ADVERTISEMENT

New software sucks

Do we want RO's sig pics back?

• YES

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • Absolutely

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • I like guys (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
Tom needs to fix the main logo on mobile. It’s all distorted now. Not sure why a mobile first design wouldn’t do percentage width/height and it shows because now it looks awful.

Reactions: PSUfiji
I am getting very weird performance. Very herky, jerky. Even typing in isn't solid or sound. I suspect it is loading a lot of video. I have no problem with the UI UX but the performance is awful.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Is this change permanent? Ugh! Does Stevie Wonder design websites when he's not making music? This is like when a hot babe gets all kinds of plastic surgery and looks creepy afterwards. It's like when they came up with New Coke. If it ain't broke, well, you know the rest.
You still enjoying that sweet flip-phone?

Maybe Rivals should have an intermediate site between "free" and "pay because you get all the inside in
You still enjoying that sweet flip-phone?

It's funny you say that because literally just a couple weeks ago I got rid of my flip phone and got a smart phone for the first time.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Honestly, I don’t get the fascination with his pictures. Are they super secret pictures that other people can’t get or are they all accessible on the internet?

I'll never understand it either, finding pictures on the internet is like finding sand at the beach. I have to admit, this news story popped up on my phone yesterday, and it instantly made me think of a few people on this board:

Maybe Rivals should have an intermediate site between "free" and "pay because you get all the inside in

It's funny you say that because literally just a couple weeks ago I got rid of my flip phone and got a smart phone for the first time.

I miss my flip phone mainly because of its size and I could call my favorite phone numbers without looking at it.
I hardly ever use my cell phone. It is mainly used to make sure I buy the correct stuff at the grocery store. 😸

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
I've got one complaint and I cannot be the only person who does this. I sort the page by thread creation date/time. In the filters, you can sort it that way; but, once you leave the page, the sort resets to the default of last post date/time. You have to re-sort every time you return the the page.

Reactions: ACGT
Honestly, I don’t get the fascination with his pictures. Are they super secret pictures that other people can’t get or are they all accessible on the internet?
I don't get the fascination with any of those pics and polls being posted here. If I want to find similar pics, I know where to find them and it's not why I come here and it adds no value to the board. Honestly I find it disappointing that the board's namesake and mods not only allow it, but seem to encourage it. But whatever, I've had sig pics hidden for many years and the rest is usually easy enough to avoid. My biggest issue is when people post that stuff in a thread where it's completely off the main topic and irrelevant. I guarantee some people browse this site from work and that stuff is impossible to anticipate. If the site had a feature to hide individual posts rather than only muting a poster everywhere it would be better, but I understand that's a Rivals thing and is beyond BWI's control.

I don't get the fascination with any of those pics and polls being posted here. If I want to find similar pics, I know where to find them and it's not why I come here and it adds no value to the board. Honestly I find it disappointing that the board's namesake and mods not only allow it, but seem to encourage it. But whatever, I've had sig pics hidden for many years and the rest is usually easy enough to avoid. My biggest issue is when people post that stuff in a thread where it's completely off the main topic and irrelevant. I guarantee some people browse this site from work and that stuff is impossible to anticipate. If the site had a feature to hide individual posts rather than only muting a poster everywhere it would be better, but I understand that's a Rivals thing and is beyond BWI's control.

Hi jacking a thread, on this board, is many a posters favorite passion!

Like this: Here we go Steelers, here we go!

😇:cool:

Hi jacking a thread, on this board, is many a posters favorite passion!

Like this: Here we go Steelers, here we go!

😇:cool:
I don't mind the hijacking in general, I'm guilty of it myself and it often adds some good humor. It's the when the hijack is a picture of barely clothed women that I have an issue with. If that sort of content is going to be allowed here, which historically it has been, then at least an effort could be made to make it clear which threads it's in so that those that don't care to see it or are on a work computer can easily navigate around it.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Zero steps forward, and a few step backwards. At least for my iPad. What genius decided there was a need to “improve” the site? Obviously someone trying to justify their job.

Zero steps forward, and a few step backwards. At least for my iPad. What genius decided there was a need to “improve” the site? Obviously someone trying to justify their job.
Now that I found how to tweak the format for my iPad, the site works OK. Now bring back thread view!

Why do I have to reset my filter preferences every time I sign in?
Same here. I assumed the change was coming when I noticed it on the RU board last week. Since then, I have been experimenting with it. Apparently it resets to the default every time you open the site, even if you did not sign out.

Reactions: psugrad85 and ACGT
Another case of can't leave well enough alone.
I think it must have been the result of some academic committee work of one or two meeting per week over the last 17 months at mid afternoon snack time with hired outside consultants who brought their own onion dip.

Reactions: WDLion
ADVERTISEMENT