ADVERTISEMENT

Next up, Michigan! and a couple thoughts

What are the tiebreaker criteria for a dual?

Victories, falls/forfeits/DQs, match points from decisions/MDs/TFs?

1. Greater number of victories (Note: Forfeits, defaults and disqualifications count toward total number of victories.)

2. Combined total number of falls, forfeits, defaults and disqualifications

3. Total match points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls

4. Total near fall points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls (Example: N-2 + N-2 + N-4 = Total of 8 near fall points scored for one team)

5. Total number of takedowns scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls (Example: T-2 + T-2 + T-2 = Total of 3 takedowns scored for one team)

6. Least number of unsportsmanlike conduct calls

7. First takedown scored in the dual meet (it never gets to #7 in an Iowa match...see criteria #6)

1. Greater number of victories (Note: Forfeits, defaults and disqualifications count toward total number of victories.)

2. Combined total number of falls, forfeits, defaults and disqualifications

3. Total match points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls

4. Total near fall points scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls (Example: N-2 + N-2 + N-4 = Total of 8 near fall points scored for one team)

5. Total number of takedowns scored only from decisions, major decisions and technical falls (Example: T-2 + T-2 + T-2 = Total of 3 takedowns scored for one team)

6. Least number of unsportsmanlike conduct calls

7. First takedown scored in the dual meet (it never gets to #7 in an Iowa match...see criteria #6)

I meant from a "wait... what was that?" confusing perspective. You're saying there's a better chance that we lose at one weight than we win at another. I get it but I thought it was a little Jedi mind trickish. Or maybe I'm just dumb.

No mind tricks and you aren't dumb. All predictions on here have Lee beating Micic and many have Kerk beating Parris.

Just saying, especially losing at 141 is possible and 285 likely. I could be wrong. Just going against the grain from what some have posted/predicted. In fact, I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Fatmarc
If Kerk can avoid giving up a riding point, even if he loses, I consider that a substantial improvement and gives him a very good shot at being top 3 this year.

At this point the only concern is if Lee is out that this comes down to points in a 5-5 dual and Meredith gives up too many points to micic. Our big guns would have to increase the pressure and score bigger wins than just a 2 point win

Baseball in January?
Actually our fall season ended 2nd week of November. Winter workouts started first week of December and we had off CE and NYE. Outside of that its 2 days a week for practice.

My son then wrestles 3 nights a week, w an optional (but your expected to go) 4th night for making weight and then a day for matches.

Daughter has 3 nights regular soccer, 1 night futsal then 1 day for games. Plus basketball 2 nights with a day for games.

All we do is work and go to practices. Its nuts because we are nuts. Makes the weeks go by fast but every day feels the same.

I cant wait for fishing season.......

It is interesting that you heard this compared to what I have been told. My understanding was basically they preferred him at 57, but it was ultimately up to him since he helped regardless of weight. I was also told that he can definitely make it, but as of now is choosing not to, but a final decision on final weight has not been made.
I also heard we have a new/old 157 lber ,maybe someone else reported it but I did not see, who will most likely be the starter when ready.

I also heard we have a new/old 157 lber ,maybe someone else reported it but I did not see, who will most likely be the starter when ready.
giphy.gif

Reactions: NittanyChris
If Kerk can avoid giving up a riding point, even if he loses, I consider that a substantial improvement and gives him a very good shot at being top 3 this year.
Looking at performance THIS year, how do you NOT think Kerk isnt in top 3. I think we’ll see him Sat night in Detroit.

I would be surprised if Kerk beat Parris, elated, but also surprised.

By the transitive property:

Cael is the zen master

Start with

Yr 1 - Shak > Cassar, Cassar gains 30 lbs of muscle

Cael trains Cassar for Heavy

Yr 2
Cassar > Parris
Cassar > Gable x2

Yr 1
Parris > Kerk
Gable > Kerk

Cael trains Kerk for heavy, Kerk gets healthy and add 10 lbs of muscle.

Kerk > Parris
Gable... I'm not going to go there

Actually our fall season ended 2nd week of November. Winter workouts started first week of December and we had off CE and NYE. Outside of that its 2 days a week for practice.

My son then wrestles 3 nights a week, w an optional (but your expected to go) 4th night for making weight and then a day for matches.

Daughter has 3 nights regular soccer, 1 night futsal then 1 day for games. Plus basketball 2 nights with a day for games.

All we do is work and go to practices. Its nuts because we are nuts. Makes the weeks go by fast but every day feels the same.

I cant wait for fishing season.......

Dude.
I’m all for youth sports, but this is insane.

Toooooo much.

Looking at performance THIS year, how do you NOT think Kerk isnt in top 3. I think we’ll see him Sat night in Detroit.

He hasn't wrestled any big guns yet. His best opponents have been Gas Tank Gary and Fernandes, ranked 10th and 18th .

He hasn't had to get out from bottom against any of the guys who really handled him on top last year (Cass and Parris, basically). Once he does that, I think he can hang with anyone but Gable. If he doesn't get stuck on bottom and exhausted trying to get away, his neutral game will win the match.

He hasn't wrestled any big guns yet. His best opponents have been Gas Tank Gary and Fernandes, ranked 10th and 18th .

He hasn't had to get out from bottom against any of the guys who really handled him on top last year (Cass and Parris, basically). Once he does that, I think he can hang with anyone but Gable. If he doesn't get stuck on bottom and exhausted trying to get away, his neutral game will win the match.

Didn't he also wrestle Jordan Wood? EDIT: He wrestled Wood in March of 2021 and majored him 12-2, my mistake.

Cael is the zen master

Start with

Yr 2
Cassar > Parris
Cassar > Gable x2

Yr 1
Parris > Kerk
Gable > Kerk

Kerk > Parris

Prophetic!!!!!!!!!!!

Cael is the zen master

Start with

Yr 2
Cassar > Parris
Cassar > Gable x2

Yr 1
Parris > Kerk
Gable > Kerk

Kerk > Parris
There’s got to be a six degrees to wrestling. I’m betting we can connect most any D1 wrestler to a national championship (or at least AA) by a 6 degrees transitive property of wrestling. Should start a thread doing so.

There’s got to be a six degrees to wrestling. I’m betting we can connect most any D1 wrestler to a national championship (or at least AA) by a 6 degrees transitive property of wrestling. Should start a thread doing so.
Challenge: find the path that gets Kenny Courts a national title.

Challenge: find the path that gets Kenny Courts a national title.
Challenge accepted. I started another thread on it.

edit: wait a sec… now Biff… don’t you try to con me.

ADVERTISEMENT