ADVERTISEMENT

Next up, Rutgers! And a thought or two!

However, and maybe this is just me being a Penn State homer, but Cael seems to always seek out challenges for his guys to help them learn and improve. There has been no evidence of ducking for PSU. That’s not the case here at all. It is fair to note that other coaches, have shown some ducking tendencies on occasion, though I think it’s far less frequent than is alleged.

The whole point of my comment was to express some concern for Nick and hope it’s nothing serious. That’s all. Others have conflated this, unfortunately.
Others have conflated this, which you knew they would when you posted, so who is really to blame for this, and who is really being condescending?

Again, missing the point entirely. Your condescension is showing a bit. Might want to watch that. It’s really not an attractive quality.

Back to the REAL issue at hand. What’s your best guess as to the expected absence? Nursing some injury?
My guess..illness. Probably didn't wrestle all week and coaches holding him out. That being said..who knows. No one other than Nick and the coaching staff know if he'll take the mat Sunday.

He looked fine Friday night and didn't seem to tweak anything so I don't think it's an injury.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Thank you for defining what the real issue is — I thought someone had stated a disagreement based on Lee’s eagerness and warrior qualities. My bad. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish the real points from all the unreal ones.

So, just to be clear — the real issue we are supposed to address is to speculate why Nick Lee might not wrestle Sunday? Do I have that right?

Where do my attractive qualities rank on the realness meter? It seemed like you wanted to make a point about them, but maybe I’m missing that point entirely, too. Please advise.
The “right” to speculate? As though this is some malicious discussion? I thought this was a message board?

Your condescension level has escalated. I’ll end this now, as perhaps you’re having a bad day.
It certainly doesn’t seem as though you want to contribute meaningfully in any way.

Have a pleasant day.

Thank you for defining what the real issue is — I thought someone had stated a disagreement based on Lee’s eagerness and warrior qualities. My bad. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish the real points from all the unreal ones.

So, just to be clear — the real issue we are supposed to address is to speculate why Nick Lee might not wrestle Sunday? Do I have that right?

Where do my attractive qualities rank on the realness meter? It seemed like you wanted to make a point about them, but maybe I’m missing that point entirely, too. Please advise.
YOU WON SLUSHIE!!

He has conceded!

Have a pleasant day😁

Again, missing the point entirely. Your condescension is showing a bit. Might want to watch that. It’s really not an attractive quality.

Back to the REAL issue at hand. What’s your best guess as to the expected absence? Nursing some injury?
Here’s my “best guess” for why Nick Lee is going to miss the Rutgers dual…

Nick Lee is actually part of an elite unit of operatives (disavowed of course) that brings the world’s most dangerous and elusive criminals to justice. Daybreak Sunday, he’ll be in an undisclosed location deep in the jungles near border between Columbia and Peru. Should the operation go smoothly, he should rendezvous with the evac team at 0900 and be back stateside inside 2 hours.

Unfortunately, a 4-hour layover in Dallas will prevent him from making it to Piscataway by 5pm, so he won't be able to wrestle.

I heard speculation that Nick Lee was injured during an impromptu African Safari when an elephant stomped his right knee. Rehab is not progressing as quickly as they had hoped and he'll likely miss a dual or 2.

He chops wood and carries water in season?
I thought chopping wood and carrying water were off season chores? Is there wood to be chopped and water to be carried in State College also??
Uh. Isn’t the very essence of “chop wood carry water” that you do it all the time? :)

I heard NLee was over at Bells Beach chasing the 50yr storm. Hell be back next week.

I heard NLee was over at Bells Beach chasing the 50yr storm. Hell be back next week.
I have video proof that you are correct.
bells-beach-50year-storm.gif

Every fanbase accuses every other team of ducking when a guy misses a big match for anything other than a blatantly obvious reason.

And every fanbase excuses when their own guy does the same thing.

This is just part of being a college wrestling fan at this point.
Dont go posting something reasonable on an internet forum.

He chops wood and carries water in season?
I thought chopping wood and carrying water were off season chores? Is there wood to be chopped and water to be carried in State College also??
Agree, with this weekend’s weather the wood better all ready chopped, dried, and ready to burn.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Ok, call me confused. If Brady is certified, what is lowest allowable weight, and the lowest class he can wrestle? My understanding is you certify only once. At that time you pass a pee specific gravity test as a necessary condition to certify. Then you (1) weigh in, and (2) have your body fat measured. Then your minimum allowed weigh-in for the season is the calculated weight that results from your current weight minus any body fat weight in excess of 5%. That number also gives you a lowest weight class, obviously.

Is his lowest weight class 165? Or did he weigh 165 at time of cert? Or other?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Ok, call me confused. If Brady is certified, what is lowest allowable weight, and the lowest class he can wrestle? My understanding is you certify only once. At that time you pass a pee specific gravity test as a necessary condition to certify. Then you (1) weigh in, and (2) have your body fat measured. Then your minimum allowed weigh-in for the season is the calculated weight that results from your current weight minus any body fat weight in excess of 5%. That number also gives you a lowest weight class, obviously.

The weight listed on Track is always the weight at the time of certification. Not his minimum weight for the year.

Almost always the wrestler can compete 1 class lower, quite often 2 lower, occasionally 3 lower.

To piggy back off of EJ, when Berge certified, he could have weighed 157.9 and he technically would be certified for 165. He can drop to 157 but he would have to do it in the specified timeframe that the NCAA allows.

However, and maybe this is just me being a Penn State homer, but Cael seems to always seek out challenges for his guys to help them learn and improve. There has been no evidence of ducking for PSU. That’s not the case here at all. It is fair to note that other coaches, have shown some ducking tendencies on occasion, though I think it’s far less frequent than is alleged.

The whole point of my comment was to express some concern for Nick and hope it’s nothing serious. That’s all. Others have conflated this, unfortunately.
I really, really hate those damn conflaters !!!

Respectfully disagree here. If he just had a little flu or something last week, I think he’d be eager to get on the mat by this week. The guy is a warrior. Think of Zain gutting out a win over Sorenson when he was ill. I just hope it’s not something more. All pure speculation, of course.
Retherford being sick that match is complete speculation. Zain even said after the match that he felt fine. You need not believe him, but it shouldn't be stated as fact that he was ill that match.

Retherford being sick that match is complete speculation. Zain even said after the match that he felt fine. You need not believe him, but it shouldn't be stated as fact that he was ill that match.
Suppose Zain was sick for that match. There is a huge difference between putting a sick wrestler on the mat when the opponent is Iowa than when the oppent is Rutgers. PSU does not need Lee's points on Sunday to win the dual.

Here’s my “best guess” for why Nick Lee is going to miss the Rutgers dual…

Nick Lee is actually part of an elite unit of operatives (disavowed of course) that brings the world’s most dangerous and elusive criminals to justice. Daybreak Sunday, he’ll be in an undisclosed location deep in the jungles near border between Columbia and Peru. Should the operation go smoothly, he should rendezvous with the evac team at 0900 and be back stateside inside 2 hours.

Unfortunately, a 4-hour layover in Dallas will prevent him from making it to Piscataway by 5pm, so he won't be able to wrestle.
Well hell, send to him to University Park Airport and he might make it.

Doubt it. 6-8 inches in SC on a Sunday is not a problem, except for those coming from a long distance with mountains to cross.
That would be me. 3 hour drive through eastern PA and the Poconos and then north Jersey. I'm sitting this one out, much as I enjoy stomping Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT