Micic
Brayton Lee
Mason Parris
Dylan Lydy (not a threat to be near the top, but having a helluva season nonetheless)
Joe Lee (coming soon)
Lucas Davidson

A couple of other names you may hear of soon:
Jesse Mendez
Silas Allred

Hoosier wrestling is alive and well!

Been doing some legwork on this captain smooth fiasco. Yes...I hate it that much. Anyway, I see there's a hip hop group out there called captain smooth. Was wondering if one our resident attorneys could give me some sweet "law speak" to use when I reach out to Cocaine Shane threatening a lawsuit for trademark infringement if he keeps saying that on the air. I doubt he's that dumb but ya never know....

Btw, I'm shocked HR hasn't picked up on this yet. If the tables were turned I'd "un-ban" myself just to antagonize them. Lol

Reactions: Ja1339 and danoftw
In Nick vs Pletcher (round 1 of 3?), are we expecting much scoring? Pletcher is really hard to score against.

Reasonable over/under for total points in the match?
10.5 maybe?

In Nick vs Pletcher (round 1 of 3?), are we expecting much scoring? Pletcher is really hard to score against.

Reasonable over/under for total points in the match?
10.5 maybe
?

I'll take the under. Pletcher is good at slowing things down. Nick Lee 5-2.

Reactions: royboy
His name should be ”Nick Will Break You”. :)

Edit: can be diminutived to NWBY, pronounced “newby”. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
That would be a helluva compliment as there are some others he'd have to climb over....

Angel Escobedo
Andrew Howe
Reece Humphrey
Jason and Alex Tsirtsis

Not to mention the current group of Hoosiers making waves:
Stevan Micic
Brayton Lee
Mason Parris
Dylan Lydy (not a threat to be near the top, but having a helluva season nonetheless)
Joe Lee (coming soon)
Lucas Davidson

A couple of other names you may hear of soon:
Jesse Mendez
Silas Allred

Hoosier wrestling is alive and well!
Chad Red, returning AA ... though someone Nick has already surpassed.

Been doing some legwork on this captain smooth fiasco. Yes...I hate it that much. Anyway, I see there's a hip hop group out there called captain smooth. Was wondering if one our resident attorneys could give me some sweet "law speak" to use when I reach out to Cocaine Shane threatening a lawsuit for trademark infringement if he keeps saying that on the air. I doubt he's that dumb but ya never know....

Btw, I'm shocked HR hasn't picked up on this yet. If the tables were turned I'd "un-ban" myself just to antagonize them. Lol
Let's go with un ban yourself then let me know how I'll go along with the antagoization of said cesspool lol

Pinch hitting for El-Jefe:
WhoppingFreeIbisbill.gif

Slick Nick would also work for me . . . but alas, no GPK that I can find.

I'm saying Lee 7 Pletcher 4. Should be a great dual, Pletcher's slick and rather hard to figure out because of his stature, but I really think Pletcher winning would be an upset in my eyes (and I know what their rankings are).
Wow- good guess Sir. I’ll be seeking ur predictions going fwd

Nick was sensational last night. This might sound crazy but I wouldn't be so disappointed if Pletcher got him at Bigs. I just think it would be very tough to go 3-0 vs Pletcher and I'd REALLY hate to see Nick win the first two and then lose in the title match. Maybe that's too pessimistic?

Nick was sensational last night. This might sound crazy but I wouldn't be so disappointed if Pletcher got him at Bigs. I just think it would be very tough to go 3-0 vs Pletcher and I'd REALLY hate to see Nick win the first two and then lose in the title match. Maybe that's too pessimistic?
You know our boy uncle Pletch is just lying in wait

I'm thinking the gap is going to spread. He broke pletcher down and has more gas in the tank if he keeps pushing pletcher can't hang

Interesting comparison to Joey McKenna last season. Nick beat him 7-6 in the dual, McKenna squeaked out a 5-4 win in the B1G final and then nipped Nick again at NCAAs 4-3.

Pletcher reminded me a bit of McKenna last night when he “slothed up” and gassed out under Nick’s top pressure. But, I don’t share NittanyChris’ pessimism this year given Nick’s dramatic improvement in every aspect of his game. True that Pletcher has also improved significantly, but I see his results this season as being mostly a function of being at the right weight. So, although I wouldn’t have said this after the dual win last year, I expect to see similar results in Nick vs. Pletcher going forward. Just like I think this year’s version of Nick would’ve went 3-0 against last year’s McKenna.

Interesting comparison to Joey McKenna last season. Nick beat him 7-6 in the dual, McKenna squeaked out a 5-4 win in the B1G final and then nipped Nick again at NCAAs 4-3.

Pletcher reminded me a bit of McKenna last night when he “slothed up” and gassed out under Nick’s top pressure. But, I don’t share NittanyChris’ pessimism this year given Nick’s dramatic improvement in every aspect of his game. True that Pletcher has also improved significantly, but I see his results this season as being mostly a function of being at the right weight. So, although I wouldn’t have said this after the dual win last year, I expect to see similar results in Nick vs. Pletcher going forward. Just like I think this year’s version of Nick would’ve went 3-0 against last year’s McKenna.
I agree with you 100 percent. I do however believe Pletcher slothing out and becoming gassed is less an indictment against him rather an endorsement to the beast that Nick Lee has become. Sometimes great wrestlers can make other great wrestlers look pedestrian.

I would say if there was practically no seperation between the two 3 out of 3 would be difficult. The seperation gap is large. Anything not 3 out of 3 is a big upset.

I agree with you 100 percent. I do however believe Pletcher slothing out and becoming gassed is less an indictment against him rather an endorsement to the beast that Nick Lee has become. Sometimes great wrestlers can make other great wrestlers look pedestrian.
Big difference between McKenna last year and Pletcher this year. McKenna hit a freaking wall and just stopped. Almost like Berge last night.
Pletcher wrestled his ass off for two periods and gradually lost HP and speed. Thing is, if for the first 2 periods he doesn't wrestle his ass off at sprint pace he is losing 10 - 3 entering the 3rd and he is still gassed.

Big difference between McKenna last year and Pletcher this year. McKenna hit a freaking wall and just stopped. Almost like Berge last night.
Pletcher wrestled his ass off for two periods and gradually lost HP and speed. Thing is, if for the first 2 periods he doesn't wrestle his ass off at sprint pace he is losing 10 - 3 entering the 3rd and he is still gassed.
IIRC, McKenna was coming off a minor injury in his dual loss to Nick, which might have had something to do with him being gassed. As you said, McKenna in last year’s dual was a little like Berge last night (though BB’s injury was far from minor).

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6

Yes, I think it is. This isnt the Cenzo/Amar 50/50 type of rivalry IMO. The gap will get wider, not closer.

IIRC, McKenna was coming off a minor injury in his dual loss to Nick, which might have had something to do with him being gassed. As you said, a little like Berge last night (though his injury was far from minor).

He was indeed, then Tan Tom rolled the dice on the first match draw and made it even worse for McKenna.

Reactions: danoftw
All things being equal, Saturday was Pletcher's best chance to beat Lee. Pletcher got the first takedown and could counter-wrestle. Lee tends to do even better after first facing someone. So I am thinking Lee 3 and Pletcher 0, if they meet that many times.

Nick is simply outstanding on his finishes... Doing many things at once, driving through and up, pulling the leg/ankle... great posture. I also really liked Pletch's shot.... pulled Nick's leg pretty well. Almost had it two other times. Next two matches are going to be fun. I'll take Nick and his finishes.

All things being equal, Saturday was Pletcher's best chance to beat Lee. Pletcher got the first takedown and could counter-wrestle. Lee tends to do even better after first facing someone. So I am thinking Lee 3 and Pletcher 0, if they meet that many times.
Heaven only knows. We'll just have to wait and find out. Fans can think this way, but the wrestlers sure can't. Nick was back at it Sunday, working on improving.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Nick is simply outstanding on his finishes... Doing many things at once, driving through and up, pulling the leg/ankle... great posture. I also really liked Pletch's shot.... pulled Nick's leg pretty well. Almost had it two other times. Next two matches are going to be fun. I'll take Nick and his finishes.
I haven't seen a ton of Pletcher this year--but it seems like those touch and go highcrotch/knee pull shots were a bit of a surprise to Nick. He got better at defending them after having felt it once. Will be interesting to see what adjustments are made on both sides. I think Nick's pace is going to continue to be problem for Luke though.

ADVERTISEMENT