ADVERTISEMENT

Will Betancourt

No clue just says new weight so I guessed 125.

What was his wgt at duhO$U?
David Carr loves our guys, that's clear, that doesn't mean he's leaving behind a team that he is clearly the face of and the coaches he clearly has a great relationship with. That's the conclusion everyone wants to draw but anyone who watched how Carr was like with all his ISU teammates who were AA'ing would think anything but he was leaving.

His Dad, Nate, was also a Cyclone. Nate is Coaching ISU's RTC.

Reactions: aworsnup
So the more interesting side note to this is that Pyles hinted at a high level transfer on FRL today. During the show he texted the name to Funky, who clearly was taken aback by the name. No one revealed the name but he is a high level guy. Ben asked if the transfer was to PSU, to which Pyles refused to answer and started being real shifty. So here is the new rumor; Feldman to PSU. Did Mineo post this yet? :eek:LOL.
Where is the feldman rumor from? Did they say it on the show?

Where is the feldman rumor from? Did they say it on the show?
giphy.gif

If he can't beat out Dylan Koontz for a spot a tOSU, I'm going a big no on that one, dog.

"New Weight" may refer to 141, though, too. Is it a sign that BB and Van Ness are both questionable to make the cut to 141?
125 is Howard, Bettencourt, Steen, and Shunk. Howard could bump up if RBY departs. But Howard is still mending. I’m not worried about his O$U experience. It’s different in the Lions Den.

Reactions: ccdiver
The real question is were you rooting for Suriano 😁
I rooting much more for Shane Griffiths a much better representation of a Bergen Catholic man than "Nicky Eyes". I swear he used to be a nice kid. Watched him wrestle for the past 10 years and something switched in him? He needs to dial it back big time. He looks and acts like a tool now!

Admittedly don't know but if you never enroll in the school I don't see how it can be a transfer. Either way I think people would be talking about flipping a commitment and not a transfer for anyone still in high school.

Admittedly don't know but if you never enroll in the school I don't see how it can be a transfer. Either way I think people would be talking about flipping a commitment and not a transfer for anyone still in high school.
I don’t either. I guess if they don’t release him from it he’d then need to go into the transfer portal once school starts. But again, I’m just mostly guessing.

Just got off the phone with Betancourt. Pleasant kid to talk to. Wants to go 125 at PSU and compete with Howard and Steen. Also competes at 57kg for Puerto Rico, which came into play in the decision because he’s close with Gomez and Espinal apparently. Will have more in a full article tomorrow.

In all honesty, who is Feldman going to work out with at Ohio State vs. Penn State. It doesn’t even make sense.
I suspect Feldman already knew that when PSU didn't make his final schools list.

Ohio State has Dhesi and Moore. Not the NLWC stable, but a good option on its own merits. And he doesn't have to sit behind Kerk.

I'm equally sure that his Malvern coach who's a PSU Wrestling alum (and posts here occasionally) was available for any advice on both schools, the process, etc.

So the more interesting side note to this is that Pyles hinted at a high level transfer on FRL today. During the show he texted the name to Funky, who clearly was taken aback by the name. No one revealed the name but he is a high level guy. Ben asked if the transfer was to PSU, to which Pyles refused to answer and started being real shifty. So here is the new rumor; Feldman to PSU. Did Mineo post this yet? :eek:LOL.
Brandtt from 247 said this 2 wks ago. A high level transfer is coming

If the old transfer rules applied, since he signed his LOI it would be a transfer with loss of eligibility and sit a year.

That guy has about the same track record as Creedo.
Brandtt does the move reading things other places or making educated guesses from others messages ..... poof....insider

He's not the first and won't be the last

PS - I think he's right but it's not like the act of transferring in is breaking news. Now if he was to say who.....different story

That guy has about the same track record as Creedo.
So, I like the idea of Feldman 😀 I’m not into your logic.

Who do you think this could be?
I was thinking someone from NW because of JK, but I really just need something to allocate my brain to since we just ended.

Brandtt does the move reading things other places or making educated guesses from others messages ..... poof....insider

He's not the first and won't be the last

PS - I think he's right but it's not like the act of transferring in is breaking news. Now if he was to say who.....different story
It's propaganda!

So, I like the idea of Feldman 😀 I’m not into your logic.

Who do you think this could be?
I was thinking someone from NW because of JK, but I really just need something to allocate my brain to since we just ended.
I think there's a solid possibility of no transfer at all.

Or: it's Betancourt and clickbaiters gonna clickbait.

It's 3 days after the national tournament. Who of All-American level consequence knows today that they're transferring out, that didn't know 3d ago? If they're not grad transfers or Ivy, that's a giant red flag to me -- it's equivalent to Tan Tom flying to Aruba the day after nationals.

Reactions: PASLP2
Here's who has confirmed to ACTUALLY be available on the market so far:
Dom Demas
Kennedy Monday
Luke Kemerer

None of them make sense for PSU (I'm sure they're all welcome to come and compete but certainly they aren't upgrades over who our anticipated guys at those weights are) so everything else is speculation. Literally NCAA ended like 3 days ago lol.

Here's who has confirmed to ACTUALLY be available on the market so far:
Dom Demas
Kennedy Monday
Luke Kemerer

None of them make sense for PSU (I'm sure they're all welcome to come and compete but certainly they aren't upgrades over who our anticipated guys at those weights are) so everything else is speculation. Literally NCAA ended like 3 days ago lol.
I know it was a long time ago, but Demas did beat Nick Lee to place 4th in 2019. And he was 15-3 last year. He's not a long-term upgrade, but for one year? Less clear, especially if Van Ness isn't healthy.

I would have questions about him leaving Oklahoma shortly after Mitch Moore arrived at his weight.

But that doesn't matter, he's probably unlikely anyway.

Reactions: diggerpup
I know it was a long time ago, but Demas did beat Nick Lee to place 4th in 2019. And he was 15-3 last year. He's not a long-term upgrade, but for one year? Less clear, especially if Van Ness isn't healthy.

I would have questions about him leaving Oklahoma shortly after Mitch Moore arrived at his weight.

But that doesn't matter, he's probably unlikely anyway.
I heard from someone in the know that Van Ness is good health wise. Cael always has a plan when someone goes AWOL for a year while redshirting. Nico and Zain didn't wrestle folk when they were redshirting either. Wouldn't be shocked if he's at Juniors.

We also didn’t need Dean bc we had Beard. I think he will always look to upgrade , as he should in todays transfer world

Reactions: ccdiver
I heard from someone in the know that Van Ness is good health wise. Cael always has a plan when someone goes AWOL for a year while redshirting. Nico and Zain didn't wrestle folk when they were redshirting either. Wouldn't be shocked if he's at Juniors.
I hope this is true. Absolutely loved everything I saw from Van Ness in HS. Potential to be a Nolf-like pace pusher (though I'll never impose Nolf-like results on an incoming freshman).

Just got off the phone with Betancourt. Pleasant kid to talk to. Wants to go 125 at PSU and compete with Howard and Steen. Also competes at 57kg for Puerto Rico, which came into play in the decision because he’s close with Gomez and Espinal apparently. Will have more in a full article tomorrow.
Nicely done, Clay! Although, for your mid-year evaluation we'll have to take into account that it took you nearly a WHOLE day to get the kid on the phone and report back to us.

And then to deprive us of several more pages of wild Betancourt speculation by prematurely inserting facts into the thread? Hmmm.

Nicely done, Clay! Although, for your mid-year evaluation we'll have to take into account that it took you nearly a WHOLE day to get the kid on the phone and report back to us.

And then to deprive us of several more pages of wild Betancourt speculation by prematurely inserting facts into the thread? Hmmm.
Plus he didn't invite us to patch into the call.

"Thank You Craig"

Nick is not coming to PSU. Rumor squashed.

…and his best friend, Caden Rogers (Lehigh commit), is offended by your comment above. Kidding, but it made me laugh. Thanks for that.

I suspect Feldman already knew that when PSU didn't make his final schools list.

Ohio State has Dhesi and Moore. Not the NLWC stable, but a good option on its own merits. And he doesn't have to sit behind Kerk.

I'm equally sure that his Malvern coach who's a PSU Wrestling alum (and posts here occasionally) was available for any advice on both schools, the process, etc.

PSU wasn’t even in the picture when he committed to Ohio State. He’s very happy with his OSU commitment and to be apart of a historic recruiting class.

Reactions: fronk71
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT