ADVERTISEMENT

New poster.

We rarely do this but we fired up the Welcome Wagon. Don't worry if it looks like the front of a 1993 police car, at least it's not a helicopter.

carfront-1.jpg

Well, LionJim, at the risk of offending people I don’t at all mean to offend, I’d offer the following :

Bob:eek: would be Ernest T. Bass ... throwing rocks and skipping from post to post

Art would be Andy ... seems to know so much about so many different topics

Tom would be Aunt Bee ... keeps the house running smoothly despite the chaos around it

That post about drinking alcohol offers up numerous candidates for Otis

Fairgambit would be Barney ... it just wouldn’t be Mayberry without him
Can I be Ernest T. Bass?

Reactions: Jovialgent
Well, LionJim, at the risk of offending people I don’t at all mean to offend, I’d offer the following :

Bob:eek: would be Ernest T. Bass ... throwing rocks and skipping from post to post

Art would be Andy ... seems to know so much about so many different topics

Tom would be Aunt Bee ... keeps the house running smoothly despite the chaos around it

That post about drinking alcohol offers up numerous candidates for Otis

Fairgambit would be Barney ... it just wouldn’t be Mayberry without him
I guess I’m Miss Crump.

Welcome. Advice for newbies::
1. Don't post unverified football-related rumors. But if you heard it from your barber or from the guy next to you at the local bar, post away.
2. Keep the batteries on your sarcasm meter charged.
3. DON"T POST IN ALL CAPS.
4. Always be respectful while calling Jim Delaney or Mark Emmert no-good SOBs.
5. Clicking to enlarge Ro's sig pics is okay the first 45 times. More than that, just save to your browser.
6. Learn to spell Rutgres.
7. Learn all the acronyms used on the board; for example: TOS, FOS, CJF, SC, SEC, USC, USCe, OSU, tOSU, O$U, UM, CUM, SCUM, ASWP, LOI, OGBOT.
8. Learn all the acronyms for the Big Ten Conference. I think there are 52 of them.
9. Philly cheese steaks are better than Primanti's.
10. Learn to spot the board's curmudgeons; all 542 of us. Now get off my lawn.
11. Post English cricket scores (or maybe they're soccer scores) here. Take PSU wrestling updates to the Wrestling Forum.
12. Refer all math questions to LionJim, science questions to Langmuir, and history questions to Tom McAndrew.
13. No need to ask for advise about proper use of the kings english. Their are any number of posters who will do it with out asking.
14. Did I mention the sarcasm meter yet?
15. Don't miss the posts from these board regulars:
The-Three-Stooges-legacy-Moe-Larry-Curly.jpg

Rule #100-Never post anything about pitt unless it is during the week of a scheduled game. NEVER!

You’ve come to the best place for cheaply made and ridiculously expensive Penn St gear. Fairgambit enterprises has the market cornered and is legendary here. ;)

I highly recommend Fairgambit Enterprises' expensive range of Penn State items. I plan to wear my "Carl Sanderson knows Wrestling' T-shirt while watching the NCAA championships next weekend. Fortunately I've learned that my dermatologist can cure the rash after a month or two, but at least his bills are less than what I paid for the shirt.

My advice to you. Is the advice my father-in-law gave to me. You seem like a good guy. Are you sure you want to do this? Do you know what your signing up for? I wouldn’t hold it against you if you ran like hell right now. Don’t say I didn’t try and warn you. Best of luck.
I warned you about that "your" vs "you're" thing

MackDaddy would play the multiple Andy Griffith characters portrayed by Allan Melvin. He played all of these bit parts: Clarence 'Doc' Malloy / Clyde Plaunt / Escaped Prisoner / Fred Plummer / Hotel Detective Bardoli / Jake / Myrt's Accomplice / Neal / Recruiting Sergeant / Farmer from Lawman Barney
He also played Sam the Butcher on The Brady Bunch. MackDaddy is the only poster on this board with this many personalities!

Well, 24 hours has passed and I can post again. :)
I'm not sure if there will be any further restrictions on me as a new member, but I want to thank everyone who welcomed me and offered advice. I don't intend to be a daily poster, although I may check the board that often. I just need a place to share my love of Penn State, Bonsai trees, Wallabies, and anchovies. Just kidding on the last 3. ;) See you all again soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00 and LionJim
MackDaddy would play the multiple Andy Griffith characters portrayed by Allan Melvin. He played all of these bit parts: Clarence 'Doc' Malloy / Clyde Plaunt / Escaped Prisoner / Fred Plummer / Hotel Detective Bardoli / Jake / Myrt's Accomplice / Neal / Recruiting Sergeant / Farmer from Lawman Barney
He also played Sam the Butcher on The Brady Bunch. MackDaddy is the only poster on this board with this many personalities!
Excellent. Atta boy.

Welcome. Advice for newbies::
1. Don't post unverified football-related rumors. But if you heard it from your barber or from the guy next to you at the local bar, post away.
2. Keep the batteries on your sarcasm meter charged.
3. DON"T POST IN ALL CAPS.
4. Always be respectful while calling Jim Delaney or Mark Emmert no-good SOBs.
5. Clicking to enlarge Ro's sig pics is okay the first 45 times. More than that, just save to your browser.
6. Learn to spell Rutgres.
7. Learn all the acronyms used on the board; for example: TOS, FOS, CJF, SC, SEC, USC, USCe, OSU, tOSU, O$U, UM, CUM, SCUM, ASWP, LOI, OGBOT.
8. Learn all the acronyms for the Big Ten Conference. I think there are 52 of them.
9. Philly cheese steaks are better than Primanti's.
10. Learn to spot the board's curmudgeons; all 542 of us. Now get off my lawn.
11. Post English cricket scores (or maybe they're soccer scores) here. Take PSU wrestling updates to the Wrestling Forum.
12. Refer all math questions to LionJim, science questions to Langmuir, and history questions to Tom McAndrew.
13. No need to ask for advise about proper use of the kings english. Their are any number of posters who will do it with out asking.
14. Did I mention the sarcasm meter yet?
15. Don't miss the posts from these board regulars:
The-Three-Stooges-legacy-Moe-Larry-Curly.jpg
Folks have been very thorough so far. This was excellent advice. Only notable omission is a caution re the word “shizzholian” ... or something like that.
OP, beware. It sometimes gets used. And it’s weird.

Be ready to provide a detailed contrast/comparison essay on the topic of Wawa and Sheetz. On an every other month basis. Provide PowerPoint to back up your findings.

Today is my 1st day posting although I have been following this board, off and on, for a couple of months. I graduated from Penn State over 40 years ago. I sorta know the rules but please bear with me if I screw up. :( Thank you.

EDIT: I am editing this post because I tried to reply to some of the posts below and apparently there is a limit on how often you can post at the beginning. Anyway, thanks for the welcomes and advice. Since women are a big deal on this board, I thought I should post the type of lady I find attractive. Remember, I am older.

Additional edit: I have tried to follow up on this thread but keep getting a message that as a new poster I am limited in how often I can post. If so, I don't understand how all the trolls get through time and again at the beginning, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. My computer skills are not so hot. If it appears I am not responding to something it's because I can't. I will keep trying, but if I can't figure it out, this will be the most edited post in board history.:)

Additional additional edit :rolleyes:: Well, I still can't post a follow up. I can do "likes" and edit this post, but, for now, I can't make any additional posts. I guess they need to wait for my FBI clearance or something. I do appreciate all the warm responses. As I said, I've looked at this board off and on for a couple of months, so I know the "usual suspects" and I mean that in a very nice way. After all, I am a "jovial gent". :)

Obliviax edit: I guess that explains my posting problem and why my bank just called and confirmed that I had withdrawn 2.6 million. ;)

Supper edit: My wife is calling me for dinner so I will take a break and see if I can post anything new when I come back.

After supper edit: I still can't do anything but give "likes" and edit this post. It's frustrating, but I will keep trying. Thanks again to all who have responded.

My problem: Every time I try to post I get this message:
BlueWhiteIllustrated.com - Error
As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!

So I can edit my original post, and give likes, but that's it. Frustrating. :(

Still stuck in this post. I was able to make 2 posts in other threads when I first got on and none since. I will try posting from another computer later today or tomorrow but, for now, edits are all I can do. Thanks again for the cordial welcome and advice.:)

Well, I guess there is a 3 post limit for new members because I am stuck there no matter what I do. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I can edit and "like," but nothing more. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Well, day 2 and still can only edit this post and offer likes. Maybe you only get 3 posts the first 24 hours, so I will try again this evening after a whole day has passed. I am really enjoying the responses and wish I could respond individually. To the poster that suggested I was a former poster here, I am not. I'm just a "Jolly Gent" who loves Penn State and the fun this board offers. Be back later today to try again.
18-Short-Haircuts-for-Older-Women-402.jpg
2019 Jeep Wranglers are sandbox toys for the weakminded. Unreliable. Poor quality. There are lots of weakminded people so they hold their resale value.

2019 Jeep Wranglers are sandbox toys for the weakminded. Unreliable. Poor quality. There are lots of weakminded people so they hold their resale value.
Wait a second, you’re using Jeep Wrangler purchases (new or used) to demonstrate people are weak-minded? May be fair, they’re not great automobiles but there aren’t many affordable and high quality alternatives if someone wants one.

And if you want to talk about poor quality and weak-mindedness you shouldn’t have to look much further than the trashy women celebrated here. Again, there may be higher quality alternatives but they’d invariably be much more difficult to come by. So don’t knock the weak-minded for buying wranglers!

Wait a second, you’re using Jeep Wrangler purchases (new or used) to demonstrate people are weak-minded? May be fair, they’re not great automobiles but there aren’t many affordable and high quality alternatives if someone wants one.

And if you want to talk about poor quality and weak-mindedness you shouldn’t have to look much further than the trashy women celebrated here. Again, there may be higher quality alternatives but they’d invariably be much more difficult to come by. So don’t knock the weak-minded for buying wranglers!
So, what’s wrong with trashy women? Then post a poll about nuns if that makes you happy.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y

I love the weakminded!

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
You already screwed up way to nice of a first post..you must be a troll..:D Welcome!
Welcome...
“Bring us your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

If you can't, a few hot pics will do. :oops:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT