ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's MD game moved to Friday night....

Is it true mathematicians use the Algorithm method of birth control?
No, we use something more along these lines.
images

I don’t know what network it will be on...... but none of them (at least not the ones listed) have shown - at least over the last couple years - markets that would provide more eyes than crappy Saturday slots.

I didn’t look up their ratings - but I would think it’s a bigger drop off for the IUs and Illinois’ of the world....... since a game w PSU/OSU/UMich is about the best chance any of then have to draw multi-million audiences, and moving to Friday kind of kiboshes that...... but I’ve never looked at what type of figures they draw over the course of a season.

Of course, it all comes down to $$$..... and if FS1 / ESPN(2) etc find that having a live program to run on a Friday night (instead of.... whatever the hell their other options would be), and are willing to pay for it - I can’t figure that’s gonna’ change.

You're correct. Regardless of the network, they'd rather have the game than whatever alternative garbage they'd show.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
night games are an excuse for bad behavior by those who don't need one to begin with

Why do we keep putting up with this bullshit? It’s to get the hell out of the big. OSU and Michigan don’t have to play why should we? We just keep saying oh that’s fine we will play than. The big is “ the big 2” and the little 10. Why do we put up with this?

Maryland can really use this as a showcase game for recruits in the DMV. Much like Pitt does.

Why do we keep putting up with this bullshit? It’s to get the hell out of the big. OSU and Michigan don’t have to play why should we? We just keep saying oh that’s fine we will play than. The big is “ the big 2” and the little 10. Why do we put up with this?

For the money, einstein.

Friday nites are high school nites period. So what happens when OSU and Michigan tell them to stick it! What happens than?

Friday nites are high school nites period. So what happens when OSU and Michigan tell them to stick it! What happens than?

Ahia State. Michigan, and PSU have told the Big Ten they will host no Friday night home games. The Maryland game is away. And before you go off again half-cocked OSU has already played an away game on a Friday night.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Yes, How did Meatchicken and da O$U get to completely opt out of Friday games but we have to do them. Tell the big10 to eff off. We play on Saturday’s, period

Reactions: odshowtime
While studying for my qualifying exams I'd work from 8-2 in an empty classroom on Saturdays and then mosey up Rte 1 to the Starlight. Remember how you'd have to drive downhill to the parking lot behind the bar? That was a nice bar, as skeevy as they come but the girls were nice and the draft was cheap.

Weren't the girls cheap too?

;):);)

Ahia State. Michigan, and PSU have told the Big Ten they will host no Friday night home games. The Maryland game is away. And before you go off again half-cocked OSU has already played an away game on a Friday night.

No-cocked.

Someone needs to tell all those High Schools that play on Saturdays to “Knock it off” because Saturdays are for college football.

Let’s face it, if you have a close connection to a high school then you will go to that game on a Friday. If not you will watch PSU.

There are many big Football fans that do not go to HS games, why because they aren’t connected to those HSs or they just rather would rather do something else on a Friday night.

I’m a big Football fan, i don’t live in the same town that i went to HS in, so I’m not going to go to some random local HS where i live.

Reactions: Sharkies
Great - more mediocre B1G football on a Friday night (Maryland exclusively filling the role of "mediocre" in this particular game). I can't wait!!!

If Jim Delaney were born 2000 years prior, the Chief Priests would have gotten off easy. To hell with having to give Judas THIRTY pieces of silver. Jim Delaney's price would have been THREE pieces of silver! That man is cheap!

Delaney should be ashamed of himself for selling out to TV, moving some B1G football to Friday nights.

IiRC, the decision to host a Friday night game is solely on the home team. I could be wrong.

I would think the extra exposure would be good for games that might otherwise not see national TV, but any PSU game will get a slot.

I don’t know if all of Rutgers’ games were televised nationally last year, so a Friday night game against Indiana might give them more exposure.

Hosting PSU is almost a given for a slot, even if it’s noon.

Seems odd that a team would use a Friday night against PSU. Maybe because they know CJF is not a fan?

Regardless, Franklin will make the most of this when recruiting MD kids.

Since the game is on a Friday night, please remember the following cheer:

"We've got spirit! Yes we do! We've got spirit! How about you?!"

:confused:

I like it for personal reasons.. skip work or work a half day and head down early afternoon. With it being late September, odds are good weather will be nice. Enjoy the day and the night football game. Get home and be able to enjoy a full college football Saturday. I enjoyed the visit the last time and plan on being there again next fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT