ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Nicholas Singleton named Gatorade National Player of the Year

And next year he will have no holes to run through, just like any other back.

And next year he will have no holes to run through, just like any other back.
While I agree with you that the Oline was bad this year there were also plenty of times I watched holes open from time to time and Cain (whether due to injury or not) would tip toe to make the cut rather than plant his foot and turn up field. Also saw Keyvon run right into a Olineman’s back while a hole was opening up one spot over and plenty of times when he did get into the open field was caught pretty quickly due to his lack of burst.

All I’m saying is it was not 100% the Oline. There was plenty of blame to go around including the lack of talent in the RB room. Hopefully with the new backs and another year in the new offensive system we will see improvements.

Reactions: ram2020 and royboy
While I agree with you that the Oline was bad this year there were also plenty of times I watched holes open from time to time and Cain (whether due to injury or not) would tip toe to make the cut rather than plant his foot and turn up field. Also saw Keyvon run right into a Olineman’s back while a hole was opening up one spot over and plenty of times when he did get into the open field was caught pretty quickly due to his lack of burst.

All I’m saying is it was not 100% the Oline. There was plenty of blame to go around including the lack of talent in the RB room. Hopefully with the new backs and another year in the new offensive system we will see improvements.
Sorry but it's the offensive line. Is, was, has been and will be, until this coach changes his philosophy.

Fantastic. We recruit the top player in the nation and people whine? My God we've become the University of Michigan.

CoolScornfulHart-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
823 whines about EVERYTHING!
But knows everything; just ask him. I agree with the other poster. Sure the was bad, but the RBs compounded the problem. Didn’t see a burst all year from any of them. They all looked like they were running in mud. Congrats to Nick.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Well it wasn’t 100% the O-line!

Just my $.02:

70% - O-Line

15% - Play call & design, every play a slow developing handoff to a sole back from a shotgun QB. No two back sets, no quick toss sweeps, etc. A better schemed running attack would help the O-Line AND the RBs!

15% - Running backs

Reactions: manilion

Just my $.02:

70% - O-Line

15% - Play call & design, every play a slow developing handoff to a sole back from a shotgun QB. No two back sets, no quick toss sweeps, etc. A better schemed running attack would help the O-Line AND the RBs!

15% - Running backs
A large percentage was the quarterback. You can’t run a one back offense when your quarterback is injured and can’t run. All you have to do is follow the running back to stop the run and play. There’s nobody else to run the ball

Just my $.02:

70% - O-Line

15% - Running backs
The TEs, particularly Strange, were terrible blockers and deserve at least 20% of the blame.

Sorry but it's the offensive line. Is, was, has been and will be, until this coach changes his philosophy.
Like others have said ..... go away troll . Like you know what Singleton will do?

Last edited:
Watching highlight video's, what I really like about Singleton is how aggressive he hits the holes. I generally don't mind a back who slows down and picks his spots but I am not sure if that is something that can be afforded in this offense. He will be a great one.

ADVERTISEMENT