ADVERTISEMENT

NEW PENN STATE BAR in Englewood Florida

nittanyjoe

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
The Lighthouse Grill, 260 Maryland Ave in Englewood. I am one of the three owners who are all PSU fans. We got the idea of purchasing this Marina which included a Tiki Hut Restaurant and Bar in a motor home headed to the PSU - Alabama game in 2010. I have been a season ticket holder since 1974. Hope to see many PS fans at our place. YES we have Creamery Ice Cream on the Menu.

Find us on Facebook "Lighthouse Grill at Stump Pass" Hope to see you all!!

The Lighthouse Grill, 260 Maryland Ave in Englewood. I am one of the three owners who are all PSU fans. We got the idea of purchasing this Marina which included a Tiki Hut Restaurant and Bar in a motor home headed to the PSU - Alabama game in 2010. I have been a season ticket holder since 1974. Hope to see many PS fans at our place. YES we have Creamery Ice Cream on the Menu.

Tiki Bar's are super 'in' right now. Good luck!

Reactions: TheGLOV

Lots of Penn State goings on in the Tampa region lately.

Reactions: TheGLOV

Awesome. As a tiki bar connoisseur (w/ actual Alan Jackson video roots), I look forward to stopping by on my next trip to the west coast. I'll add that I was at that same Bama game. Weird trip.

How long would it take to get there from Fort Myers with traffic? I visit there every Spring and I'd like to check it out. Old Penn State student i.d.'s get a drink on the house? ;)

Last edited:
How long would it take to get there from Fort Myers with traffic? I visit there every Spring and I'd like to check it out. Old Penn State student i.d.'s get a drink on the house? ;)

I fly out of Ft. Meyers.........It takes about 1:45 to get to us. Come on over! I'll buy you a drink

Welcome to the restuarant owners club! If I'm down that way I will stop by. Meanwhile I will spread the word here in Myrtle to all of the Retirees that head to Florida for vacation In The winter.

Thanks Raz..............our place is right on the water. Beautiful Lemon Bay..............Stump Pass is right across from us with direct access to the Gulf. Our place is very nice. PSU folks would love it. WAY TOO MANY OSU AND M folks come in here.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim

Good luck.

Reactions: nittanyjoe
Alan Jackson video roots???? 'Splain that one for us!
I know Jimmy the owner of the bar and Jackson ended up buying into it after the video was filmed. The place has changed a lot since then. I did a pretty large turf job for Jackson on the island, and used to know his boat captain and property manager pretty well. Since then he sold the house and is up in TN full time I guess. Not sure if he still owns part of the bar.

Reactions: PSU87
I know Jimmy the owner of the bar and Jackson ended up buying into it after the video was filmed. The place has changed a lot since then. I did a pretty large turf job for Jackson on the island, and used to know his boat captain and property manager pretty well. Since then he sold the house and is up in TN full time I guess. Not sure if he still owns part of the bar.
Awesome story. Next time I'm down that way, we need to have a beer.....

What's the weather like down there late December? Thinking about coming that way for the holidays.

Good luck to you!

Which island is Englewood on?
Sorry I'm a young folk. I don't get around very much down there. I didn't mean to ruffle your toupee. One day, when I'm old and get ready to die, I'll consider moving to where you claim to live in Florida. For now, I'll keep paying into Social Security so that you can do early birds til your heart's content. :)

Last edited:
Jackson likes his antique boats and frequents the the 1000 Islands to auction off some of his boats. Pretty neat.

Sorry I'm a young folk. I don't get around very much down there. I didn't mean to ruffle your toupee. One day, when I'm old and get ready to die, I'll consider moving to where you claim to live in Florida. For now, I'll keep paying into Social Security so that you can do early birds til your heart's content. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it I assume you looked at a map and found Englewood is not on an island.

What's the weather like down there late December? Thinking about coming that way for the holidays.

December in Florida......80 degrees and sunny. Does not feel like Christmas but it is nice!

December in Florida......80 degrees and sunny. Does not feel like Christmas but it is nice!
I spent 10 Christmases in Englewood, back when I was younger (my folks retired there--but then moved back to PA due to a grandchild). I do miss the boats lit up in Punta Gorda harbor tho, and I still have a little pelican with Christmas wreath ornament from Englewood. Oddly enough, my wife's uncle moved down there and she still has cousins in the area. It's a nice town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT