ADVERTISEMENT

News regarding our first football opponent (Akron)

The implied relationship in your conflation was false.

What was the finding of the finding of the 1998 investigation?

Sandusky wasn't charged. Everybody knows that.

If "2+2=4" and "3+3=6", I fail to see how it's a conflation to say "2+2=4 and 3+3=6", but fair enough.

Well, and Joe did what? Did he do a Dranov? Nope. He had mikey boy see TC.

JVP was NOT obligated to do more than that.

And I have said countless times, were he to have made further inquiries it would have opened things up and, innocent or not (we know now, but NO ONE in LE knew THEN), Jerry's guilt would have been assumed and his world ripped apart. [and if he were innocent, that's kinda unfrair.. but i digress..]

Joe let the proper authorities handle it.. .THAT was the appropriate thing to do. End of story.

What am I missing?

As regards #2, my response there is the same as to sluggo72:

Joe in 2001. He knew about the 1998 investigation, then 3 years later heard something from MM that involved these 5 phrases: "Jerry Sandusky ....... young boy ...... shower ....... both naked ........ late at night in a deserted Lasch Building."

Only folks without eyebrows wouldn't raise an eyebrow at that.

To whose perception are you referring?

are you playing dumb with me? I've seen you on twitter, so I shouldn't be surprised. nonetheless, this is too painful.....again, if your conscience is at ease believing in the "facts" that 99% of the country doesn't buy into because a certain narrative was already sold, packaged, & delivered contrary to your beliefs...and worse, any chance of a change in said narrative went down the ole sh*tter in the Spanier trial...well, sleep well, my friend.

i hope i'm wrong, and you can laugh at me one day, telling me, "i told you so".....but I'm not naive, it ain't happening.........sorry man, the fat lady has sung.

are you playing dumb with me? I've seen you on twitter, so I shouldn't be surprised. nonetheless, this is too painful.....again, if your conscience is at ease believing in the "facts" that 99% of the country doesn't buy into because a certain narrative was already sold, packaged, & delivered contrary to your beliefs...and worse, any chance of a change in said narrative went down the ole sh*tter in the Spanier trial...well, sleep well, my friend.

i hope i'm wrong, and you can laugh at me one day, telling me, "i told you so".....but I'm not naive, it ain't happening.........sorry man, the fat lady has sung.

RUTGRESPALY - go back to the rutgres board and just keep kissing their butts. You're good at that.

You are right. It was possible, in 2001, that it was nothing when "someone already investigated for inappropriate sexual behavior with children was witnessed naked with young boys in a shower late at night when nobody else was around."

But what exactly was the "upside" there in terms of not reporting to law enforcement?

The downside? As we all know, there was a TON of downside there.

Simply report to law enforcement. Let them decide if it was "nothing" or "something."
You're strengthening my argument...investigated and no charges, which means in 2001 it could certainly have been a case of "Oh no, here we go again with a baseless claim where he did nothing wrong." But I keep forgetting Joe was omniscient and knew everything about everything. If I hear someone is a stalker, then that person gets investigated and they find out he's not a stalker, he uses binoculars at night to star gaze. If that person gets arrested for stalking a few years later, what am I going to think? It's not irrational to think that people would believe he's just out star gazing again and the whole thing is being misconstrued. It's not an automatic jump to him actually being a stalker and that they got it wrong the first time.

Reactions: pkg5002
you can all take a breath; local reports are that they found one of the two zippy the kangaroo costumes so the first game should be fine.

Reactions: Zenophile
i guess that helps you....and you might even be right.....but what's the point when nobody else knows about it or believes it?

perception is reality.

in addition, the Paterno camp has been eerily quiet since the March trials.
the-western-mainstream-media-at-work.jpg

you can all take a breath; local reports are that they found one of the two zippy the kangaroo costumes so the first game should be fine.

Thank God!!!

And now that the original topic has been fully settled, this thread should be closed!

Last edited:

I'm no more interested in altering "99% of the country's opinion" than I am yours.

So a thread about the hijacking of Akron's mascot is hijacked by people arguing about the Freeh Report. Is there any thread that folks won't turn into a Sandusky/Freeh/BOT thread?

So a thread about the hijacking of Akron's mascot is hijacked by people arguing about the Freeh Report. Is there any thread that folks won't turn into a Sandusky/Freeh/BOT thread?
I'll admit that posting a photo of Jay in this thread is tantamount to provocation. It does seem noteworthy, however, that the OP then proceeded to "hijack" his own thread.

I saw this topic pop up on here a couple days ago but didn't click it. As it grew to theee pages I was confused as to how this topic could lead to three pages worth of material so I clicked it. Then I saw Michy come in off the top rope out of nowhere, baiting people to discuss JoePa again and people falling for it. What a disaster.

If Joe knew anything about an investigation in 1998, he would've only been privy to the fact there was investigation about something.. not the details of the case unless CYS/DPW violated their confidentiality laws and gave those details out. I'm not sure there is evidence that supports they did this. Assuming Joe knew about the content of the the investigation is exactly that, an assumption.. Michnitter has made that assumption and based everything on that. He could be right.. but there's just not any evidence to support his view.

Reactions: step.eng69
Sandusky wasn't charged. Everybody knows that.

If "2+2=4" and "3+3=6", I fail to see how it's a conflation to say "2+2=4 and 3+3=6", but fair enough.
A = Sandusky was investigated in 1998 (true)
B = MM told JoePa that he witnessed Sandusky naked with young boys in the shower late at night (not sure other than the single incident in 2001)

Even if B is true, then A+B does not mean JVP knew JS was investigated in 1998 for showering naked with a boy. Your "math" is flawed.

Is there factual information that MM told JVP of multiple boys? This is the first I have heard of this.

logo_sokolako_small.png

Link: http://www.sokolako.com/do-mascots-increase-school-spirit/
Do Mascots Increase School Spirit?
23/05/2017

A school mascot can be an animal or insect to a type of person, flower or other entity. Mascots have been associated with athletic teams since interschool team competition began in the post-Civil War era in the late 19th century. The school mascot in its essence is a symbol of pride in the school and a certain spirit. In many cases the answer to the question do mascots increase school spirit is self evident. As the shrine to the Nittany Lion of Penn State has illustrated it is a part of school events and celebrations. There is even a tradition that began in 1966 called Guard the Lion Shrine that takes place immediately following the Homecoming Pep Rally with guest speakers, food and beverages, and a DJ.

Part of the enjoyable experience of attending a school game is watching mascots performances. A mascot is fulfilling its purpose when it is rousing its audience. Mascots are a recognizable face or personality for a school that builds popularity with fans and boosts the team spirit at games and other community events. They add to school history, tradition and pride. It is not just about getting into a suit. Mascots even have training camps and manuals to help them play their role to the hilt.

The most memorable mascots embody the desire to support the school and are a visual representation of their affiliation with the school they are proud to call their own. Many have in fact been promoted by students such as Joe Mason of Penn State who came up with the Nittany Lion symbol, or the students who selected Cy the Cardinal for Iowa State University, Sammy the Banana Slug lobbied for by students of the University of California Santa Cruz.

The tradition of mascots in the United States goes back at least as far as the Civil War where many regiments had living mascots. In the post Civil War era, intercollegiate and interschool competition began using mascots when intercollegiate athletic games and rivalries emerged. Some schools do not have mascots. One example is the University of Michigan that does not have a mascot that entertains at games. Its athletic department has maintained there was no need of one and that one would not reflect the spirit and values of athletics at the University. It has refused to sanction one even tough over the years, mascots in a variety of wolverine costumes have been proposed. The word mascot came into the English language from a French word used to describe anything which brought luck to a household.

Mascots can be chosen without a great deal of deliberation or care. They can also be selected by popular choice as has happened more recently than it has over the years. No matter how they are selected there is a reasoning behind them. The mascots selected represent something the schools want associated with the symbol that can become a promotional tool as the most identifiable mascots have become.

When it comes to school mascots animal names predominate. Some are more common than others. A perceived image or quality associated with the animal makes some animals a more likely choice since they participate in supporting athletic teams. Hence, an eagle is a more common emblem than a slug. The more common mascots are animals associated with ferocity such as eagles, tigers, lions, bull dogs, wildcats and panthers. In the same vein, the more common human symbols are warriors, braves, chieftains, raiders, pirates. Besides animal mascots, warlike mascots account for about half of the human mascots. A martial spirit is represented in the majority of all mascot names. These mascots get the spectators to associate that spirit with the determination and will to succeed of the teams.

- Our Sponsors -
Mascots can have different uses. During games they get the crowd excited and involved in the game. They bring forth smiles and laughter with their antics and are an identifying brand, a symbol of school pride and a partner of the cheerleaders. The most identifiable mascots are ambassadors of the schools and their sport teams they have become associated with. An example is the Nittany Lion mascot of Penn State which makes more than 200 appearances each year of which only half are at sporting events, even though the inspiration for symbol came at a game between Penn State and Princeton in 1904. Being a mascot can become a career where one can earn a six figure income with a professional sports team, which is an illustration of their importance to the franchise they represent.

Mascots selection has taken different paths. Many mascots have been selected because students, school officials, locals or even reporters have given a nickname to the university or college. At BYU, in 1923 athletic coach Eugene L. Roberts in 1923 chose the cougar as the official mascot of BYU athletics because it was native to Utah and embodied the traits of strength, agility, grace, quickness and beauty he hoped BYU athletes would exemplify. Today Cosmo the Cougar is the official mascot of BYU athletics. Cosmo made his first appearance in front of BYU fans on October 15, 1953 when Dwayne Stevenson, the pep chairman of BYU, bought the costume for 73 dollars and persuaded his roommate to wear it. In 1924 a sports reporter used the description of wildcats for a game performance of the Northwestern University football team. That description became identifiable with the team. The first Willie the Wildcat mascot came to life in 1947 with a costume designed by the Alpha Delta Phi fraternity for their homecoming float. Mascots are a symbol of school spirit to rally round through losses and wins. For some students it is difficult to identify with or rally around a mascot attached to teams that do not inspire school pride with winning performances. However, as the Northwestern University football team has revealed, fortunes can change for the better. Through the lean period to the present period of improved performance Willie the Wildcat has been there for students to identify with as they stand by their team.

Source by Adriana N.

Reactions: Zenophile
ADVERTISEMENT