ADVERTISEMENT

Next DC

They beat Baylor in the regular season, held them to 14 points. In the Big XII title game, Okie State's defense held Baylor to 242 total yards. Okie State lost because of 4 turnovers, not because of defense.

They're #1 in sacks, #1 in TFL, #3 in total defense, #5 in rush defense, and #8 in scoring defense.

I'd take that all day long. In a conference that values offense, no less.

I have no idea where he is in the contract negotiations, but word is that Okie State is pushing hard to offer him a lucrative deal to stay put. If we want in, we're going to have to spend big bucks.
Fair enough…but let’s not confuse him with Bill Belicheck…if we get him, great…but our primary problem is not defense but the offense (and general softness of the team). We will get a decent DC.

disagree. I think folks finally realized the program was bigger than one man who sadly allowed his ego to tarnish a university he once worked hard to promote.
Get lost. Paterno’s ego tarnished nothing. I guess he could have shook down the University for undeserved pay raises then you would be good with that?!

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Get lost. Paterno’s ego tarnished nothing. I guess he could have shook down the University for undeserved pay raises then you would be good with that?!
yeah...7-0 when fired unjustly. In the six years before PSU went
11-1,
9-4,
9-4,
11-2,
11-2
7-6.

Compare that to the last six years of
11-3,
11-2,
9-4,
11-2,
4-5,
7-5

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Looks like our guy is moving to the ACC to run his own program. Let’s talk about some legitimate DC Candidates that are realistic! Meaning no, Marcus Freeman isn’t coming to Penn State.
Other sites are mentions Daronte Jones of LSU. Anything to this smoke?

I am hearing a lot of back door information that Derek Mason is going to be the DC. Going to have to pay a lot of money to get him considering he is still hired.

Reactions: danvillenit
I am hearing a lot of back door information that Derek Mason is going to be the DC. Going to have to pay a lot of money to get him considering he is still hired.
Defensive coordinator Derek Mason, formally Vanderbilt's head coach, is the Tigers' highest-paid assistant on an annual basis. He signed a two-year, $3-million contract that will pay him $1.5 million annually.

That's $1 million less than Auburn paid former defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, who was tied as being the highest-paid assistant coach in the country. Mason is believed to have made a little more than $3.5 million at Vanderbilt last season based on previous years, from information gleamed from the private school's tax filings.

Defensive coordinator Derek Mason, formally Vanderbilt's head coach, is the Tigers' highest-paid assistant on an annual basis. He signed a two-year, $3-million contract that will pay him $1.5 million annually.

That's $1 million less than Auburn paid former defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, who was tied as being the highest-paid assistant coach in the country. Mason is believed to have made a little more than $3.5 million at Vanderbilt last season based on previous years, from information gleamed from the private school's tax filings.
I understand all of that.....but this is the same source I used when I said Outback Bowl and everyone flipped out on me.

Dagnabbit.

Really liked Bowen. Guess I wasn’t expecting him back on Penn State’s staff, but felt better that he was in the NFL and not a competitor in our recruiting grounds.

Reactions: MacNit07
It is a discussion board, I stated a question and asked what people thought. Please learn to read, I never said I wanted him, I said maybe kick the tires. You act like LJ coached at Lock Haven and Clarion. Guy was at Penn State and Ohio State and has been under some pretty damn high level coaches.
And there is a reason why at each of those stops he been passed over for promotions.

On top of that , Gattis is being mentioned for UVA
Gattis is candidate #3 for UVA. Poindexter pulled out over academic flexibility and assistant coaches, and it sounds like Tony Elliott has also hit a snag over him evaluating other opportunities, and UVA's academic flexibility and facilities.

Tyler Bowen the new OC at VA Tech.....JF better get someone that knows the DMV cause everyone else is.
Bowens mother lives here in the town I live in here in Va. Met her at my voting precinct when I was wearing my PSU hoodie.

ADVERTISEMENT