ADVERTISEMENT

New poster.

Jovialgent

Today is my 1st day posting although I have been following this board, off and on, for a couple of months. I graduated from Penn State over 40 years ago. I sorta know the rules but please bear with me if I screw up. :( Thank you.

EDIT: I am editing this post because I tried to reply to some of the posts below and apparently there is a limit on how often you can post at the beginning. Anyway, thanks for the welcomes and advice. Since women are a big deal on this board, I thought I should post the type of lady I find attractive. Remember, I am older.

Additional edit: I have tried to follow up on this thread but keep getting a message that as a new poster I am limited in how often I can post. If so, I don't understand how all the trolls get through time and again at the beginning, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. My computer skills are not so hot. If it appears I am not responding to something it's because I can't. I will keep trying, but if I can't figure it out, this will be the most edited post in board history.:)

Additional additional edit :rolleyes:: Well, I still can't post a follow up. I can do "likes" and edit this post, but, for now, I can't make any additional posts. I guess they need to wait for my FBI clearance or something. I do appreciate all the warm responses. As I said, I've looked at this board off and on for a couple of months, so I know the "usual suspects" and I mean that in a very nice way. After all, I am a "jovial gent". :)

Obliviax edit: I guess that explains my posting problem and why my bank just called and confirmed that I had withdrawn 2.6 million. ;)

Supper edit: My wife is calling me for dinner so I will take a break and see if I can post anything new when I come back.

After supper edit: I still can't do anything but give "likes" and edit this post. It's frustrating, but I will keep trying. Thanks again to all who have responded.

My problem: Every time I try to post I get this message:
BlueWhiteIllustrated.com - Error
As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!

So I can edit my original post, and give likes, but that's it. Frustrating. :(

Still stuck in this post. I was able to make 2 posts in other threads when I first got on and none since. I will try posting from another computer later today or tomorrow but, for now, edits are all I can do. Thanks again for the cordial welcome and advice.:)

Well, I guess there is a 3 post limit for new members because I am stuck there no matter what I do. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I can edit and "like," but nothing more. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Well, day 2 and still can only edit this post and offer likes. Maybe you only get 3 posts the first 24 hours, so I will try again this evening after a whole day has passed. I am really enjoying the responses and wish I could respond individually. To the poster that suggested I was a former poster here, I am not. I'm just a "Jolly Gent" who loves Penn State and the fun this board offers. Be back later today to try again.

18-Short-Haircuts-for-Older-Women-402.jpg

Last edited:
Fourth rule...know what FC means and use it wisely. Fifth rule....never talk about the ladies without posting a picture (except for your wife). If you don't post a picture, flags with ensue.

Reactions: Jovialgent
Welcome to the board. I graduated 44 years ago so we are probably similar in age. Here are my top 10 tips for this and the other boards. [Lions Den, Test Board, Wrasslin board.]
1. Be careful it is addicting.
2. Believe Ryan when he writes something
3. Develop a thick skin if you are posting. Folks can be very critical.
4. Joe Pa and Sandusky are still very emotional topics for all sides.
5. most of us loved the A-9 [alumni board members] until we didn't
6. Be careful it can be addicting
7. Unless you are a negative person by nature STAY AWAY FROM THE IN GAME THREADS - you would think we were Slippery Rock playing Alabama
8 if you want a good laugh read the in game thread on a Monday after we have had a comeback or even an average 1st half and then a good second half
9. If you want to enter the world of the bizarre come join us on the Test Board. Almost all political talk that accomplishes nothing. Much like a car accident [you can't not look at it if you like politics] . I would guess it is about 60-40 conservative but both sides give and take.
10.Unless you followed recruiting somewhere else you will be amazed at how much time and energy is spent by so many of us following the fortunes of 17 year old kids.

oh and one more thing - Be careful it can be -----------

Welcome and WE ARE!!!!

Welcome to the board. I graduated 44 years ago so we are probably similar in age. Here are my top 10 tips for this and the other boards. [Lions Den, Test Board, Wrasslin board.]
7. Unless you are a negative person by nature STAY AWAY FROM THE IN GAME THREADS - you would think we were Slippery Rock playing Alabama
8 if you want a good laugh read the in game thread on a Monday after we have had a comeback or even an average 1st half and then a good second half
9. If you want to enter the world of the bizarre come join us on the Test Board. Almost all political talk that accomplishes nothing. Much like a car accident [you can't not look at it if you like politics] . I would guess it is about 60-40 conservative but both sides give and take.
10.Unless you followed recruiting somewhere else you will be amazed at how much time and energy is spent by so many of us following the fortunes of 17 year old kids.

Welcome and WE ARE!!!!
Really, #7 is critical. Don’t open the in-game threads. It can ruin your weekend.

Take these rules with a grain of salt. It doesn't matter what you post here someone will take exception to it. Also the block feature can be your friend. Lots opinions and very diverse. Best advise given was to stay away from game day threads for any sport except WVB and we lost our best poster for that JonZ.

Welcome and WE ARE!!!!

Rule 3. is important. As a corollary to that, don't take what you write (or what others write) too seriously. This is supposed to be fun, though many have lost sight of that.

Today is my 1st day posting although I have been following this board, off and on, for a couple of months. I graduated from Penn State over 40 years ago. I sorta know the rules but please bear with me if I screw up. :( Thank you.

EDIT: I am editing this post because I tried to reply to some of the posts below and apparently there is a limit on how often you can post at the beginning. Anyway, thanks for the welcomes and advice. Since women are a big deal on this board, I thought I should post the type of lady I find attractive. Remember, I am older.

Additional edit: I have tried to follow up on this thread but keep getting a message that as a new poster I am limited in how often I can post. If so, I don't understand how all the trolls get through time and again at the beginning, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. My computer skills are not so hot. If it appears I am not responding to something it's because I can't. I will keep trying, but if I can't figure it out, this will be the most edited post in board history.:)

Additional additional edit :rolleyes:: Well, I still can't post a follow up. I can do "likes" and edit this post, but, for now, I can't make any additional posts. I guess they need to wait for my FBI clearance or something. I do appreciate all the warm responses. As I said, I've looked at this board off and on for a couple of months, so I know the "usual suspects" and I mean that in a very nice way. After all, I am a "jovial gent". :)

Obliviax edit: I guess that explains my posting problem and why my bank just called and confirmed that I had withdrawn 2.6 million. ;)

Supper edit: My wife is calling me for dinner so I will take a break and see if I can post anything new when I come back.

After supper edit: I still can't do anything but give "likes" and edit this post. It's frustrating, but I will keep trying. Thanks again to all who have responded.

My problem: Every time I try to post I get this message:
BlueWhiteIllustrated.com - Error
As a free user, there is a limit to how many messages you can post at once. Please wait a while and try again or pay for a subscription!

So I can edit my original post, and give likes, but that's it. Frustrating. :(

18-Short-Haircuts-for-Older-Women-402.jpg
Be wary if you see AustiNit post something.

I think this site is the best thing on The Internet. Within this community of mostly Penn State fans, you’ll find people who know something about everything. A couple of posters seeming know everything about some things.

You will read about what’s happening right now, all over the world ... often before it hits Reddit or other such sites.

You can learn about stuff as diverse as kidney stones and The Rolling Stones. From BBQ pits to Pitt. From where to watch a game in Wales to saving the whales.

If you can avoid taking comments from people you know too personally, you will thoroughly enjoy the diverse thinking and the oftentimes caring concern from frequent posters here.

My son found Tom McAndrew’s site at a time when I was absolutely despondent over the passing of my wife. I’ve been addicted ever since. The people here can make this vast country feel like Mayberry ... complete with Barney Fife and Otis.

Welcome to the “family” ... enjoy the ride.

I think this site is the best thing on The Internet. Within this community of mostly Penn State fans, you’ll find people who know something about everything. A couple of posters seeming know everything about some things.

You will read about what’s happening right now, all over the world ... often before it hits Reddit or other such sites.

You can learn about stuff as diverse as kidney stones and The Rolling Stones. From BBQ pits to Pitt. From where to watch a game in Wales to saving the whales.

If you can avoid taking comments from people you know too personally, you will thoroughly enjoy the diverse thinking and the oftentimes caring concern from frequent posters here.

My son found Tom McAndrew’s site at a time when I was absolutely despondent over the passing of my wife. I’ve been addicted ever since. The people here can make this vast country feel like Mayberry ... complete with Barney Fife and Otis.

Nice post. Begging the question, though, which one of us is Otis? (BobPSU92 is Opie, clearly, and Art is Aunt Bee, but after that it gets kind of murky.)

Wow Bob, I didn't know you had it in you ;)

"Complete with Barney Fife and Otis" amen!! And their first and second cousins.

Well, LionJim, at the risk of offending people I don’t at all mean to offend, I’d offer the following :

Bob:eek: would be Ernest T. Bass ... throwing rocks and skipping from post to post

Art would be Andy ... seems to know so much about so many different topics

Tom would be Aunt Bee ... keeps the house running smoothly despite the chaos around it

That post about drinking alcohol offers up numerous candidates for Otis

Fairgambit would be Barney ... it just wouldn’t be Mayberry without him

You’ll find people who pretend they know something about everything.

ADVERTISEMENT