ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling New Job opening posted for PSU Wrestling

Reactions: therod and Str8DBLz
Bill Bassett isn't coaching this year or next.
All joking aside, a guy who runs his own business as successfully as him probably would know how to do this job pretty well (no I am not actually advocating for him) But this isn't a wrestling job, someone that can handle the administrative side so Cael and crew don't have to remotely worry.

Reactions: Jplions4
80% of this thread being about Iowa surprises me. Wait, no it doesn't..

I should submit my resume. I would have Penn State's best interest in mind of course. I promise!

Last edited:
80% of this thread being about Iowa surprises me. Wait, no it doesn't..

I should submit my resume. I would have Penn State's best interest in mind of course. I promise!
Go ahead. We'll get you an interview, just to see how many times we can work #eatitturk into the questions.

"Tell me of a time you decided to #eatitturk." Etc.

In all seriousness, Conaway or Mark McKnight?
I’d prefer keeping some of these young guys in SC. I personally hate seeing Mark and Cenzo out of our room and Jimmy Kennedy filling a spot. Steve Sanderson sounds retired and he could moonlight at M2.

Reactions: 1AA
All joking aside, a guy who runs his own business as successfully as him probably would know how to do this job pretty well (no I am not actually advocating for him) But this isn't a wrestling job, someone that can handle the administrative side so Cael and crew don't have to remotely worry.
Dang we might be on to something. From the sounds of it he is a very successful business owner and Educator. Oh yea and good at recruiting. Bo and the boys move on up to Happy Valley. Get this guys address. I will personal send him an application.

Notice how we talk about Iowa guys for an ops role and not a coaching role. Take that for what it’s worth.
You are interested an Iowa guy to be in charge of your wrestling operations but not to help with coaching. That is a compelling thought

You are interested an Iowa guy to be in charge of your wrestling operations but not to help with coaching. That is a compelling thought
Um, because the head coach is the one that calls the shots? Moriah is Tom’s boss?

Making comments about Penn State people talking about Iowa people on a Penn State message board while you are an Iowa fan lurking here is a better use of the word compelling in my eyes.

Um, because the head coach is the one that calls the shots? Moriah is Tom’s boss?

Making comments about Penn State people talking about Iowa people on a Penn State message board while you are an Iowa fan lurking here is a better use of the word compelling in my eyes.
You sure twisted that one up. Who said the director called the shots? Not me

The director of operations is in charge of a lot of logistical work the head coach doesn't get involved with much. Behind the scene's, connect the dots work the head coach doesn't have to worry about. Management role.

Which is why I was intrigued you would consider a former Hawk in that role as opposed to one assisting with coaching in the room, with everyone around. I'll leave it at that

Last edited:
No one has said a serious name for that role from Iowa yet. Larry Lee, Moriah Marinelli are not serious comments. No consideration or names so far before your comments about Iowa.

Thanks for the job description though. You should work for Indeed.

Notice how we talk about Iowa guys for an ops role and not a coaching role. Take that for what it’s worth.

No one has said a serious name for that role from Iowa yet. Larry Lee, Moriah Marinelli are not serious comments. No consideration or names so far before your comments about Iowa.

Thanks for the job description though. You should work for Indeed.
I know they weren't serious considerations. They were brought up as a joke. We all get that. Let's not bounce around here.

I was only referring to this comment from you.-

"Notice how we talk about Iowa guys for an ops role and not a coaching role."

I hope you understand what I was responding to. Let's move on shall we?

Maybe Cael should apply. Hell, we all know he can't coach. Seriously, Adam Lynch has done a great job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
They should hire Moriah just to stick it to Tom Brands. Lol

I've seen enough of her. Everytime the Hawks are on, we have to see her and Brands' mother.

You think they'll show her when she's telling him, Alex your 29 years old. Time to give up wrestling, you aren't David Taylor.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Turk should apply.. we could say Turk got his “special’ ops role.
could someone set up a poll on how long til Turk starts drinking the blue white cool aid..
He would become insufferable.
10 natl champions 10 bonus point wins each match, the new gold standard.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT