ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoff Thread

Literally.
E5Ey1EoXMAQlz9P

cb6252d0-d8de-11eb-8fbf-6818bb5557d1

There are 6 grams of gold in a medal, which is .2 ounces. So, in today’s market, it’s worth $373.00. Carey Price, no Cup for you!

Tough call, but 2021 Vezina Trophy goes to Marc-Andre Fleury​

James O'Brien
Tue, June 29, 2021, 5:53 PM

0444413e65f50e2bda5caf22c7d43eb3

Golden Knights goalie Marc-Andre Fleury put an exclamation point on an unlikely season by winning the 2021 Vezina Trophy. Fleury beat out Vezina Trophy finalists Philipp Grubauer (Avalanche) and Andrei Vasilevskiy (Lightning).
The NHL’s 31 GMs vote on the Vezina Trophy, which is given to the goaltender “adjudged to be the best at this position.”
Vasilevskiy won the 2019 Vezina Trophy, while Grubauer and Fleury were first-time finalists.

Fleury wins 2021 Vezina Trophy; Voters had strong choices​

- ADVERTISEMENT -

For a significant chunk of the 2020-21 season, it seemed like Vasilevskiy would be an obvious choice for the 2021 Vezina Trophy. Vasilevskiy slipped ever so slightly, though, opening the door for Marc-Andre Fleury, and others.
Fleury went into the 2020-21 season as Robin Lehner‘s expected backup. Instead, he won his first Vezina Trophy. Fleury went 26-10-0 in 2020-21, sporting a fantastic .928 save percentage and 1.98 GAA. Fleury also checked out by analytics metrics, including a Goals Saved Against Average of 20.12.
All three goalies enjoyed excellent seasons, but by certain metrics, Vasilevskiy and Fleury boast better Vezina arguments than Grubauer. (Personally, it was a mild surprise to see Grubauer’s name alongside Vasilevskiy and Fleury.)

None of that is to say the Grubauer had no business in the 2021 Vezina conversation; instead, the point is that there were some other strong candidates. Juuse Saros carried the Predators to a playoff berth with a blistering finish. Semyon Varlamov ranked as the latest Islanders goalie to put up elite numbers. When you consider the often-porous Jets defense, 2020 Vezina Trophy winner Connor Hellebuyck made a strong case as a finalist, too.
Check out the voting results for the Vezina Trophy:
Vezina Trophy voting Fleury Vasilevskiy

via the NHL

LOL!!!

Just goes to show you 'voters' often make mistakes! -See Joe Biden as well.

Tough call, but 2021 Vezina Trophy goes to Marc-Andre Fleury​

James O'Brien
Tue, June 29, 2021, 5:53 PM

0444413e65f50e2bda5caf22c7d43eb3

Golden Knights goalie Marc-Andre Fleury put an exclamation point on an unlikely season by winning the 2021 Vezina Trophy. Fleury beat out Vezina Trophy finalists Philipp Grubauer (Avalanche) and Andrei Vasilevskiy (Lightning).
The NHL’s 31 GMs vote on the Vezina Trophy, which is given to the goaltender “adjudged to be the best at this position.”
Vasilevskiy won the 2019 Vezina Trophy, while Grubauer and Fleury were first-time finalists.

Fleury wins 2021 Vezina Trophy; Voters had strong choices​

- ADVERTISEMENT -

For a significant chunk of the 2020-21 season, it seemed like Vasilevskiy would be an obvious choice for the 2021 Vezina Trophy. Vasilevskiy slipped ever so slightly, though, opening the door for Marc-Andre Fleury, and others.
Fleury went into the 2020-21 season as Robin Lehner‘s expected backup. Instead, he won his first Vezina Trophy. Fleury went 26-10-0 in 2020-21, sporting a fantastic .928 save percentage and 1.98 GAA. Fleury also checked out by analytics metrics, including a Goals Saved Against Average of 20.12.
All three goalies enjoyed excellent seasons, but by certain metrics, Vasilevskiy and Fleury boast better Vezina arguments than Grubauer. (Personally, it was a mild surprise to see Grubauer’s name alongside Vasilevskiy and Fleury.)

None of that is to say the Grubauer had no business in the 2021 Vezina conversation; instead, the point is that there were some other strong candidates. Juuse Saros carried the Predators to a playoff berth with a blistering finish. Semyon Varlamov ranked as the latest Islanders goalie to put up elite numbers. When you consider the often-porous Jets defense, 2020 Vezina Trophy winner Connor Hellebuyck made a strong case as a finalist, too.
Check out the voting results for the Vezina Trophy:
Vezina Trophy voting Fleury Vasilevskiy

via the NHL

LOL!!!

Just goes to show you 'voters' often make mistakes! -See Joe Biden as well.
Must be a misprint, where's Carter Hart? 🤣

Congrats to the Bolts!!! Hard to believe they have more Cups than my home team.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Guy LaPointe says: Hi!
Guy Gerard Lapointe is a Canadian former professional ice hockey defenceman who played for the Montreal Canadiens, St. Louis Blues and Boston Bruins in the National Hockey League. He currently serves as Coordinator of Amateur Scouting with the NHL's Minnesota Wild.

So Guy is with the Wild. Since I live in St. Paul, I’ll invite him out for lunch. 😆

My wife says that if a city cannot have an outdoor ice rink in the winter (ice frozen by actual air temperature) it should not have an NHL team. As a lifelong Canadiens fan, I totally agree.
Butt hurt much?

I do have to say I was quite impressed with the Montreal goalie the last couple of games. He’s a keeper!

First time I have watched a team I was a fan of win back to back championships. Being a transplant to SW FL has been good to me. Unfortunately I do not see PSU football ever winning back to back national championships especially with the new pay for play professional rules.

Butt hurt much?

I do have to say I was quite impressed with the Montreal goalie the last couple of games. He’s a keeper!

First time I have watched a team I was a fan of win back to back championships. Being a transplant to SW FL has been good to me. Unfortunately I do not see PSU football ever winning back to back national championships especially with the new pay for play professional rules.
Tampa has had a hell of a run after being a crappy sports town for a long time. Bolts, Bucs and Rays have all been at or near the top of the heap in the last couple of years.

I've been blessed enough to have witnessed that four times so far in my lifetime -- the Steelers twice and the Penguins twice. This of course is only counting football, basketball, baseball and hockey. As we start getting into other sports (wrestling, women's volleyball, golf, auto racing, ... and so on) the list gets pretty long. Obviously you weren't considering every sport when you made your comment.

I've been blessed enough to have witnessed that four times so far in my lifetime -- the Steelers twice and the Penguins twice. This of course is only counting football, basketball, baseball and hockey. As we start getting into other sports (wrestling, women's volleyball, golf, auto racing, ... and so on) the list gets pretty long. Obviously you weren't considering every sport when you made your comment.
That’s true, but I was thinking major sports such as pro football and CFB and men’s CBB, the latter two which can now officially be called professional sports.

Butt hurt much?

It was a joke and my butt is just fine, thanks….Regardless, congratulations on seeing your squad win the Cup. They certainly have a great team…I was fortunate enough to see the Twins in person win it all in 87 and 91. A long time ago but I still can recall the feeling of tremendous excitement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT