ADVERTISEMENT

Will Betancourt

So you put him at 141 and redshirt Beau next year? I would be down for that!
giphy.gif

It sucks but Cael wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't take a kid like Woods if he wanted in. Will Beau be better at 141? Absolutely, I am confident of it but I don't think we can extrapolate an AA finish from him just because he held his own up a weight.

I also believe (and it's my speculation only) that Cael might have been a bit frustrated with Beau later in the year. Not his performance per se but Cael has put on the record he wants Beau opening it up and if he loses because he got caught then it is what it is (said something about losing 10-9) but Beau continued his try to steal it in the 3rd in a 1-1 match thing. Quite honestly, he dodged major bullets against Blockhus and Realbuto also and the only convincing win he really had was over the Sacred Heart kid. Even the Maryland kid was giving him a solid match before Beau pancaked him.

I hope Beau takes the redshirt and stays the course but I'd support him in whatever he chooses obviously.
I think a redshirt would be perfect for Beau at this point. Let him role around with Real for a year and hone his skills against a top flight opponent. It will only make him better and give him more confidence the following year. He could use the time to refocus. He has all the natural physical talent in the world, he just needs to nail down the mental aspects. Perfect time for a redshirt.

I think a redshirt would be perfect for Beau at this point. Let him role around with Real for a year and hone his skills against a top flight opponent. It will only make him better and give him more confidence the following year. He could use the time to refocus. He has all the natural physical talent in the world, he just needs to nail down the mental aspects. Perfect time for a redshirt.
200.gif

Yeah but I don’t want to see Beau transfer to Iowa.

Kennedy would be a good training partner for several of our guys--and he'd have a chance to make the lineup. What else can he get from us?

Monday? We're still talking about him? The only weight he can go is 165.

Facundo will actually get time with Casey, Nolf and Carter this summer. Aside from Nolf, no one else was around last summer.

If the talent is there, and he puts in the work, I expect a significantly improved version of Facundo this fall.

How many years does he have left? If he AAs for us next year, he gets a scholarship. If not, he’s still in the best place to improve.
Agreed. In todays new world order, can someone take it upon themselves to get word to Kennedy that we have a place for him and the deal as noted above. Roar, can you let Cael know what we are up to.

Agreed. In todays new world order, can someone take it upon themselves to get word to Kennedy that we have a place for him and the deal as noted above. Roar, can you let Cael know what we are up to.
I like what Askren had to say on FRL and willie mentioned as his great take of the week.

With the BWI NIL fund, we start paying guys to not show up. I mean some guys dont show up in March anyway. So this just rewards them for all their hard work April through February and they just dont show up in March.

The accountant can tag it as - el toro expense

The only way Kennedy Monday makes sense is if Facundo isn't remotely progressing in the room right now, which I have my doubts. Comments about him have been very positive from every party.

The other option is Cael and Casey think he can summon the version of him that beat David McFadden 21-6 for an entire season (doubtful lol)

My guess is his tweet is more to refer to himself as a Lion (not uncommon) not a Nittany Lion or he's a good troll.

These kids are becoming self promoters to get the best "deals" they can. Its all part of the new simulation we find ourselves in.

The tik tok generation is here now.

But the pendulum will swing back, it always does.

Reactions: nitlion6
I like what Askren had to say on FRL and willie mentioned as his great take of the week.

With the BWI NIL fund, we start paying guys to not show up. I mean some guys dont show up in March anyway. So this just rewards them for all their hard work April through February and they just dont show up in March.

The accountant can tag it as - el toro expense
Genious, but I think someone already beat you to it. The whole Iowa squad must have received reverse NIL deals this past year.

What to soon?

Reactions: LHavenlion
It doesn't matter if he were right now. I'd rather have Facundo get a year of B1G competition and see how he handles that. He used his red shirt year. Time to put his feet to the fire. I think we have a good one.
Facundo is obsessed with training, and he is in the best room in the nation. I think we are all going to be more than pleased next year.

How many agents say their client has "Many" offers from teams interested in him/her when they really don't? If you are looking for a quality NIL......let people know you have lots of suitors. Maybe that bag gets a little bigger :). As far as PSU?.......I would guess the message is.....you are welcome to come but "No soup for you" :)

Penn State doesnt need anyone,they win with what they have!
Exactly we need to sit back and chill if you look at our line up it's scary as shit it's just one stuff after another if Facundo and van Ness are half as good as people say the next four or five years are going to put the F in FUN

One thing I was thinking about today:

There’s a finite amount of money going towards wrestling. It’s not doubling because of NIL; it’s just being reallocated. People who were donating to the school or RTC will pay college athletes now via NIL. So, what happens to senior level athletes at RTCs when a college freshman gets the $35,000 or whatever that used to go to the RTC?

Will the actual product suffer, in the end? If you don’t have senior level athletes sticking around anymore, you don’t have elite practice partners. You have a high school star who no longer has an AA or NC-level guy to beat him up his redshirt year.

One thing I was thinking about today:

There’s a finite amount of money going towards wrestling. It’s not doubling because of NIL; it’s just being reallocated. People who were donating to the school or RTC will pay college athletes now via NIL. So, what happens to senior level athletes at RTCs when a college freshman gets the $35,000 or whatever that used to go to the RTC?

Will the actual product suffer, in the end? If you don’t have senior level athletes sticking around anymore, you don’t have elite practice partners. You have a high school star who no longer has an AA or NC-level guy to beat him up his redshirt year.
Yeah, it's as Tony said. I have a feeling the new landscape will also eventually be "owned" by the good guys.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ADVERTISEMENT