ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency & Trades -- 2019

Apparently everyone is in agreement that the Giants trading Beckham for the 17th pick (and a later pick along with Jabrill Peppers) was beyond stupid.

My question... does anyone see the Giants packaging their 2 picks (6 and 17) along with their 2020 first round pick and moving up to get Murray? I could see them wanting to.. whether it would be enough...

The thought of having SB and Murray in the same backfield (presuming the OL shows improvement, obviously... and that the Giants can pcik up a free agent WR or draft a good one)... well, if Murray is as good as advertised, they'd sure be fun to watch... not so much to defend.

I was never a Beckham fan.. always felt his attitude outpaced his talent. JMO

Anyway, probably a reach... but it'd be fun to see Saquon have a chance to really cut loose.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Apparently everyone is in agreement that the Giants trading Beckham for the 17th pick (and a later pick along with Jabrill Peppers) was beyond stupid.

My question... does anyone see the Giants packaging their 2 picks (6 and 17) along with their 2020 first round pick and moving up to get Murray? I could see them wanting to.. whether it would be enough...

The thought of having SB and Murray in the same backfield (presuming the OL shows improvement, obviously... and that the Giants can pcik up a free agent WR or draft a good one)... well, if Murray is as good as advertised, they'd sure be fun to watch... not so much to defend.

Anyway, probably a reach... but it'd be fun to see Saquon have a chance to really cut loose.

Does a star WR ever make or break a team? I feel like this was a pretty good deal for both teams - Browns get a play maker for Mayfield, and the Giants stockpile early picks to re-build. What am I missing?

Does a star WR ever make or break a team? I feel like this was a pretty good deal for both teams - Browns get a play maker for Mayfield, and the Giants stockpile early picks to re-build. What am I missing?
Where were you when Matt Millen was GM of the Detroit Lions...

I agree on your assessment of OB, can’t see throwing away so many picks on an undersized player from a non pro-set offense.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Where were you when Matt Millen was GM of the Detroit Lions...

Admittedly I didn't follow his reign at Detroit very closely, but recall him taking at least two WR's very high in the draft. A WR can be a key component to a team when everything else is fairly solid (as the Browns appear to be trending), but is not as useful when disgruntled by an aging QB and poor OL play (as was the case with the Giants). How was Millen's tenure? Did he make other poor draft choices? I thought their QB would be a star, but pieces just didn't fall into place.

Admittedly I didn't follow his reign at Detroit very closely, but recall him taking at least two WR's very high in the draft. A WR can be a key component to a team when everything else is fairly solid (as the Browns appear to be trending), but is not as useful when disgruntled by an aging QB and poor OL play (as was the case with the Giants). How was Millen's tenure? Did he make other poor draft choices? I thought their QB would be a star, but pieces just didn't fall into place.
I think Millen used three consecutive first round picks on receivers and two were busts.

I think Millen used three consecutive first round picks on receivers and two were busts.

Did the Giants have to deal their first round pick? If not, they got a better deal than the Steelers did with Brown and I think Brown is better.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Did the Giants have to deal their first round pick? If not, they got a better deal than the Steelers did with Brown and I think Brown is better.

Brown is 5 years older and has a litany of legal problems staring at him right now. I think the Steelers did just fine. Especially if they can get the middle LB they desperately need.

In the other circus tent, Bell ended up getting paid less than the Steelers offered to pay him last year.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
D1oAi1dW0AAIOsn.jpg:large

Hoping that is his wife and not the signing bonus.....

Brown is 5 years older and has a litany of legal problems staring at him right now. I think the Steelers did just fine. Especially if they can get the middle LB they desperately need.

In the other circus tent, Bell ended up getting paid less than the Steelers offered to pay him last year.
Is that right? The Steelers offered him one guaranteed year. His deal with the Jets gives him $31 million guaranteed. The money in the bank seems to be what drove the deal.

Tangentially related; Kareem Hunt suspended for eight games. Browns picked him up as a FA but this may or may not affect their attempts to trade Duke Johnson.

ADVERTISEMENT