ADVERTISEMENT

Nice 2016 Recruiting Article (link)

Incredible offer list for Pryts

Would be a huge get

Hopefully a 9 or 10 win season makes it even easier to reel in Menet, McGovern, Hamlin and 4 or 5 D lineman

Hoping we get; Menet, McGovern and Angeline in-state.

The DE from Camden Ron Johnson. Then sleep out on every good dt's porch we have a shot at..

This post was edited on 3/13 11:35 AM by Mister Magoo

Re: Incredible offer list for Pryts

Menet is 99% to PSU from what I hear but hes making sure and doing his due diligence. In the end it will be the biggest shocker of the year if he doesn't choose us. There are a lot of PSU ties there which may not be obvious. Just waiting for the signal in the coming months.

This post was edited on 3/15 2:29 PM by LionsandBear

True that

If there is a JUCO or Prep school DT that meets the requirements - gotta' try to reel him in as well.

If Antoine White and Parker Cothren look good. I'd red-shirt Barney

We are going to lose Zettel. And, there's a good chance AJ goes pro if he has a good year.

In retrospect....it too bad they didn't redshirt Barney last year

Who could have supposed that both Cothren and Smith would have filled in as well as they did as 3rd and 4th DTs....or that both Zettle and Johnson would not only play so well - but also remain healthy.

I don't know if Barney ended up taking even 50 snaps last year (I think he missed some time with a broken hand?)......but that's the kind of stuff you just can't anticipate.

I think it might be wise - assuming everyone remains healthy through the summer...to at least start the season with Barney on the sidelines - and only put him out there if one of the other guys has a fairly significant lost-time injury in the 1st half of the season.

One would think he would - if he is still around - be a contender for a starting spot in 2016.

I agree, as has previously been discussed. I think Carter plays DT by 2016,

And he may play there in 2015 if he is gaining wt. as has been reported. Zettel played some DT at 255 as a redshirt fr.

Having Carter with some DT experience and Barney back would go a long way to forming a good DT rotation in 2016. Along with White, Parker C., and Windsor..... I am looking for Dowrey to be back at DT this spring as well, with 2 years left to play...

Could they redshirt Barney?

I thought JUCO's had 2 years to play 2.

Most of them have 3 to play 2

He can be red-shirted. Paris Palmer can't because he sat out a year after high school.

I'm hoping some of the in-state guys

that are high on us commit soon. Menet, Mcgovern, Angeline, Hamlin. It will be big for showing out of state talent (Gary, Betiku, Johnson, Jordan, Williams, Davis) that we are building something special with the 2016 class.

Still think it could be a top 5er but need commits to start coming in.

I am very comfortable with this staff. It's clear they can get kids. Now,

the question is, can they get wins? I am optimistic.

how are some of these players going to ever qualify with 2.3 core gpa and the higher SAT/ACT scores? I like the principle, but I think if you just take the Rivals 250, we may have 50-100 not qualify.

some jr colleges are going to get rich with non-qualified players.

Nice find Greg.

Tar Heels win!!!

SWEET!

laugh.r191677.gif

Plenty of charter schools....

cyber schools, and transcript enhancers out there. The NCAA said 1/3 of the D1 athletes last year would not make the cut if the 2016 parameters were in place.

Watch and see how much more "college ready" all those guys are going to be this year. LOL

The places that are going to "get rich" are the cyber/charter/just-make-it-up-as-you-go-along "schools" like the one in Elkton (Eastern Christian?) and the Deion Sanders Prep Schools.

Betiku is not coming east with a USC offer. Just saying. Simmons and Johnson will do just fine, IMO! Focus should be on lineman and LB's. A TE would be nice and a couple of DB's. But this class should be "large".....

ADVERTISEMENT