New Retail Sales Number Crushes Expectations

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Several things that, I believe, created the inflation:
  • Paying enhanced unemployment benefits that were enough to disincentivize working. I think it was enough for people to extend their vacation past September 1.
  • Closing schools, making it harder for parents to work, so that overall productivity goes down (while the money supply goes up).
  • Forcing business closures while government sends checks to their employees. (Same as closing schools.)
  • Pissing off workers through mask and vaccine mandates, thereby furthering cuts in production with the increase in money supply.
  • Restricting natural gas production, thereby worsening the trade imbalance and driving up the cost of everything produced using energy, including the cost of shipping.
  • Fed behavior, like buying mortgage backed securities in a constrained housing market. Forcing interest rates down, thus increasing demand for big ticket items like homes and cars, while production is artificially constrained.
  • Demonizing police. Allowing crime in the cities, driving people and businesses to safer areas outside cities, thereby creating excess demand outside cities.
  • Ballooning stock valuations through easy money, sending the message that you can make more money by investing rather than working. This also drove people into thinking they could retire, or leave the workforce at a younger age.
I believe these were driven by Democrats in Congress and Democratic governors. Even the Fed behavior is driven by the need to be reconfirmed in Congress, so they are effectively doing the bidding of a Democratic Congress.

All of it will get worse, much worse, if the Dems have their way in Congress, because it just doubles down on the list above that has been creating inflation.

And just wait until all the illegals come to a neighborhood near you, flooding your ERs, with no police, as your costs soar.

It was all created because the media had an agenda. They created the TDS pandemic that threw an election.

Happy times. If you want more, vote Democrat.
Ha! Your last line is “if you want more vote Democrat” but almost your entire blame list happened under Trump.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Ha! Your last line is “if you want more vote Democrat” but almost your entire blame list happened under Trump.

Of course some of that happened under Trump, because Trump had to deal with the early days of the pandemic. He also had to deal with Democrat governors and federal bureaucracies run by Democrats, such as the Department of Education.

He even had to deal with Democrats opposing "Trump vaccines" before the election while then suddenly advocating for vaccines after the election. He had to deal with Democrats within government agencies that did not like him and wanted him out of office, for their own personal benefit (within government).

In some ways Trump was every bit as stupid as the Democrats. I am not here to argue about presidential personalities. I'm here to debate about policies going forward.

I listed stuff that causes inflation. No president's name is on the list. Dems are now in control of legislation and execution. If the Dems wanted to stop inflation they would reverse course from that list instead of doubling down on it late in the game -- after inflation has been ignited.

You seem to be unable to project forward based on policies, and you are always taking snapshots over short periods of time so as to distort sensible cause and effect.

Now my expectation is that you will nitpick some small aspect of this issue so as to attempt to discredit all of it, or you will ignore all of it. This is what you guys do. You distort or run away. You can't get past "Trump." You can't debate specific policies and whether they produce good or bad results. You seem to have trouble with any form of critical thinking. There is no depth to your responses.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Of course some of that happened under Trump, because Trump had to deal with the early days of the pandemic. He also had to deal with Democrat governors and federal bureaucracies run by Democrats, such as the Department of Education.

He even had to deal with Democrats opposing "Trump vaccines" before the election while then suddenly advocating for vaccines after the election. He had to deal with Democrats within government agencies that did not like him and wanted him out of office, for their own personal benefit (within government).

In some ways Trump was every bit as stupid as the Democrats. I am not here to argue about presidential personalities. I'm here to debate about policies going forward.

I listed stuff that causes inflation. No president's name is on the list. Dems are now in control of legislation and execution. If the Dems wanted to stop inflation they would reverse course from that list instead of doubling down on it late in the game -- after inflation has been ignited.

You seem to be unable to project forward based on policies, and you are always taking snapshots over short periods of time so as to distort sensible cause and effect.

Now my expectation is that you will nitpick some small aspect of this issue so as to attempt to discredit all of it, or you will ignore all of it. This is what you guys do. You distort or run away. You can't get past "Trump." You can't debate specific policies and whether they produce good or bad results. You seem to have trouble with any form of critical thinking. There is no depth to your responses.
I realize you are opposed to the current Fed strategy. That much is obvious.

What you don’t understand is that we are way past the point of no return. The Federal Reserve and the Federal Government have no choice but to continue on the path we are on it the whole thing comes crashing down anyway.

We are much better off seeing how this plays out rather than instituting some Austrian Economic fantasy of ending the Fed and cutting trillions from the government budget overnight. That strategy is guaranteed to cause immediate financial collapse around the globe.

Reactions: rumble_lion

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I realize you are opposed to the current Fed strategy. That much is obvious.

What you don’t understand is that we are way past the point of no return. The Federal Reserve and the Federal Government have no choice but to continue on the path we are on it the whole thing comes crashing down anyway.

We are much better off seeing how this plays out rather than instituting some Austrian Economic fantasy of ending the Fed and cutting trillions from the government budget overnight. That strategy is guaranteed to cause immediate financial collapse around the globe.

Not what I wrote, but that doesn't seem to matter to you.

You don't seem to understand that, when you are heading in the wrong direction, the first thing you do is to turn around.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
You guys have been saying that forever without any basis or merit. Democrats remind me of Wile E. Coyote constantly falling off a cliff or getting smacked down while in pursuit of the elusive Road Runner (Trump).

But keep trying as it’s more than entertaining.
Let the contents of the following news report sink in for a moment, and then get back to me.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Let the contents of the following news report sink in for a moment, and then get back to me.

10 money-fishing nothing burgers.

In more important news, the Cal Golden Bears are an impressive 1-5 with their only victory coming against Sacramento State. :cool::cool:

Last edited:

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010

I'm not one to defend Trump, but so what? His political enemies construct charges to thwart his effectiveness. Where have we seen this before?

I would say that the conservative side has more credibility because they tend not to do the underhanded stuff that we see on the Left -- you know, the kind of behaviors that communists employ to obtain and retain their grip on power. They seem to have a monopoly on Adam Schiff-types.

razpsu

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2004
Last edited:

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Significant inflation and supply chain problems crush the average consumer. Thanks Biden/Harris and Congressional Democrats for this cluster fu*k.

Where’s President Trump when you need him?
Fighting to stay out of jail.

Reactions: rumble_lion