New parking fees

baccafarmer

Aug 20, 2018
Brumley Gap, VA

Gymnastics, Volleyball, Wrestling

General Parking Locations: Nittany Deck, West Deck
Prepaid ParkMobile Parking Rate: $5.50 per vehicle
Season parking packages available for most sports
Day-of-Event Parking Rate: $10 per vehicle (ParkMobile or pay station)

$1 per hour parking also available at the East Deck for most events

“We wanted to update you regarding some recent changes to parking for all Penn State Athletics non-football events. In conjunction with Transportation Services, we have announced parking for all Penn State Athletics’ non-football events will require a valid permit or payment of the applicable parking fee for campus lots beginning Monday, Aug. 23.

Last edited:
I am guessing Athletics said they were tired of spending the $ to sponsor parking for a lot of events so fans could park for free (the ones in Rec Hall, softball, etc.) and the University said, no problem.

The monthly cost for an evening and weekend parking pass is $6.00.

EVENING/WEEKEND PARKING PERMIT​

Visitors who regularly park on campus during evening and weekend hours for events, museum and library visits, and even those must-have Berkey Creamery stops can make their parking experience easier and less expensive by purchasing an Evening/Weekend parking permit!
For just $6 per month, the Evening/Weekend permit provides access to all faculty/staff parking areas on weekdays from 4 p.m. through 7:30 a.m. the following day and all day on Saturdays and Sundays, with the following exceptions:
  • No parking at Lot Green H (located near Hort Woods Child Care Center) until 6 p.m. on weekdays
  • No parking at the Commuter lots (Jordan East, Stadium West, Porter North) between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m., seven days a week
  • No parking east of Bigler Road on home football Saturdays
This permit can be used to enter and exit any of the three gated parking decks (East, HUB and Nittany) simply by scanning the permit's barcode at any in-lane machine - no entry ticket required. Permit holders will only be charged a fee at these facilities if parked on weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. It's also valid for parking at most campus events, including those held at the Bryce Jordan Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Rec Hall, and Eisenhower Auditorium.
Evening/weekend permits may be purchased at the Transportation Services Office at 1 Eisenhower Parking Deck on weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please bring the following items:
  • Valid photo ID
  • License plate number(s) for any vehicles to be associated with the permit (permit must always be displayed when parked on campus)
  • Payment (cash, check, LionCash+, and all major credit card accepted)
For those who can't visit the office in person, please complete the Evening/Weekend permit application and mail it with a check or money order to:
Transportation Services
The Pennsylvania State University
1 Eisenhower Parking Deck
University Park, PA 16802

With the exception of graduate students enrolled in the RIDEpass program, students are not eligible to purchase the Evening/Weekend permit.
For more information, email parking@psu.edu or call 814-865-1436.

To many here, this will be a day which will live in infamy!

giphy.gif

what about the white course lot across Atherton?
They put in a gigantic parking garage over there--I don't think (but I could be wrong) that the surface lots on that side are going to remain visitor parking.

Reactions: tabenn
Does anyone know...

I just renewed my hockey tickets, but saw no mention of parking, free or at a cost.

Does this mean that parking is not included with season tickets anymore?
- If not, will there be an option for buying season parking ahead of the season?
- If so, I take it they will send the parking vouchers by mail, as with football?

As it is Saturday, there is no one in the office, and I just can't want to wait 2 more days to find out! ;)
Thank you, AKB.

Does this mean that parking is not included with season tickets anymore?
Yes. There will be no more parking passes for ice hockey season ticket holders or any other sport.

I believe the advertised on campus parking options include:
1) Purchase separately ahead of time at $5.50 per event;
2) $6 per month for evening / weekend parking pass;
3) $10 at event; and,
4) $1 per hour at east deck.

Reactions: Str8DBLz and Bob78
ADVERTISEMENT