ADVERTISEMENT

New Walk On?

Dave Evans from Tunkhannock.

Was hoping we'd add him -- solid depth prospect. That 4th place finish was about as good as could be expected -- behind 2 state champs (Crookham and Arrington) and a 2x finalist (Haines). Pinned the 5th place finisher in consis.

Admitted straight to Hershey out of high school?

Seriously: photo caption says he signed his NLI, which means he's not a walk-on -- though at this late stage of the 2020 cycle, he's likely getting book money.
Sometimes you see it with athletes committed to Ivys, even though there is no actually NLI the school works with them and puts on a show for a decorated student athlete....more so a good feeling and a good day for the student and his/her family

Reactions: hlstone
Our high school has one in the fall for DI and DII, and one in the spring for DIII (non-scholarship). This was just one more senior celebration my daughter missed :( She is going to PSU-Altoona for volleyball.

Sometimes you see it with athletes committed to Ivys, even though there is no actually NLI the school works with them and puts on a show for a decorated student athlete....more so a good feeling and a good day for the student and his/her family
True, though we tend to have most wrestlers on some scholarship -- it minimizes APR compliance risk.

Of course it wouldn't be the first or last time a journalist didn't pursue a detail like that. Which I'm OK with, because it's ultimately none of my business.

Seriously: photo caption says he signed his NLI, which means he's not a walk-on -- though at this late stage of the 2020 cycle, he's likely getting book money.
So when I was undergoing radiation treatment this winter at Mayo, a very nice resident was assigned to my case. She was accepted to Med school straight out of high school..... with the condition that in undergrad school she maintained a certain GPA for her core courses. She graduated from Kansas with a degree in "documentary film" as an undergrad. Even though she is probably (30)?? she is one of the most brilliant people that I have ever met. I once asked: "were you in the top 3 in your med school class?".... she just shook her head and smiled. On top of that she has "compassion, kindness, caring and understanding". I was so blessed to have her on my case.

Even in medical school, there is no such thing as studying orthopedic medicine. If you were to graduate college, graduate medical school, and match into an orthopedic surgery residency, then he would begin studying orthopedics.

HOLY COW!!!! My hometown in the Endless Mountains of Pennsylvania. Congrats!!!!
Stayed in Tunkhannock in the summer of 1978 while playing baseball in Scranton for the Red Sox. Used to hitch a ride to practice and games with Stu Casterline (Assistant Coach). Stu was a great guy and super athlete. Loved the town during that summer stay.

Last edited:
That’s six new faces that have gone public for 20/21. Any word on other PWO’s? Last year the freshman class was 14, I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT