Dec 8, 2014
RH - 27
RBY - 2 behind Fix
Nick - 2 behind Eierman
Beau - 26
Berge - 9
Joe - 14
CStar - 3 (Massa 5)
AB - 2 (behind Hunter Bolen who Flo asked 'who is this' two years ago...(also Mark headlocked for a fall at the Scuffle 3 years ago)
NB - 21
Seth - 16 (no Kerk)

RH - 27
RBY - 2 behind Fix
Nick - 2 behind Eierman
Beau - 26
Berge - 9
Joe - 14
CStar - 3 (Massa 5)
AB - 2 (behind Hunter Bolen who Flo asked 'who is this' two years ago...(also Mark headlocked for a fall at the Scuffle 3 years ago)
NB - 21
Seth - 16 (no Kerk)

Probably no takers that well do better than those

RH - 27
RBY - 2 behind Fix
Nick - 2 behind Eierman
Beau - 26
Berge - 9
Joe - 14
CStar - 3 (Massa 5)
NB - 21
Seth - 16 (no Kerk)

Might be a fun little BWI contest to see how many places we climb from these rankings vs B10 finish results when totaled.

I say a somewhat conservative 76 given we are only talking big tens here.

I think these are all pretty reasonable and expected. You guys have a super young, talented but unproven, team and the shortened season meant many of them didn't get an opportunity to climb the rankings.

Big Tens will be really important for NCAA seeding so you avoid getting sent to the backside early by top guys at some of these weights. Guys like Howard, Bartlett, and Beard can place, but if they hit a top 4 seed in the first two rounds, that's a long way back.

so you avoid getting sent to the backside early by top guys at some of these weights.
255.gif

Personally, I'm far more worried about RH than BB.
The benefit with Howard is that after Spencer, 125 isn't that great. I'd feel much better about him against Hildebrandt (for example) than Bartlett against Sasso or AOC.

Beard won’t be seeded too unbelievably low if he takes top 4 at B1G
But then that means he places higher than one of the following guys:
Caffey
Young
Amine
Schultz
Guys ranked 1-3, 7th. I think that would turn big time heads, not from people on this forum, but nationally.

The benefit with Howard is that after Spencer, 125 isn't that great. I'd feel much better about him against Hildebrandt (for example) than Bartlett against Sasso or AOC.

Huh? Did you see his match against MH? Bartlett doesn't need to beat Sasso to get an AQ spot..... not sure what the hell you're talking about or trying to imply.

Huh? Did you see his match against MH? Bartlett doesn't need to beat Sasso to get an AQ spot..... not sure what the hell you're talking about or trying to imply.
Oh I'm talking about the national tournament. I'm assuming they get in. I guess it's possible they don't.

Oh I'm talking about the national tournament. I'm assuming they get in. I guess it's possible they don't.

Again, RH is far from a sure thing at getting one of the 8 B1G AQ spots @125. MH is maybe the 4th best 25 lber @125 and he manhandled RH pretty good in reg-season dual.

• Wow
Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Hope so... only said that 125 gives me the most concern based on that MH match.... it wasn't close and MH is not elite imho.
Malik is top 3-5 when it comes to quickness and technique. Unfortunately.....although much improved.....is still under horse powered against the strongest 125lbers. Lost 1-0 to Schroder. Malik beat Howard with quickness and mostly technique. Robby did not have the horsepower to overcome that. I think match-ups will be important. I think there are guys Robbie can beat that Malik won't and visa versa. I am rooting hard for Robbie. Hoping but not 100% convinced he makes it. I'm certain he will get better with every match......wish he had a couple more weeks of competition before Big 10s. But it is what it is. Trust in Robbie and Cael :)

Reactions: danoftw
But then that means he places higher than one of the following guys:
Caffey
Young
Amine
Schultz
Guys ranked 1-3, 7th. I think that would turn big time heads, not from people on this forum, but nationally.
I think you mean Warner not Young. Regardless, Amine is the best wrestler at 197 and Beard got to his legs 4 times? I think if they wrestle twice more Beard takes him in the third match.

There is one wrestler at Big 10s in each 49, 57, and 97 that I think beats our guys (Sasso, Deakin, and Amine). If we avoid them then that’s 3 more finalists, if not 3 thirds. NCAAs seeds will take notice of Bartlett, Berge, and Beard being top 3 at Big 10s.

I know, I know...

Amine is definitely the sweatiest wrestler at 197 lol. Anyone else notice that in his match with Beard? He was soaking up the mat J’Den Cox style haha

For all thetalk about other weights, I think Nick Lee will get the biggest slight if he is # 2 behind Eierman!, On what basis? Eierman didn't even wrestle last year and nick was the #2 seed going into the NCAA's and both undefeated this year. There is a big difference between 1 and 2 at 141 because #2 will get Seabass in the semi's.

For all thetalk about other weights, I think Nick Lee will get the biggest slight if he is # 2 behind Eierman!, On what basis? Eierman didn't even wrestle last year and nick was the #2 seed going into the NCAA's and both undefeated this year. There is a big difference between 1 and 2 at 141 because #2 will get Seabass in the semi's.
Eierman has won the only folkstyle meeting and outplaced him both times they were in the same bracket. It doesn't mean much for their upcoming matches, but they have to pick somebody and that's probably the most reasonable tie breaker. Won't matter that much because if Lee can't beat Rivera, he would have ended up the 2/3 anyway.

Reactions: ClarencButthorn
Pre-seeds for the Big Ten Wrestling Championships are normally out the Monday before the tournament, so this coming Monday, March 1.
I know the pre-seeds usually stand with only occasional minor alterations if any at all, but this year the Coaches meeting finalizing the brackets could be a bit spirited.

I know the pre-seeds usually stand with only occasional minor alterations if any at all, but this year the Coaches meeting finalizing the brackets could be a bit spirited.
Yea coaches trying to avoid under ranked PSU guys

Just my 2 cents, but Eierman should get the third seed. Nick was last year's Big10 runner-up and Rivera has been a past champ. Since all three are undefeated, past success needs to be a serious consideration.

Just my 2 cents, but Eierman should get the third seed. Nick was last year's Big10 runner-up and Rivera has been a past champ. Since all three are undefeated, past success needs to be a serious consideration.
That’s kinda Roar’s point. Since they have to look at past success, Eiermann is definitely ahead of Nick in Folkstyle. That makes Nick the 2 for sure or 3 if consideration is given for a different weight class.

That’s kinda Roar’s point. Since they have to look at past success, Eiermann is definitely ahead of Nick in Folkstyle. That makes Nick the 2 for sure or 3 if consideration is given for a different weight class.
My "past success" reference is "Big10", not "NCAA".
Eierman should be locked into the 3rd seed at BIGs.
If I had a vote 2 time Big10 champ would be first seed, last year's 141 runner-up is number 2 and Missouri's 3 time MAC champion is third.

• Haha
If I had a vote 2 time Big10 champ would be first seed, last year's 141 runner-up is number 2 and Missouri's 3 time MAC champion is third.
Also depends on "past" = how far past?

In normal years, seedings are not to be based upon any prior years, including the immediate past year. Even with this year being different, why should "past" go back to 2019 or earlier?

If so, then why not use Nick's win over Eierman within the past 12 months? Sure, it's freestyle not folkstyle. Also it's not MAC. Also it's 2+ years more relevant than their prior match.

Not sure why you care so much. Lee seeded #3 is BETTER for Penn State. He gets a first round match against the number 14 seed and pins him.

Not sure why you care so much. Lee seeded #3 is BETTER for Penn State. He gets a first round match against the number 14 seed and pins him.
Why does anybody care about Big Ten team points?

This tournament is 100% about NCAA qualification and seeding. And while I'd like to think Nick wins B10s and gets the 1 at nationals regardless, why not increase those odds?

ADVERTISEMENT