ADVERTISEMENT

New PSU bball asst announced

lattydaddy

Jan 8, 2014
Wtf. You have GOT to be kidding me. He promotes that director of basketball ops or whatever his title was Ross Condon to fill Daly's spot. This has to be a joke. So much for getting a quality assistant with experience. What makes this even worse is Pat said he received 150+ resumes for this job, and you give it to this kid?! Jeez

Promoting a DOBO to assistant coach is pretty common in college basketball. Condon has two years of assistant coaching experience at BU and he obviously knows the landscape at Penn State. Chambers knows what's at stake and he trusts Condon to deliver.

It is an anti-climatic hire, I'll concede, but there's no reason to believe it's a bad one.

Wtf. You have GOT to be kidding me. He promotes that director of basketball ops or whatever his title was Ross Condon to fill Daly's spot. This has to be a joke. So much for getting a quality assistant with experience. What makes this even worse is Pat said he received 150+ resumes for this job, and you give it to this kid?! Jeez

I know you're extremely disappointed you didn't get the job.....maybe next time!;)

Reactions: Rick from SC
Promoting a DOBO to assistant coach is pretty common in college basketball. Condon has two years of assistant coaching experience at BU and he obviously knows the landscape at Penn State. Chambers knows what's at stake and he trusts Condon to deliver.

It is an anti-climatic hire, I'll concede, but there's no reason to believe it's a bad one.
It's a bad one in the sense that this team desperately needs an experienced, veteran, assistant who can develop big man and knows a thing or two about x and o's. You make a move like this when you have two stud veteran assistants already in place, not when you have the least experienced staff in the P5. That's what makes this awful, not Ross himself.

Now, now... this is a traditional Penn State hire. Promote from within, hire a Penn State guy, a known quantity. No outsiders who don't know the Penn State way. Did Curley sneak back into the AD? A few years ago everyone would have been OK with this, now you want us to hire the best coach? LOL

Seriously, this is a bit of a head scratcher to me, but I don't know Ross, and maybe he'll be terrific, if lacking in experience. Sort of like when coaches recruit a player that we may question, I guess we have to defer to Chamber's judgement. He's known Ross a long time, I guess we'll have to see if Pat knows something we don't, or if perhaps he's being too loyal to people he knows. Hopefully it wasn't a budget issue.

On a side note, we seem to be turning into Villanova West with the staff.

This reeks of a budget issue. There's no way they promote this guy if it was not. This is a joke of a hire, And this has nothing to do with Ross and/or his abilities.

Now, now... this is a traditional Penn State hire. Promote from within, hire a Penn State guy, a known quantity. No outsiders who don't know the Penn State way. Did Curley sneak back into the AD? A few years ago everyone would have been OK with this, now you want us to hire the best coach? LOL

Seriously, this is a bit of a head scratcher to me, but I don't know Ross, and maybe he'll be terrific, if lacking in experience. Sort of like when coaches recruit a player that we may question, I guess we have to defer to Chamber's judgement. He's known Ross a long time, I guess we'll have to see if Pat knows something we don't, or if perhaps he's being too loyal to people he knows. Hopefully it wasn't a budget issue.

On a side note, we seem to be turning into Villanova West with the staff.
Pat Chambers knows something we don't?! That's just crazy talk.

Got to know Ross a bit when he was a walkon player at Nova. Good kid, very bright and hard worker. He obviously does not have a ton of experience, but he will not get outworked on the recruiting trail.

ADVERTISEMENT