ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency & Trades -- 2019

Tangentially related; Kareem Hunt suspended for eight games. Browns picked him up as a FA but this may or may not affect their attempts to trade Duke Johnson.
Any idea whether time missed last season counts toward the 8 games? Fantasy owners want to know.

Cornerback Ronald Darby opened Friday as the top unsigned player on PFT’s Free Agent Top 100, but someone else will have that spot on Saturday.

The Eagles announced on Friday afternoon that the have re-signed Darby to a one-year deal. Darby, who was No. 18 on our free agent list, visited the Chiefs befor

Good news Eagles fans. I think

Reactions: WestSideLion
Is Mike Wallace still with the Eagles?

no. He signed a 1-year contract for 2018, and then spent most of the year injured. There was some thought he might be brought back on the cheap, but with the trade for DeSean Jackson, the Eagles have their deep threat. Wallace is an unrestricted FA.

no. He signed a 1-year contract for 2018, and then spent most of the year injured. There was some thought he might be brought back on the cheap, but with the trade for DeSean Jackson, the Eagles have their deep threat. Wallace is an unrestricted FA.
If history offers lessons, the Eagles shouldn’t rely on only one WR as their deep threat. They need someone out there each week. DJAX and Wallace have had their share of dings.

If history offers lessons, the Eagles shouldn’t rely on only one WR as their deep threat. They need someone out there each week. DJAX and Wallace have had their share of dings.

I don't disagree. It probably comes down to $$ and health. Wallace signed a $2.5 Mill contract last year, which with incentives could have paid out as much as $4 Mill. I'd be surprised if the Birds were willing to pay that much for a backup, though prices are pretty high in this offseason.

Reactions: WestSideLion
So who is going to run the ball for the Eagles - seems like a real position of need that they haven't done anything with - Miles Sanders anyone?

Reactions: Kmase21 and bmw199
Howie generally shoring up all of their needs before the draft. BPA draft other than RB. I'd still be surprised if they went RB in round 1. I suspect a Blount reunion is also possible before the draft then take someone like Miles.

Be shocked if OT wasn't taken in the first two days. DT, S, & LB the other possibilities.
R1: DT
R2: S
R2: OT
Trade into R3 for RB
R4: LB
R4: OG
all depending on who the best guy is on the board. I'm just going off of where depth is in this draft.

Reactions: sluggo72
Howie generally shoring up all of their needs before the draft. BPA draft other than RB. I'd still be surprised if they went RB in round 1. I suspect a Blount reunion is also possible before the draft then take someone like Miles.

Be shocked if OT wasn't taken in the first two days. DT, S, & LB the other possibilities.
R1: DT
R2: S
R2: OT
Trade into R3 for RB
R4: LB
R4: OG
all depending on who the best guy is on the board. I'm just going off of where depth is in this draft.
If they wait for a RB, then it’s the last two years all over again when they missed on Dalvin Cook, Kareem Hunt (I know), Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, etc.

If they’re serious about upgrading the position, they need to be prepared to act at #25 or trade up into the 30s with their later picks. Waiting until their picks in the 50s is too late in a RB-weak draft, I fear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT